Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Your Nightmarish Past ❯ Still No Clues ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Still no clues-Chapter 5
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist but I really wish I did!!!!
 
 
“Brother! Breakfast is ready!” Al yelled while taking off the yellow apron he wore to fix breakfast. Ed only rolled over on the couch, covering his head with the blanket. Eli came walking out of her room to the smell of bacon and eggs.
“Wow, Al, you made breakfast?” she said taking a seat at the table.
“Yeah, brother was complaining about being hungry, and now he wont even get up.
“Oh really?” she looked over towards the couch and began walking towards it. She pulled the cover off of Ed's head. He looked at Eli and cringed.
“Hi Eli.”
“Don't `hi eli' me.” She looked at him sternly only to notice that he still looked feverish and his face still seemed glossy from sweat. “How do you feel?”
“Why I feel fit as a fiddle!” he said jumping off the couch and walking over to the table to eat breakfast. Eli sighed and joined him.
“Are you sure, brother, you still look really ill. You still need to take it easy.”
“Nonsense, Al. I feel much better.” Ed said before stuffing a fork full of eggs in his mouth.
“Did you take your medicine?”
“Of course!” Ed said obviously lying, but no one caught it.
“Ok, Ed, today we go back to the library and then to the fields. We need to ask the villagers there methods of growing crops. I know they said that they would grow and then immediately die, so maybe it's a type of weed killer or something.” Eli said before eating a piece of bacon.
“Your right, but maybe we should go there first.”
“Are you sure that your up to this?” Eli asked with a worried look.
“Don't give me that look, I hate it! I'll be fine. The worst of it is probably over by now.” Ed said smiling. He thought to himself at least I hope so.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Ed, Al, and Eli all headed down to the fields. Even though Al was not a state alchemist, he enjoyed tagging along with Ed and Eli. They walked up a dirt road to the farming area of town. They saw a man dressed in blue overalls with a stray hat on his head. He was hoeing a plot of dirt. Edward walked up to the man and showed him his pocket watch.
“Ah, Well hello. What can I do you folks for?”
“We are here to investigate your farming problems. Care to explain?”
“Well sure. You see, every time we plant anything, as soon as it starts to flower, it dies.” Said the man, rubbing his head.
“I see, well are you using any type of insecticide or anything like that?” asked Eli.
“No, we don't believe in using any such thing. We figure that nature is the best way to grow things.” The man continued to hoe the dirt.
“Well, is there anyone that has an idea as to why all the crops keep dying?” asked Al.
“Nope. Were all about as clueless as you.” The group nodded and thanked the man for his information. They walked back up the dirt path, back into town. Ed was lagging behind, quit a bit too. Eli turned around and waited for him.
“Ed, are you sure your doing better?” she asked looking at him angrily.
“Of course, you haven't heard me cough or sneeze have?” he said returning her stare.
“No, I guess not.” She said smiling. Ed let out a sigh. Even though I haven't coughed or sneezed…. I still feel like crap. He continued to walk behind the two. Ed looked up to see a pocky vendor. His eyes grew large as he wanted some pocky.
“Hey Eli, Al, lets get some pocky.” He said enthusiastically pointing towards the vendor. The group got some pocky and continued to walk.
“Mmmm. I love pocky.” Said Ed as he stuffed the stick in his mouth.
“Ed, we all can tell.” She said laughing.
“I am beginning to worry about Shinkei. She hasn't been back in a while, its been 2 days.” Al said lowering his head.
“Your right, Al. something doesn't seem right.” Said Ed finishing off the last of his pocky.
“What do you mean, brother? Do you have an idea?”
“It's just that Shinkei was supposed to be back by now, and it seems strange that no one in the entire town can explain why the crops keep dying.”
“Maybe we should investigate, Shinkei may have been abducted.” Said Eli. Ed nodded.
“Then where should we start?” asked Al.
“We start by asking people if they have seen her. Then we go from there, and we may even figure out why the plants keep dying.” Ed said. The group agreed and went back to the house to figure out their plan more thoroughly.
 
~tbc~
 
A/N
 
Well I know I haven't updated in a while, my computer is being retarted. So please review….i am not going to post chapter 6 until I have at least 3 reveiws…..i mean it….. :-)