Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Who Says Blood is Thicker Than Water? ❯ Begining the Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
Beginning the Mission
 
Ed and Al were sitting on a hard train car seat, wishing that there was a quicker and more comfortable way to reach their destination. Their mission was cut-and-dry, help the Liquid Alchemist get away from Scar and bring her safely back to Central.
 
“Brother, how will we know who she is? We were never even told her name.” Al asked plaintively.
 
“According to Mustang, she's supposed to be one of the best State Alchemists around, and the youngest girl to be accepted. Supposedly, Mustang sends her on all of the really important undercover missions, so she'll probably be hard to find.” Ed sighed and shook his gold-blonde hair out of his face. “What I don't get is why Mustang is so shaken by this girl calling in for help. When I asked Hawkeye, she blew me off and told me that if I was supposed to know, I would've been told.”
 
Al abruptly raised his head. “Why would she say that?”
 
“I don't know, and that's what I intend to find out.” Ed mumbled his reply as the train squealed to a stop at the Resembool station. “Come on, Al. Let's go.”