Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Your Nightmarish Past ❯ Goodbye ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goodbye- chapter 12
 
Serenity used her powers to levitate Despair and throw her into a wall. Despair was angry. She used her power to do that same to Serenity. Al was getting worried. How is she going to destroy her if…she cant hurt her? Al was worried about his friends and his brother. He desperately wanted to help Serenity but with Shinkei in his armor, he could do nothing.
“You can't defeat me. Not without killing yourself.” Serenity knew what she had to do. This was going to get ugly.
 
 
Eli was beyond scared now. The doors were opening to reveal all of the eyes that saw her all those years ago. Then what came out next caused her entire being to shake. The arms that took everything away from her and her friends, were finally emerging.
 
 
Serenity stood up and held out her arms. She closed her eyes, concentrating on what she had to do. Despair began to laugh.
“Ha, what's this? Giving up are we?”
“No, I am saving everyone here.”
“Oh really? How do you intend to do that?” Serenity said nothing. “No matter, I am much too powerful to be destroyed by a weakling like you.” Despair began to raise her hands again. This time, they glowed. Serenity just stood there, still concentrating. The attack finally came. Seconds from when the blast made contact, Serenity used her mirroring technique to mimic Despair's attack and sent it right back. Of course the attack hit them both, causing a massive explosion. When the dust cleared, there was no one else in the room. Al knew that Ed's soul must have returned. He quickly ran back to the room where he and Eli were fighting. He only hoped that it wasn't too late.
 
 
The arms began to lash out towards her grabbing hold of her arms. She faintly heard her name. It sounded almost like a whisper. But it wasn't enough to make the arms let go. They started to pull her in. I am not going back in there! She heard her name more clearly now, being yelled. And with that she took her mop (spear) and stabbed whatever being possessed those arms. She opened her eyes and felt her heart sink. She was back in the warehouse. And in front of her was Edward. She looked down and saw that she… had stabbed him. Ed looked at her eyes wide, and then looked at what she had done to him. Eli let go of the spear and began to cry. She fell to her knees. Edward knelt down with her. Blood flowed from his wound freely, he coughed. He pulled her into a hug. She only cried harder. His vision was blurring, and his fatigue was kicking in. He stroked her hair, and then lifted her head to meet his eyes.
“I'm sorry…” he weakly said.
“What are you sorry for? I'm the one that…” she didn't have the heart to say it.
“Please don't cry. I-I'm sorry…for hurting you….” She looked at her own body and noticed the deep gashes she had. She was losing blood too. She looked back up at Ed. He was smiling.
“Ed….I-I'm so sorry…” she sobbed into his chest.
“Please…..Elina…d-don't cry….” And Edward's body went limp.
“EDWARD!!!!!!!” she yelled at the top of her lungs, hoping that he would hear and come back. She hugged his body tightly against hers. Al ran into the room and realized that they had been too late. He walked over and asked if Ed was dead. Eli refused to answer. She looked up at him and said, “I don't know. I'm afraid to find out.” She put to fingers under Ed's jaw bone and hesitantly waited for a pulse. Then slowly, ever so slowly…..it was there. She breathed a sigh of relief, before she too passed out.
 
 
Tbc
 
That's right…I'm not finished yet……please review……….