Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Chichiri's Heart ❯ A strange power ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's very late. Myra's lying on her bed. She's crying.
MYRA: Why... Why... Chôwa, Nozomi, Seishin, Shi, Hi, Hôshi and Kawâ... They all died... and that's my fault! S... sorry! My friends... If you could just know how much I hate myself!
And she bursts into tears.

Somewhere near, Chichiri and Tasuki are going back from the next village, very happy. They are laughing, their evening has been very nice.
CHICHIRI: See you tomorrow Tasuki, I'm going to sleep, I'm a little bit tired. Thank you for all.
TASUKI: You're welcome, guy.
So Chichiri leaves Tasuki and is about returning in his bedroom when he hears sobs in Myra's room. Without any hesitation, he enters without knocking and sees her in tears.
She doesn't seem to be the same girl as before, that's what Chichiri's thinking. He comes nearer to her.
CHICHIRI: Myra...
MYRA, surprised: What are you doing here? Who allowed you to come in?
CHICHIRI: Myra... I know you're very sad but...
MYRA: No. You don't know anything! Go away, I don't want to see anybody.
But Chichiri doesn't leave. He comes nearer and nearer and puts his hand on the godess' shoulder.
MYRA: I told you to go away. I don't needyour pity or your compassion. Now go away! GO AWAY!
A blue light surrounds her and hurts Chichiri who is thrown against the wall and fells, unconscious.
MYRA, scared: Chichiri... Oh my God... What have I done? So, the only thing I bring with me is the misfortune. If I stay near this people, they'll also die... No... I have... I have to leave as far as I can.
She kneels next to Chichiri and takes his hand.
MYRA: Sorry... Sorry, Chichiri. I'm sorry, so sorry...
Shes goes out of the room and runs away from Taiitsu's palace riding horse. Some minutes later, Tasuki, Tamahome and the others arrives, woken up by the noise, and see Chichiri laid on the ground.
MIAKA: Chichiri... Is he...
TASUKI: No. He's alive. He's breathing. Mitsukake, hurry!
Mitsukake puts his hand on Chichiri. A green light appears and the wounds disappear.
MITSUKAKE: Well, He's going better and better. But he needs to sleep. I wonder who did this, he must be very powerfull to win against Chichiri.
TASUKI: Or... Chichiri may has been taken by surprise. And I guess I know who did this.
He turns his head and looks at Myra's empty room.