Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The way back to Briggs was a little bumpy, especially the train ride.
Olivier shifted to her side of the window and rested an elbow to support.
Her thoughts traveled to the past as the breeze played with her blonde hair.
The cool breeze picking up could only meant that they were nearing the north.

There were only her and Miles in the cabin.
The Major had dozed off prior to their next stop and Scar had left for the restroom awhile ago.

The door slided.
"It's getting cold," Scar handed her a hot drink and sat down opposite beside Miles.
"Thank you."

Olivier noticed the huge man now as he sipped his drink.
Would it be a different story had he not met Miles?
Scar had noticed her attention and turned to face her.
"I'm used to people staring at me but it's a first time I don't mind that."
A smile lit up on Miles' face though his eyes remained close.

Olivier turned away hastily to refrain an awkward confrontation.
"I was preoccupied in my thoughts. How's the trading point coming along?"

"(Yawn)," Miles picked himself up from his slouch. "The works are underway. How come I don't get coffee?"
Olivier offered hers,"You can have mine, it's untouched."
"How long have you been awake?" Scar asked.
Miles took a quick whiff and a sip, "(Ahhh)~Long enough! This coffee is good, General.
You don't know what you're missing! "
Olivier folded her arms and drifted her eyes aimlessly out the window, "Well, you can keep it!"