Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Your Nightmarish Past ❯ I'm Glad Your Both Alright ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm Glad Your Both Alright-Chapter 13
 
Al had carried Eli and Ed back to Shinkei's house. Shinkei was still kind enough to allow them to stay, she even helped bandage Ed and Eli. She was now making dinner and Al was walking back and forth from room to room checking up on the two.
 
 
Eli's nose brought her back to consciousness first. She opened her eyes to, once again be laying on Shinkei's couch. Only now Shinkei was there fixing dinner. Eli was grateful for that because she was supper hungry. She sat up wincing a little, but once she was up she felt ok.
“Oh, well hello Eli. Nice of you to finally wake up. Dinner isn't ready yet, but it will be in a bout 10 mintues.” Eli nodded and turned her attention to a door opening across from her. Al had walked out of the room gently closing the door behind him. He noticed Eli was awake.
“Good evening Eli. How are you feeling?” Eli turned away. She didn't care about herself. She only cared about the person on the other side of that door. She looked up at Al.
“How's Ed doing?” she said barely audible. From all the screaming, her voice was pretty much raspy now. Al lowered his head.
“Well, he is running an extremely high fever. He is still sick and won't take his medicine. His wound is healing up pretty good though.” He said putting a hand behind his head. Eli looked back at the ground.
“I see, that's good.” Al walked over to her.
“You want to see him? He keeps wanting to know if you've woken up.” Eli turned to look at him, surprise was evident on her face. She got up and walked towards the door and opened it. She looked in to see Ed propped against the headboard. He turned and saw her. She silently closed the door and walked over to him. She saw his bandage and her eyes watered. He noticed her bandages and turned away. The room was awkwardly silent for a few minutes. Ed turned his golden gaze back toward her and smiled.
“Why don't you sit down next to me?” he scooted over and Eli sat down beside him.
“I'm Sorry.”
“Eli it wasn't your fault. She made you see things that weren't there. I'm the one who should be apologizing.”
“Edward, you couldn't help it.”
“Yeah I could. If I wasn't so weak, she wouldn't have been able to do any of that stuff. She made me hurt you, and I was powerless to stop it. That hurt me a lot more than this scratch.” He said smiling, trying to make Eli feel better. She noticed his attempt and smiled back. Ed laid is head on the pillow and Eli followed. They laid there on the bed just enjoying each others company. (*)
Eli finally said something breaking the silence.
“Ed…”
“Mmm.”
“I-I…was so scared….she turned my parents…..against me….said it was my fault they died…..and the gates….I saw them again…..I was so scared Ed! I kept trying to tell my self that it wasn't real….but…..I kept remembering you…..that you would always protect me….and if I hadn't thought of you….I may have just killed myself to make it all stop….. Ed what happened wasn't your fault.”
“It's not yours ether. All that matters is that it's all over now. We found out about the crops, and took care of something else along the way. We're finished here.” Eli sat up and looked him in the eye and smiled.
“Your right. Now we just have to drill enough sense in you to take better care of your self and not get sick….everything will be perfect!” Ed laughed.
“Dinner's Ready!” yelled shinkei. Al came rushing in to help get Ed out of bed. When he came in he laughed because Ed had started hitting Eli with his pillow. Al smiled on the inside. I'm glad your both alright.
 
 
Owari
 
 
What did yall think……..(*) ok Eli was on top of the covers and Ed was under……just didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea….anyway please R&R