Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom Comes at a Price ❯ ~Reunions and Confessions~ ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Freedom Comes at a Price (part 3)
~Reunions and Confessions~

by: AniDragon, aka Riona-chan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryuuen bit his lip in worry as he glanced out the train's window. The day after the incident with Kourin, he had seen Genrou at school and apologized for making a big scene about it. It was about a week later, and he had convinced the other boy to come with him to visit his friends in Tokyo. However, they'd been sitting on that bedamned train for hours now, which was much too long when you're mind was filled with thoughts like his was.

He could finally accept, more or less, that the Sharing had affected Kourin. But what he didn't understand was that, unlike Kourin, Genrou didn't seem to be affected by the Sharing at all. Even when it came to this trip; Kourin had refused flat out to leave Kyoto for more then three days, yet Genrou had accepted without even so much as a pout. Yet.... He was a full member just as Kourin was.

He shook his head to clear it and Genrou looked at him in concern, "You okay? You look kind of pale..."

Ryuuen nodded, "Yeah, just a bit tired, is all..."

Genrou put his arm around his shoulder, "Trains can do that to you. Try to take a little nap. I'll wake you up when we get to Tokyo."

Ryuuen smiled, leaning his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, "Hm... Arigatou..."

He slipped into a dreamless sleep almost as soon as his eyes were closed. He awoke a bit later when he felt someone poking his shoulder.

He opened one of his eyes a crack and looked at Genrou in confusion, "We there already?"

Genrou laughed, "Sure are, sleeping beauty."

Ryuuen got up from his seat a stretched before reaching in the overhead compartment to get his and Genrou's bags. They quickly made their way off the train, and Ryuuen spotted Houjun not far away, waiting for them.

"Houjun-kun!" He called out before running up to his friend and giving him a crushing hug, "It's been so long! I've missed you!"

Houjun hugged him back, "Ditto. How have you been?"

"Great!" Ryuuen answered with a big smile, then turned to Genrou, "Gen-chaaaaaan! This is Houjun, come say hi!"

Genrou responded with a nod and wave to the other boy, but remained otherwise quiet.

Houjun glanced at Genrou with a slight frown, "So, you're Genrou, huh? I hope your treating Ryuuen well."

Genrou smiled, "As well as I know how."

Houjun smiled, "Good," He turned back to Ryuuen, "The others are waiting at my house."

Ryuuen grinned, "Everyone's there? Doukun, Juan, Saihitei.... Everyone?"

"Yes, yes, everyone," The blue haired man assured him with an amused grin, "Get your bags so we can get going. The longer we take, the more crushing everyone's hugs will be."

"I'll get the bags," Genrou volunteered, "You two can catch up. I'll meet you outside."

"Ah, Arigatou, Gen-chan!"

As the redhead walked away, Houjun's face became serious, "Ryuuen... We need to talk. Alone."

Ryuuen looked at Houjun curiously, but then nodded and followed his friend to the car. Once they were seated with the doors closed, Houjun finally spoke, "Did Genrou tell you why you had to stay away from the Sharing?"

Ryuuen shook his head, "No... He just said it was dangerous. Why? What do you know about this? What's going on?"

Houjun sighed, "It's.... It would be too long to explain right now. We'll wait until the group's together. They all know. It was a true gift from heaven that we met Houki...."

Ryuuen frowned, "Houki? Sai's girlfriend? What does she have to do with anything? Look, Houjun, if this is some kind of twisted joke, I'd like you to stop. Please... It's freaking me out..."

"I only wish it was a joke, Ryuu-kun.... I'll explain everything as soon as I can, I promise."

It was those words that shattered all of Ryuuen's hopes that this may have been a prank of some sort. Houjun would never continue with a joke if he knew it was bothering him. Never. In that case, it meant that there really WAS something serious going on....

He waved Genrou over when he saw him, anxious to ease the awkward silence that had fallen between him and Houjun.

Houjun opened the trunk for Genrou to put the bags in, and the red head got into the back seat. They talked on the way to Houjun's house, but not of anything important. More just like "How did you two meet?" and things like that. It was a relief when they pulled into Houjun's driveway. Ryuuen almost jumped out of the car and into the house out of the need to see his old friends. He froze in the doorway when he saw them all there.

Doukun was sitting at the computer, probably checking his e-mail. Juan was sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper. And Saihitei....

Ryuuen felt a lump form in his throat at the sight of his old crush. He had thought he had finally gotten over him, but seeing him now, leaning against the wall to watch the clouds outside was almost too much. It was a relief when Genrou came to stand next to him and put his arm around his shoulder, bringing him back to reality. Leaning into him, he could actually forget that Saihitei was there... Almost...

Doukun was the first to turn at the sound of the door, "Ryuuen!" He cried out excitedly, and finally the others turned as well to see him. Ryuuen smiled, trying to mask his hurt over seeing Saihitei, and pulled away from Genrou to open his arms wide, "Group hug!"

His friends all complied, going over to him and giving him a huge hug. After a few seconds, he pulled away, "Hey, guys, this is Genrou! Gen-chan, this is Doukun, Juan and Saihitei."

The flame haired boy grinned and bowed slightly, "I'm glad to finally meet you all. Ryuu-chan's told me a lot about all of you."

Houjun finally came in with their bags, "Thanks for helping, by the way," He said sarcastically.

"Ah! Gomen nasai Houjun-kuuun! I was just so excited that I completely forgot about helping out!"

The man rolled his eyes, "You haven't changed a bit."

Just then, the sound of the bathroom door opening made everyone turn to look towards the source of the sound.

"Don't tell me I missed the infamous Ryuuen's arrival!" A female voice said as a young woman walked out.

Ryuuen's eyes widened, "Kourin-chan? What are you doing here?"

The woman, who's long mauve hair was tied in a high pony-tail, and who's blue eyes looked at him in shock, shook her head, "Iie... My name's Houki."

Ryuuen was almost frozen in shock at how much the woman looked like his sister, although she was a year or two older.

"Ah.... Gomen..." He stuttered. "You just looked so much like my sister...."

Houki smiled, extending her hand, "That's alright. You must be Ryuuen. I've heard so much about you."

"I hope SOME of what you heard was good," He laughed, shaking her hand.

"Ne! Ne! Ryuuen, tell us about Kyoto!" An exited Doukun interupted.

Ryuuen laughed again. Everyone sat down and Ryuuen began talking about the past few months. He talked about both the good and the bad, but he left out the Sharing and Kourin, only mentioning that she was making friends fast.

When he was finished, however, Genrou got up.

"Sorry I have to leave suddenly, but I promised my aunt I'd visit her when I arrived. I'll be back soon!"

Ryuuen nodded, a bit confused. Genrou had never mentioned that he had an aunt in Tokyo.

When Genrou was out the door, Ryuuen turned back to his friends, only to see that they all had serious looks on their face. He looked at all of them nervously.

"Um... Guys?"

"I think it's about time someone told you what's going on," Houjun said simply.

~End of Part 3~

(A/N: FINALY!!! I finished another chapter!!! Sorry this took so long, I've been sooooooo preoccupied with school, since I had French class this semester. But no worries! Summer's here, exams are done, and unless I fail French and need to go to summer school, I'll have the chance to write fics aaaaaaall summer! :D Anyway, please review!)

~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~