Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Dude, where's my bishounen?! ❯ Okay...what just happened? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we don't own Fushigi Yuugi. (Damn.) We do, however, own ourselves. O_o Go figure. So… yeah. Don't use us without permission.

 

Thoughts are in italics.

 

"Speaking" is in quotations.

 

Bold is author notes.

 

Author's Note: Warning: This was written during a bout of insomnia, and ongoing food deprivation. (AKA-We were sleepy and hungry.)

 

 

 

IT BEGINS---

 

Chapter One

 

 

Our story opens to a shot of two teenage girls, hunched over and glued to the television screen, faces at a vision-destroying range.

 

The fem on the left was a brunette, her loose hair reaching the nook of her back. She, compared to her friend, was short at only 5'5", and sported her favorite Tool tee and blue jeans, her usual Vans elsewhere in the house. Two silver hoops in each ear crossed over a magenta star, bobbing with every move she made.

 

The one on the right, however, was a shorthaired blonde with hazel irises. She had on her emo-glasses, a chain necklace, and mood ring. For an ensemble she wore a black shirt, the sleeves stopping three-quarters of the way down her arms, and dark blue jeans with a pyramid belt. Even when crouched, she was much taller than her friend at 5'10".

 

(A-N: Yes, that is what we look like, and what we were actually wearing at the time. Bare with our lack of imaginative ability, people.)

 

"Steph," said the brunette on the left bluntly.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Hotohori's very nifty, don't you agree?"

 

:"That's the third time you've said that, and we've only watched the opening theme, Krissie."

 

"Huh?" Krissie blinked, the final chords of Itooshi Hito no Tame ni playing from the television's speakers. "Oh."

 

"Spoken like a true fangirl!" Steph squeed, but instantly fell silent as the first screen opened to a certain fiery-haired bandit. "Hey, Krissie."

 

"What now?"

 

"Tasuki's--"

 

"Hot. No need to even bother taking the time to finish." Krissie rolled her eyes, a casual sweatdrop making its way down the side of her face.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Our scene changes, now to a sister and brother of differing ages, both transfixed on the screen before them.

 

"So, eh…" Keisuke said, sifting through the TV Guide he had found on the coffee table. "What's this called? 'Appearance of a Normal Life'?"

 

"Yes," his sister Miaka sighed dreamily. "Those girls have it so good-OHMIGOD!"

 

Keisuke nearly leapt from the couch. "What?!"

 

"Brad!" She gasped out. "It's Brad!"

 

A figure made its way across the television-'Brad'. He was a head shorter than the blonde he knelt next to, and his short hair was spiked in a way that Miaka had never seen before. Only on television, she mused. "He's so adorable!" She giggled.

 

(A-N: Brad, we're so sorry if you ever read this…)

 

"Forget him," Keisuke scoffed. "How about that blonde girl, huh? Steph? She's a hottie." Miaka rolled her eyes and thought, Boys will be boys…

 

Keisuke and Miaka both grinned and turned their attention fully to the television. As soon as the opening theme to 'Appearances' began to play, Miaka burst out into song.

 

"This is the way I would have done things
Up against the wall
Up against the wall
You've got me up against your wall
This is the way I would have done things
Up against the wall
Up against the wall
You've got me up against your wall!"

 

She bobbed her head in rhythm, garnering an exasperated look from her brother.

 

During the tune, we were treated to glimpses of Krissie, Steph, and a variety of their friends engaging in various activities-Krissie bungee jumping, and Steph leaping from the same height, just without a cord. Of course, both became airborne, and were soon flying about in an impossible display.

 

Miaka sighed, her emerald eyes getting very watery and shoujo-ish. "If only it worked that way…"

 

Keisuke scoffed. "No complaints, missy. Who here gets to go into a magical book daily, hmm?" Miaka sweatdropped and glared at her older brother.

 

 

With Steph and Krissie…^_^

 

They sighed as they watched Hotohori and the rest of the Suzaku seishi fought the Seiryuu seishi.  As the anime went to a commercial, Steph went into her kitchen to get some pocky and other various junkfood.

 

"Oi! Krissie, what do you want?" yelled Steph, digging from the refrigerator. She found 3 boxes of pocky, a bottle of Ramuen, and made a bag of popcorn.

 

"Here ya go!" she said, throwing a box of pocky at her friend, causing her to go swirly-eyed.

 

"Hey, Steph…you didn't have to throw it at me!! >O" She yelled. She watched her friend smirk at her. Steph collapsed down next to her and opened up a box of pocky.

 

"Don't you think the dubbed voices suck?" said Steph, as Krissie nodded vigorously.

 

"Yeah…I think it's a new form of torture that Viz made up," she said. Steph grinned.

 

COMMERCIAL!

 

"Are you tired of your boring life?!" asked the booming announcer's voice. They girls both nodded. "Do you want to go somewhere new and exciting?!" They nodded.

 

"Well, Krissie Kayori and Stephanie Nishio, prepare for the time of your life!" They nodded-WAIT!

 

"Is it normal for commercials to address you personally and by full name? O.o" asked Krissie. Steph shook her head and the TV. Said, "NO! It's not!"

 

Both girls were pretty freaked out as it was, but it was Steph who decided to inspect things further. Krissie, on the other hand, just turned her back.

 

"Pretty…" cooed Steph, reaching out to touch the glimmering light before her. There was a harsh pull on her arm as suddenly, before anything could be said or done, she was pulled completely into the glowing set.

 

"Steph, what do you think? Mint or--"

 

The brunette dropped both boxes of pocky in her shock. Her friend was gone. Had she snuck out when she hadn't been watching? No, it wasn't possible. She would have noticed, there was no doubt of that-Steph could barely find her way out of a paper bag without causing a ruckus.

 

"Steph?" Krissie approached the television. "Where the hell did--"

 

She was cut off as the TV, tired of her delaying, tugged her into the light as well, right after her friend.

 

TBC…

 

Author's Note: If you read this, I cannot even begin to comprehend the depth of your boredom. I'm sorry… we're both sorry for writing this. Seriously.