Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Lunar Alchemist ❯ Living with Roy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six
Living at Roy's
 
The week passed and my concussion was gone days after I arrived in Colestone and I was released shortly after it was cleared. Tomorrow I would finally arrive in Central and I would go to meet Furher King Bradley again and he would let me know where the trail would be and what exactly my judgment can be. As I under stood it from Roy I could face a firing squad should the state see it as manslaughter or I could go free and continue on with my life.
 
I wasn't all to concerned believe it or not. Well, I wasn't worried about me anyways. I was more worried about Ed and Al.
 
If you haven't done so already, put yourselves in my shoes and let's review my life.
 
Edward and I are fraternal twin brother and sister with Edward being older than me by about four minutes or so. Al was born when Ed and I were near a little over a year old (Al is about a year and three or four months younger than us) and when we were three and a half our father got up and left our mother and took me with him and eventually left me in the care of my new mother Mary.
 
Almost ten years have past since that day and we found each other again thanks to the State alchemy exams and my father who encouraged me to go to central to take the exams. Then, when everything was all said and done I decided to go to Xenotime for a while, the mines collapse, and I saved two men named Nick and Kenny using alchemy and I find my father's body and I was arrested for murder.
 
It's a little much. Not just for me but even more so for Ed and Al. they watched Mom die and out of love and respect for her attempted human transmutation that failed at a harsh price. Al is barely alive since all he is a suit of armor, and Ed lost his right arm and left leg. In order to join the military to get Al back to his human body Ed went through the pain of automail just to go on with their lives.
 
Anyways, we finally arrived in Central and Roy led me and only me to headquarters after Ed and Al led Mom, Nick, and Kenny to the hotel and Roy agreed to house Edward and Alphonse while I was under house arrest so I could be with them.
 
When we stood in front of the state military build Roy put a hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him in response.
 
“Don't worry to much Elle. I'm sure everything will be okay.” Roy said.
 
“Tell that to my spinning world.” I said as my vertigo started to come back.
 
Unfortunitly that would be an on and off thing for a while according to the doctor in Colestone.
 
“Let's sit down until your vision clears.” Roy said as Hughes came up the path and saw us.
 
“Elle! Are you alright? I heard about that officer.” Hughes asked.
 
“I'm fine, I have vertigo though. It'll be a while before it goes away completely. It comes and goes for now. I can get back to the point that I'll vertigo 24/7 like I did at first but I have to be careful for the first couple of days.”
 
“Did you come to talk to the furher?”
 
“Yeah. I have to find out where I stand for now.”
 
“I have to head home to watch Elysia while Gracia runs out to do a few things. She's got a head cold so we don't want her outside.” Hughes said.
 
“That's a good idea Hughes.” I said.
 
“Thanks. Good luck Elle.” He added as he left.
 
“Are you alright to continue now?”
 
“Yeah I can go now.” I added.
 
Roy led me down the hall to the Furher's office and when we got there Roy knocked on the giant door.
 
“Come in.” HE said and Roy opened the door. “Ah Colonel Mustang and Elric.”
 
“Furher sir.” Roy said saluting.
 
“At ease. Please take a chair.” He added as we sat down in the chairs. “I'd imagine Elle isn't feeling well so let's get to the point. Until we get autopsy results any trail we conduct wouldn't have a purpose. For this particular reason we'll need that test result.” He said as he drank some of his coffee. “I talked to the judges of the court and they agreed that the state prision isn't a good place to hold you until the trail since you have vertigo otherwise we'd wouldn't even be here and you'd be behind bars. Since you followed our demands thus far we have decided to put you under house arrest however until the trial, which will be sometime next week you cannot have any further contact with your family and your witnesses. Roy we sent a mission for Edward to go on. It's a simple one being it's his first.”
 
“Wait, please don't send my brother away, I want him to be at the trial.” I cried.
 
“If he completes the mission before then he will be there.”
 
“Sir, she's only thirteen and the case can be dropped. Please reconsider.” Roy tried.
 
“My decision is final.” The furher said. “As of now she is an alchemical criminal and by placing under house arrest she I salready getting special treatment. I don't want future crimals to get an idea in their heads.”
 
“I understand.” I said sadly. “When will my trail take place?”
 
“WE are beginning it next week like I said earlier. Whenever we get the autopsy results to make sure we don't need a trial. We will analize the results and go from there. however, if you wish seeing as you do have vertigo we could get the trial over and wait for the results.”
 
“I'd rather do that. I can wait for the results.” I said.
 
“Alright. I'll let Roy know when the trial will be. you are dismissed.”
 
Roy and I stood up and wealked out and Roy led me to his office to get my stuff from my mother and find a comindations for her and the others until o got to either leave freely, I'm in jail, or I'm dead. My mom kept my alchemy necklace and Roy checked my bag to make sure there wasn't any means for me to use alchemy such as my art kit, (so I couldn't keep that) any pens or pencils I had, and also my textbooks since they had transmuation circles in them that I could easily draw. Then we went to his house.
 
Just to let you know, I trusted Roy enough that I wasn't worried about Roy being some sort of pedofile or try to hurt me like Tucker did to Nina because I could always turn him in to either the Furher, Ed, or my mother and have his ass fired. Oh yeah, I loved having people now.
 
When I got in the door Roy led me to the guest room he had which was fairly nice and basic.
 
“Just so I'm aware Elle, are you allergic to any food?”
 
“Um…yeah. I'm allergic to cooked eggs,(like scrambled or sunny side up not raw like to bake a cake with) certain brands of hot chocolate so I experament with that one, I won't end up in the hospital though from it, Fish, and Xing food.” I said.
 
“Alright, fish sticks are out.” Roy laughed. “Cheeseburgers okay?”
 
“Sure.” I added sitting on Roy's couch and saw a book on the coffee table and it turned out to be a journal and I saw four words that caught my eye. “Human Transmuation attempt and Ishbal.” Curiosity got the better of me so I opened the first page and I saw one word suicide and I imedantly closed the book and put it back to where it was before and pulled out one of my novels I brought downstairs with me.
 
My mind didn't comprehend the story line since my mind wouldn't let go of what I stumbled upon.
 
It actually made me wonder if that was the reason Roy supported and actually cared for Edward and Alphonse instead of arresting them for the human transmuation. Because he knew about what the risks Human transmuation brought with it.
 
After dinner Roy showed me where the bathroom was so I could take a shower and I brought my pajamas in and after I was done I returned downstairs where Roy was writing in his journal. I suppose there was more in there instead of what happened after the war in Ishbal and how Roy wanted to do human transmutation and tried to commit suicide. So, I grabbed my journal and at the time I just started writing about what had happened at the hospital to more detail that I did here to save you guys some time.
 
Since I was board in the hospital I was mostly complaining about being stuck in one place for about a week without being aloud out of bed to unless I had to use the restroom down the hall and I couldn't even walk there. Mom had to bring me in a wheelchair!
 
Anyways, after about two hours Roy slammed down his journal and stood up quickly and shouted.
 
“DAMN THE STATE!” Roy called and I cringed and hid as well as I could in the giant chair.
 
I've never been able to stand loud noises and no one knows why. Not even me. Mom said it could've been something that happened when I lived in Risembool with moy real mom, Ed, Al and Dad and my mind might've forgot the true reason but the reaction remains.
 
By the time Roy realized he had scared me he had already calmed down and looked at his hands.
 
“Sorry Elle.” Roy said. “I didn't mean to scare you.”
 
“I know. But don't blame the State.” I added as I relaxed. “Laws are absolute and can't be changed.”
 
“This is why I want to become the Furher. So I can change the state and make it fairer. You are only thirteen and you listened to an eye witness.” Roy said. “I'm going to take a shower.” He added starting to go upstairs.
 
“You're an honorable man.” I said suddenly. “To want such a goal I mean.”
 
“So is your family.” Roy added and continued up the stairs into the bathroom and I thought about what Roy just told me and wondered how we were honorable.
 
Sure I can see how Edward and Alphonse were honorable. Ed and Al tried to bring our mother back to life and it cost them both a hefty price. One no child should have to live through. Ed had to watch helplessly as Al's body slowly disappeared into the gate as his leg was also being decomposed. Then Ed went through the pain again, this time losing his arm, to get Al's soul and implant it in the armor.
 
But where did I come into the picture? What did I do that was honorable?
 
Maybe it was the number of lives I saved being a member of the rescue squad of Xenotime or maybe it was of how brave I was. (even though I have to sleep with a stuffed animal at night) I honestly didn't have an answer to what Roy meant.
 
I decided that I would let it go and I slowly got off the chair I sat in and I headed upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door to let Roy know that I was going to bed. I walked into the room and put my novel and journal into my bag and I pulled out my stuffed dog and then I headed towards the bed carefully and I laid down and shortly after fell asleep.
 
The next morning I woke up to the smell of burnt bacon that over powered the smell of French toast. I woke up with a huge wave of Nausia and I pulled up the blanket over my head to block the smell until I heard Roy knock on the door.
 
“Elle, are you hungry?” Roy asked.
 
“No thank you.” I called.
 
Roy opened the door but luckily for me he left the food out in the hall. He walked over to my bed and knelt next to me and pulled the covers back enough to look at me but the sunlight made my vertigo get worse.
 
“Alright, turn off the damn sun already!” I shouted.
 
Roy walked over to the window and shut the blinds for me which did help and it did make it a little better for me.
 
“Do you have vertigo this morning?”
 
“uh-huh. I can't see clearly at all.”
 
“Did they give you any medicine?”
 
“Yeah, in the refrigerator. My medicine needs to be kept cold.” I added.
 
“Alright, I'll be right back.” Roy sand and I curled up in a ball and hid back underneath the covers fro about five minutes until Roy came in with a pill, a glass of soda, and a straw and he put the straw in for me.
 
“Why'd you put a straw in there?”
 
“That way you don't have to tilt your head back.”
 
“Thanks for the thought but I have to tilt my head back to swallow the pill. I can't do it otherwise.” I moaned.
 
“Oh, sorry. I want you to take the pill and then I want you to eat something to try and keep your strength up.”
 
“Yes sir.” I added popping the pill into my mouth and swallowed it while Roy went downstairs to make some toast since that's a lot more basic than French toast and bacon.
 
I just laid back down under the covers thinking about being honorable again and coming up with the same result…nothing.
 
“ARGG!!! I don't get it! how the hell am I honorable!?” I growled in frustration until I heard a laugh coming from the door. “Huh? Oh, sorry Roy.”
 
“You don't know what I'm talking about?” Roy asked.
 
“No. I don't see how I'm honorable. I've been thinking about it all night. I can see where you'd consider Ed and Al honorable but not me.”
 
“Honorable means you can look up to someone right?”
 
“That would be idol.”
 
“Oh yeah, let's go with idol then. You can be idolized because you rush into a situation with no fear. You have bravery that hardly no teenager has.” Roy said as the phone rang.
 
“Shouldn't you get that? It might be the Furher.”
 
“You understand though?”
 
“Yeah.” I said and Roy left and I slowly ate a piece of toast while Roy answered the phone.
 
I suppose it was Edward yelling at Roy about having “custody” of me or it could be because he found out that he had to go on a mission somewhere and couldn't be in Central for me since he growled out Ed's title.
 
Edward is really protective of me. I can understand why just fine since we're twins who were speerated shortly after alphonse was born when Hohenhime left mom and took me with him and left me in Xenotime where I was adopted.
 
I don't even want to think about what could have happened if Mary or my current mother hadn't adopted me. I'd probably be dead and with my real mom instead of with my brothers. Hell, I still have the chance of joining mom if my father's autopsy doesn't come back and saying the rocks killed him long before I did my transmutation.
 
Just then Roy came back into the room and sighed.
 
“My older brother giving you problems?” I asked.
 
“Yeah. Seriously Elle I don't know how you deal with him.” Roy sighed.
 
“You have to remember Roy I wasn't raised with him. I've only known Ed for a bout a month now. And I still don't really see him.”
 
“I suppose that's true.” Roy added thoughtfully. “Ed was sent to inspect a coal mine in Yousewell.”
 
“A coal mine? A state alchemist needs to examine a coal mine?” I asked in confusion.
 
“As an alchemist you'd have knowlage of basic minerals right? So, you'd use that idea to examine the mine to make sure it's alright.”
 
“Wait, the mine is a military owned mine isn't it?”
 
“Exactly.”
 
“I get it.” I added. “Wait a minute, don't you have to work?”
 
“Not to be mean but watching you is my mission right now.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“I'll let you rest now.” Roy added as he got up and left the room.
 
Two days later, while I was reading one of Roy's alchemy books while he signed some paper work a woman named Hawkeye brought over when the phone rang and he answered it.
 
“Hello?” Roy asked.
 
After a few “yes sirs”, “No sirs”, and a final “I understand.” Roy hung up the phone.
 
“That was the Furher. You're trail is the day after tommrow. You're mother got you a dress for the trial and Hawkeye will bring it over later today.”
 
“What about Edward and Alphonse?”
 
“I don't know. I gave Riza orders to tell them when your trial was if they returned before then.” Roy added.
 
“Okay.”
 
“Don't worry Elle. I'm sure it'll be alright.”
 
“I hope you're right.”