Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and Always ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Forever and Always

Author: Malfoy

Archive: http://absoluteyaoi.cjb.net; if you want it lemme know.

Rating: PG

Pairing: Tasuki + Nuriko

Warnings: Angst, sap, shonen-ai

Spoilers: Don't read unless you've seen ep. 33

Disclaimer: Yuu Watase owns Fushigi Yugi, I do not. I have no money or anything anyone else would want so leave me alone.

All I want to do is shake him and yell until he wakes up. All I want to do is hold him in my arms, rock him in my arms and kiss him gently. All I want, more than ever is him, Nuriko.

They say that when you die, in your last moments, your life flashes before your eyes. Well, obviously that happens when you've lost the one you love. So what if he started to show affection toward Miaka?! He's mine . . . and always will be. I absolutely refuse to let him go.

I still don't believe that he's gone, even with Mitsukake holding me back as I shout my curses in the air, "Goddamit! He's not dead! He's not! He can't be . . . " I love him too much.

So what if it's only been a couple of months?! I love him more than anything. He was and is mine. He'll always belong to me because that's where he should be. With me, forever.

"Let go!" I burst out of Mitsukake's hold just to kneel beside Nuriko and take his cold, lifeless hand into mine.

My eyes travel over the length of his bloodied body. Tears stain his skin as I nuzzle his hand. I kiss it, holding it so tightly as if to never let it go. And I won't. I'll hold his hand forever because that's what I'm supposed to do. I'm supposed to protect Nuriko no matter what . . . Kuso! I've already screwed up! I've already let him get hurt. I wasn't there. I couldn't defend him. I couldn't even tell him how much I loved him before he closed his eyes. What a great lover I was . . . But I won't screw up again. I'll stay with him forever.

I lean down to kiss his lips, soft and cold like the snow beneath me. I pull Nuriko's body in my arms to cuddle him one last time before I see him again in the afterlife.

"Tasuki, it's time to bury him," Mitsukake says, hand on my shoulder in a comforting way.

I kiss Nuriko's lips again before Chichiri helps me up. I look around at the mournful faces that were once full of cheer and happiness. I wander aimlessly until I slump down against a boulder to watch Mitsukake make Nuriko as beautiful as he was the day we met. I stare at them with all my happiest memories of Nuriko floating through my head.

"I'll love you forever and always, Nuriko," is all I manage to say before bursting into uncontrollable sobs of loneliness.