Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Lunar Alchemist ❯ Elle's Disaster ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: This chapter is a little gory for some people. It kinda has a house of wax reference but since I can't watch horror films due to a mental condition I have I can't tell you for sure I think it's close enough though. (I can only go by trailers on television). This chapter is short and some things in this chapter are unscientific but for the purpose of this story this is the way I want it okay. Besides with alchemy you never know. Lol. The next chapter will also be shorter than normal because of the way I want the chapters to roll. Thanks and please R&R *I know people are reading and I take all reviews and PM's and I will answer them…cookies from the dark side for all who do.
 
Chapter four
Elle's Disaster
 
I finally arrived in Xenotime and when I did the first I did was head straight to my parents house where my best friend Elisa was visiting my mother and Mom was wrapped in a blanket and sitting in a chair on the porch.
 
“Mom, it's like eighty degrees, why on earth are you wrapped in a blanket?” I asked worried as I entered the front yard.
 
“Elle! You're home!” Elisa shouted and headed over to me. “You didn't make it?”
 
“Please, tell us everything.” Mom said.
 
“After you tell me why you're wearing a blanket when we live in the middle of a desert mom. You can't be cold.” I demanded.
 
“I had a fever the other day. I just wanted to get some fresh air and I decided to wear a blanket to be on the safe side.” Mom replied.
 
“Were you examined by a doctor?” I asked. “What if you have that illness everyone is getting?”
 
“Yes honey I was examined the day I got the fever. I just have a small cold is all. So, how was Central?”
 
“Cold. My little jacket didn't keep me warm at all. But I got a whole new appreciation for mothers during child birth. My brothers and I helped one of their friend's wife give birth to a beautiful daughter.” I said.
 
“Wait your brothers?! You found them? What about your birth mother? Was your father around?” Elisa asked excitedly.
 
“Whoa candy chick.” I laughed. “Yeah I met my brothers, they're nice. I did manage to get mad at my younger brother before I left Central but that's besides the point. I did find out that my mother passed away due to an illness and that my father never returned to them once he dumped me here. They took the exam too. The last time I saw them was the second day of the test. it was divided up into two days. I also found out that unfortunitly my older brother Edward, has automail on his right arm and left leg due to an accident and some freaky gene in my younger brother Alphonse caused to be a giant and he's so self-concious that he resides in a suit of armor.”
 
“Armor?” Elisa asked confused.
 
“Yeah it's the only thing his size without having to wear a paper bag and it keeps him safe. Like a giant bubble that will never pop.” I added. “Come on mom, you should go lye down before your cold gets worse.” I said leading my mom into her room and into bed.
 
“If you can your father is up at the mine. Will you help out with your alchemy?” Mom asked.
 
“Sure, I can transmute. Come on Elisa, mom needs to rest.” I said leading the kid outside. “I'm going to head up to the mines.”
 
“I'll head over to Uncle Belsio's orchard and help him out with his fruit. I'll ask him if I can bring some over for your mom. Fruit will help her get better faster.” Elisa said as a rescue pulled up and stopped in front of the front gate.
 
“Hey Elric, you're home. There was a cave in at the mine, come on I'll give you a lift, they were going to call you in anyways if you were around.” Jake said.
 
“Thanks Jake.” I said hopping into the truck.
 
Before I decided to go to central to take the alchemy exam, since I was the only alchemist in Xenotime, I voulentered in the rescue squad by using my alchemy to help the adults or I helped crowd control. I was even used to get into small places while fires broke out in the village or something collapsed like the mines apparently did. It was during such an occasion the crane transmutation occurred I told you about earlier.
 
As you could probably guess my parents aren't exactly thrilled that I'm on the rescue squad like this. They rather have me working at the base running the scanners and relaying the messages we get.
 
If I didn't know that they were going to call me and if it were any other day I might not have been called to go to the mines but as you know my father was working that day so I think I had a right to be called in to help out to make sure that my father would be alright because if the mines collapse it's really dangerous because that means something isn't stable or was built unproperably.
 
Finally, we arrived at the mines and saw a lot of the miners and a lot of the villagers standing near by.
 
“Why don't you handle crowd control for now?” Jake asked.
 
“Okay, I wanna know where my father is too if you find out.” I replied.
 
“Of course El.” Jake sand and we separated and I headed toward the crowd while Jake headed toward the mine.
 
“Alright guys, please back away and please head back to the village unless you have family who are here.” I called out pushing the crowd back until I heard a drill power up.
 
“Are people trapped?” A woman asked.
 
“I don't know if people are stuck inside the caves or not.” I said as a man named Steve came over.
 
“Elle can you transmute?” Steve asked.
 
“Yeah why?”
 
“We hear calls coming from inside the mine. Your father could be in there because he's not here.”
 
“Damn it!” I said heading to the mine and they had a decent size hole made. “Are there injured!” I called.
 
“No, just dead. A couple of men got crushed by the boulders when the support beam collapsed.”
 
“That's what caused the cave in.” I thought. “Are they underneath the rubble?”
 
“No, we pulled everyone out.”
 
“Numbers!” Jake called.
 
“There's two of us alive. They're five dead.”
 
“Alright stay calm.” Jake said. “Elle, can you crawl through this hole?” Jake asked.
 
“And do what Jake? I'm not EMT.” I asked as a man named Phil came with dynamite.
 
“All set.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't blow an opening with dynamite! The mine might've collapsed when one of the support beams broke so the people inside said. It could cause another cave in.” I said.
 
“Can you transmute an opening?”
 
“Maybe, it'll be tricky. I need a hard hat.” I added and Jake put his on my head.
 
“What's your plan Elle?” Jake asked.
 
“Use alchemic dynamite. I'm going to melt the rock…I hope.”
 
“Hope?”
 
“It's an idea. Just back everyone away.” I said crawling inside the small hole and the two men helped me inside. “Okay, take the bodies and move back. Just incase something happens I'm going to put a shield over you.” I added
 
I clapped my hands and touched the ground and surrounded the two men and the bodies. I then took a deep breath and examined the area and it looked stable. I called again and touched the rocks and watched as they slowly started to melt into a huge puddle on the ground and among the puddle was a set of bones.
 
“The hell? Hey!” I shouted, got rid of the shield I made and grabbed one of the men by his collar. “You said you had everyone out from underneath the rubble. If that's the case, why the hell is there a set of bones where the rubble was?”
 
“I'm sorry Elle, I thought we pulled out everyone.” The man said.
 
“Hey, didn't Mike try to leave shortly before the collapse?” The second man replied.
 
“My father?” I asked and ran outside where people were cheering at my success. “Jake!” I called and he ran over to me.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Did anyone see my father?”
 
“No, I haven't seen Mike and neither did the others.”
 
“Oh no.” I said heading back inside the cave and looked at the bodies the men pulled out. If none of them were my father it was highly possible the body I saw was my father's body.
 
My body started to shake as I looked over the corpses praying that my father was among them but at the same time he was able to head home and didn't hear the cave collapse so was waiting for me at the house.
 
Then I caught the smell of the special type of oil that works only on automail. Yeah that's right, my father had automail. I finally caught glimpse of melted silver attached to the bones' shoulder and in a pattern of an arm being the only way Dad could bend it thanks to his automail model.
 
I knew right then…the body I found…was my father's. He was never to be heard from again and there was nothing left to him except bones that didn't melt because of the certain temperature I used to melt the rock. It could easily melt metal and the skin off my father but not the bones because bones are said to be harder than rock or something like that. So in short, he'd never be seen again, he was lost in the mine.
 
I broke down crying because my only father…well, the only one who cared about me, died and it could've been my fault. I mean who knows, my father might've been alive by some strange miracle under the rock and was unconscious. When I melted that rock, I could've killed him. I might've killed him with my own alchemy.
 
Just then Jake came in and saw me on the ground crying. He picked me up off the ground since I don't weigh much (100 pounds isn't heavy for my uncle.) and led me to his truck and gave me a box of tissues to use to dry my eyes.
 
“That set of bones was your father wasn't it?” He asked.
 
“No mistaking it. Dad's the only one with automail in the whole village. I wish Edward and Alphonse were here.” I said
 
“Edward and Alphonse?”
 
“My brothers. I found them while I was in central. Edward's my twin brother and Alphonse is a year younger than us. I don't know how to contact them though.” I said.
“Wait a minute! Colonel Mustang! He can give me Mr. Tucker's number.”
 
“Good idea. You can call him from my place. Let's not worry your mother right now.” Jake said.
 
“What about Daddy?” I asked. “I can't leave him here. I'm his daughter.”
 
“The authorities have to deal with the mines and the bodies. I'm sorry but you can't help there.”
 
“Okay.” I said. “Let's go.”
 
Okay, let me tell you a little bit about Jake before you start to think he's a pedophile or something like that because if you do think that and I find out I might beat you down. Jake is my mom's best friend. Just as Elisa grew up with me Jake grew up with her and helped my parents raise me starting on the day they took me in and adopted me. I just can't believe that I lost my father for the second time in my life.
Jake drove me to his house and when we got there I called the State Military and they happily patched me through to the colonel.
 
“Hello, Colonel Roy Mustang.” He said.
 
“Colonel it's me Elle Elric, Edward and Alphonse's sister.” I said.
 
“Ah, Elle. Fullmetal was telling me you left a few days ago. (It takes three and a half days to get from Central to Xenotime.) What do you need?”
 
“Can you give me Mr. Tucker's number. I really need to talk to Edward. My father was killed in a mine accident today.”
 
“Who found the body?” He asked.
 
“I…I did after I melted some rock to free the trapped people inside the mine. “Everyone told me they got everyone out of the rubble so I did it.”
 
“Calm down Elle.” Roy said. “I'm afraid due to Military policy I can't give you Tucker's number but I can give Edward the card you gave me with your mission.”
 
“Not the card information. I'm staying at my Uncle's right now. I can give you the number.”
 
After I gave Roy Jake's phone number he told me he'd call Ed and have him call me ASAP at Jake's house and hung up. Jake thought he should tell mom while I was on the phone with Mustang so he was gone and when the phone rang ten or fifteen minutes later I answered it.
 
“Hello?” I asked.
 
“Sis it's me.” Alphonse said.
 
“Al? Man your echo sounds louder over the telephone.” I said.
 
“I'm sorry about your father.” Al said. “Ed took Nina and Alexander out so I called you to see if I can help. I mean I lost mom.”
 
“Thanks Al. I'm sorry about yelling at you by the way.”
 
“Oh don't worry about it. I know you just wanted me safe. I decided to drop out. I can always follow brother without being a state alchemist.”
 
“Just remember you always have to be on your toes. You never know what can happen.”
 
“I understand.” Alphonse said. “Sis, what was your father like? Was he like Tucker?”
 
“Kinda. I'm the only alchemist in the whole town. My father would help me learn by studying with me as I learned from books I got from the libaray. He also taught me how to fight. thanks to him and my mother I'm still alive. It was also dad who encouraged me to go to central to take the exam and it was him who begged my mother to let me join the rescue squad here in Xenotime.” I said.
 
“He sounds cool.”
 
“There's something I didn't tell Edward. Dad had automail too on the same arm as Edward's.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“How's your mother?”
 
“She has a fever but it's not the illness everyone around here's been getting luckily. My semi uncle is going to get her.” I said as she came in.
 
“Who are you talking to sweetie?” Mom asked.
 
“My little brother Alphonse. Edward's out with a friend who's a couple of years younger than Elisa.” I said.
 
“Can I talk to him?”
 
“Uh…Al? Would you like to my mother?”
 
“Sure!” He said.
 
“Okay.” I said handing mom the phone.
 
“Come on Elle, let's let your mother and brother some time alone.” Jake said leading me to my room in the house.
 
“I guess Ed made State Alchemist. When I called Colonel Mustang he reffered to Edward as Fullmetal. It fits him.” I said.
 
“What about you and Alphonse.”
 
“Al told me he had second thoughts and dropped out and I don't know about myself.” I said as the village police came in and surrounded me. “What's going on?!”
 
“Put your hands behind your back.”
 
“Mother!” I shouted as they handcuffed me.
 
“Hey! What are you doing?” Jake said.
 
“Putting Elric under arrest.” The cop said in a `duh' tone.
 
“For what!?”
 
“Murdering her father.” The cop said.
 
 
Dun dun dun!!!!!! Cliff hanger…it's kinda like an episode on nickolodeon or some soap opera…aw man I didn't want that kind of ending!!!! Oh well it'll say because I said so. Please R&R and remember if you do you'll get cookies from the dark side….join the darkside…it's fun!!! :D