Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth of The Forgotten Alchemist ❯ The Run In ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Truth of theForgotten Alchemist
 
The Run In
 
“Brother, wait up! You know I can't run that fast anymore!” an innocent child-like voice said, from a suit of armor.
 
“I can't wait Al! Mustang's gonna kill me if I'm late even more! I'll catch up to you later!” a 15 year old, cocky blonde said running off.
 
“But…” AL trailed off, while fiddling with his hands.
 
`Ed, why do you always leave me behind when you're late?' Al pondered to himself.
 
Al walked around glumly, looking into old antique stores until he ran into someone, knocking them over (Author's Note: oh!!! That's gotta hurt!!).
 
“Ouch!” the person yelped, landing on the hard concrete. Al looked down to see a very young girl, in a state alchemist uniform, with dark brown hair and glimmering amber eyes.
 
`She's shorter than Ed. Wait! Is that possible?' Al wondered, confusingly.
 
“I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to knock you over! Here let me help you up.” He said, giving her a hand.
 
She looked at him weirdly for a moment and shook her head slightly.
 
“It's alright. I'm not hurt or whatever. By the way, my name is Ashley Hitake.” She replied, holding her hand out. (Author's Note: Man. She doesn't care if it's a killer!! She'll talk to any stranger!!...What a dimwit…)
 
“Nice to meet you. I'm Alphonse Elric or Al, as I prefer.” He replied, shaking her hand.
 
“Nice to meet you too. Where ya headin'?” Ashley asked.
 
“I'm headin' to West Headquarters. You?” Al answered back.
 
“So I'm I! Want to walk there together?” she asked, smiling gently.
 
“Sure!” Al replied happily. It didn't take long for then to arrive there, but the two talked about a lot on the way.
 
“Don't mind me asking, but why are ya headin' to H.Q.?” she questioned. Trying not to sound interested.
 
“Oh, I'm going to see if my brother is there.” He replied.
 
“Hey Al! Who's that?” Ed asked cautiously, walking up to them. Ashley looked up to see a young boy taller then herself.
 
“Aw man!! Why is everyone so damn tall!?” she asked to no one in particular.
 
“Major Hitake! Get your ass over here now!” Roy Mustang ordered, walking out of the building.
 
“Yes Colonel Mustang!!” she said, running over to him.
 
“That's Ashley Hitake. I kind of… eheh, knocked her over. She's a new friend.” He answered, with a nervous laugh.
 
“Elrics, come here as well!” Mustang hollered.
 
While Ed and Al ran over, Ashley wondered why Roy brought her back after seven long years.
 
“Now, Edward-“
 
“Your name's Edward!? That's cute!” Ashley interrupted, laughing at Ed's crimson-red face.
 
“As I was saying before I was interrupted,” Mustang said, smirking at Ed's face. “Edward, Ashley here is very valuable to the alchemy world. The High Council and I have decided to partner her up with you for her protection.” Roy finished, looking at the boredly.
 
“WHAT!? I'm not protect some short creepy girl while I travel! Forget you Mustang!!” Ed yelled in rage.
 
“Hey! I'm not that short…” Ashley trailed off, looking down.
 
“Elric, you DO as I say or I will fire you in a heartbeat!!” Roy yelled, bursting with fury.
 
“Wha…” Ed stuttered, shocked at Roy.
 
“Roy you don't have to yell. It's fine.” Ashley said calming Roy down.
 
“Fine. I will. But I will not pay for her needs. Got it!?” Ed grumbled, harshly.
 
Ashley looked at Ed, smiling gently, as if to say thank you.
 
It took Ed all he had not to blush.
 
“W-What are y-you looking at?” Ed stuttered, nervously.
 
“Aw, what's wrong big brother?” Al chimed, giggly.
 
Big brother?” Ashley said, laughing in disbelief.
 
“What's wrong with that? Ed questioned, irritated.
 
“Oh, I thought you were his little brother because you're so teeny- tiny.” Ashley answered, tiredly.
 
“WHO YA CALLIN' SO SMALL YA NEED A MICROSCOPE TO SEE YA DAMN WOMAN!!??” Ed said angrily, flailing his arms.
 
“Geez, I didn't say that…” Ashley said, sounding a little upset.
 
“I-I'm sorry…I didn't mean the last part…” Ed said, looking away.
 
“It's ok. Now, let's find a hotel and get somethin' to eat!!” Ashley yelled, running off and leaving the brothers behind.
 
“Wait up!!” they both yell.