Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Whisper in the Wind ❯ Kisses ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Is it twenty-four?"

"Dunno."

"I hate math."

"Same here." Kate shut her book in frustration. "It's all too confusing. 'You have to use numerical data, bla bla bla...'"

"Tell me about it." said Edward with his nose in the book. He then shut it and set it in the floor. "Oh well... we can copy off Draco... he always seems to be a book worm."

"Yeah..." Kate looked at her golden pendant that Edward gave her. She put it on, looking down at it and smiling. "Thanks for the locket, Ed. It's beautiful." Kate leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Ah, it's no big deal. Just somthin' I saved my allowance for. Real gold, too. Fourteen carrot."

"Wow..."

"I've gotta go to the East HQ in about another month. Can you collect my homework while I'm gone?"

"Sure. Why not..."

"Hmmm..." Edward smiled and leaned Kate back on the wall. He held her hands back against it and said, "Can I..."

"Can you what?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Kate smiled widely. She wrapped her arms around his neck and said, "Yes..."

Edward blushed a little, but that didn't hold him back from wrapping Kate in his arms and setting a warm kiss on her lips. He snuggled his nose into her shoulder and said, "I hope you liked it."

Kate blushed harder, but her smile grew wider. she leaned her head against his and said, "Don't worry. I loved it."

Edward kissed Kate's head softly. He felt better that Kate admitted her feelings and that she loved him rather than him admitting his. ~he was afraid he would screw up~

"Crap, I feel so guilty that I didn't get you anything."

"Oh, don't feel bad."

~okay, this is gettin boring. time to add... (drumroll) lights! camera! action! ... (sweatdrop) *sigh* -_- I'm bad at things like that. please continue the story. sorry for the inturuption.~

Edward formed a smirk on his face as he leaned Kate back on his pillow. "You know, I've been thinking lately..." He sat next to her on the bedside.

"Of what?"

Edward frowned. "When I go to the East HQ for orders... you know that's a dangerouse job, right?"

"Yeah..."

"What if... you know... I didn't come back..."

"You will, Ed." Kate reached her hand up to his face, and brushed the hair out of his eyes. "I know you will."

Edward let a warm smile spread across his face. He put his hand on her head. "My Kateland..." he said softly, kissing her cheek. "I will come back to you."

~don't get your hopes to high~ *phone rings*

Winry answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Winry?"

"Yeah, Colonel?"

"Yes, I'm afraid I have some news for Fullmetal."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"The Ishbal massacre, Scar, is on the run again."

"I see..."

"He'll have to leave his watch behind..."

"Alright, Colonel... I'll tell him." Winry hung up the phone and went into Edward's room to tell him the news. "Ed..."

"What?"

"It's the Ishbal massacre, Ed. He's in Liore..."

Edward knew what that ment. Scar was stalking anyone with silver pocket watches, an I.D. of a State Alchemist. He was on the run for any State Alchemist he could find to kill them in revenge of his older brother. Edward couldn't take the risk of taking in on the train, so he would have to leave it behind in Resembool. He nodded at Winry and she walked out back to the shop to fix up auto-mail.