Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Rekka Shin'en ❯ Rekka Shin'en ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Phew, it's been a while since I've done one of these! Anyway, I am as bored as hell so I'm doing this!
 
Story: Ever wondered why Tasuki said that he hated women? What if it wasn't because he hated them, or was it that there was only one woman for him, and he had found her then lost her in the same day.
 
A/N: This is MEANT to be only a One-shot...buuuuuuuuuuut, if I get enough interest from my audience, I will continue with it! I pull ideas out of my ass all the time and they are awesome!
 
Anyway, on with the story!
 
 
Rekka Shin'en
 
It was dark when he went to sleep. Darker than usual. He had felt off all day. He had let some kid get the better of him when they were stealing from a traveling caravan. He didn't know what was wrong with him, he was usually in control when he did a job like that. Even his friend, Koji, knew that something was up.
 
He didn't know what it was though. It felt like he was being pulled elsewhere, but he didn't know where. His dreams lately had been weird too. He kept seeing things that he didn't know what they were. He was always in the same place. It was cold and wet, the sound of dripping water every few seconds. Footsteps would come and go. He could hear sounds that he couldn't identify. What was worst of all was the horrid smell that assaulted his nose everytime he had the dream.
 
But, lately, it had seemed more than just a dream. Lately, when he had woken up, his clothes has been wet, he would be freezing and the smell was all over him.
 
Even on their job today, just when he was about to take the prize he had been looking for, he could smell it all of a sudden and the temperature was dropping. It creeped him out that this was happening, first in his dreams and now when he was awake.
 
Though, Koji mentioned one thing that concerned him greatly whenever it happened. That his mark of Suzaku would glow whenever he would start to smell and feel the changes around him. Genrou, one of the best bandits around, was worried about what was happening to him. Had the priestess of Suzaku come? But, if that was true, why was he having these dreams?
 
It didn't make sense, so Genrou decided that tonight, he would focus on the dream to figure out what was going on. He was a little nervous, but soon enough, he was on his bed, and falling asleep. He didn't know what to do in order to keep focus during a dream, but he wasn't going to let this one go until he figured it out.
 
Koji, being the friend that he was, stepped in to check on Genrou. His behavior was strange lately, he was saying that he could smell things, feel things and hear things that weren't really happening. As his friend, he had to find out what was happening to him. And, as he stepped into Genrou's room, his eyes widened at what he was seeing.
 
Genrou's mark of Suzaku was glowing and before Koji could even blink, his friend had disappeared in a red light, leaving only a light imprint of his form on his bed.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“What have we here, boys?”
 
Genrou became aware of himself the moment he heard another voice next to him. He opened his eyes and he looked up at the gang of men that were surrounding him as he watched them. He growled softly, he didn't like the fact that he was cornered. But, this was a dream, he couldn't get hurt in his dream, right?
 
When a fist connected with his face, Genrou definitely knew one thing: This was real.
 
Before he knew it, he had began fighting for his life for no reason. These men had jumped him and he didn't know who they were, but what he did know was that they stank, were dirty fighters and ugly as fuck.
 
He wasn't standing much of a chance in the fight, he could barely get a few hits in. It made it worse that they had taken his fan from him. If only he could get his hands on it, then this wouldn't be a problem. But, so long as these idiots were surrounding him, beating him at every move he made, he couldn't even make a move to even get close to his fan.
 
It was soon that he realized where he even was. The smells, the feelings and the sounds, he was in the place in his dreams, only this time, it was real, he was awake and if he didn't do something, he would die in a world that he had only dreamt about!
 
“Oi!”
 
Genrou could hear footsteps, there was someone new here. And right after the yell, the footsteps quickened their pace. This person was a runner of sorts from the amount of speed he could hear from the footsteps. Then, quickly, three of the people that were beating him, were shoved when the body of the person connected with them, rather hard. Those three were gone and soon, more of them began leaving him alone to face this new person. Soon, he was alone.
 
He managed open his sore and bruised eyes to look at the person who had arrived. They were wearing thick clothing, something was covering their head so he couldn't see their face. But, what he did know, was that this person was a fighter.
 
Another of his assailants was punched to the ground by this person, hitting the ground hard. Blood was running from his mouth and nose. He chuckled lightly, it had to be a guy, and this guy could pack a deadly punch.
 
This guy was really skilled, had to have been trained. He was taking out these thugs effortlessly with minimal hits to his own body. Soon, he had knocked down enough of them, that the rest had fled, except one.
 
The guy didn't notice the one that had remained and made his way over to Genrou. He kneeled down to check the damage and from what Genrou could feel, it felt that he had fallen off a mountain and landed on spikes. He still couldn't see the guy's face, all he could see was his lips and they spoke to him.
 
“Can you stand? Here,” Genrou could feel the guy put something his in hand. From the familiar feel of the iron on his hand, it was his fan. He also noticed, that the guy's hand was small, and soft. The guy was then trying to get under him in order to get him to stand.
 
'That's right...he asked me if I could stand. I...think I can'
 
He was almost standing when he heard that sound. It was a sound that he had never heard before, but it wouldn't be a sound that he would soon forget. As soon as he heard it, the person that had been helping him stand, gave a cry of pain and when Genrou looked, all he could see was blood. He looked at the ground and saw something small covered in the guy's blood.
 
He winced at his own pain and helped the guy to his knees as he clutched at his wound. He looked back at where the sound came from. One of those men were still there, it was the one that spoke before the beatings came. He held something out in front of him that was smoking at the tip. All he knew, was that, that item had injured this person who helped him.
 
He growled, “You'll pay for that, you bastard!”
 
The man only chuckled, “Like you could do anything.”
 
That only made Genrou growl even louder. He lifted his fan, “Oh yeah!”
 
“Rekka Shin'en!” the flames burst from his fan and assaulted the man who held the weapon.
 
The man screamed in pain as the flames ate away at his skin. He dropped the weapon and ran out still screaming and trying to put the fire out.
 
Genrou then winced again, dropping to his knees himself, completely spent from his attack. He looked back at the guy who had helped him, he wasn't doing too well. Blood was surrounding his form. The guy turned his head to Genrou, and he saw his eyes. They were like emeralds, a bright green shone from them. Genrou had to make a face though, since when did boys have such long eyelashes like that? And since when did those eyes look so feminine?
 
Genrou then looked at the wound this guy had and then another thought hit him, 'And since when did boy's have such big...this isn't a guy?!!! It's a girl!!!'
 
Genrou couldn't take it anymore. He was beaten, he was tired and he was convinced this was a dream. So, he passed out right then and there, and let the darkness claim him and take him back to his world where he belonged.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Genrou awoke and he felt strangely better. He felt warm, comfortable, like he was floating on a cloud. Oh damn...he was dead! He jerked up in the bed he was in and his panic soon flowed away as he looked around where he was.
 
He was not home.
 
He winced a bit and then looked down at himself. He was shirtless. He blinked for a moment and then lifted the sheets before setting them back down with a sigh of relief. He still had pants on. He looked at himself though, bandages covered his body. He then looked next to him, his shirt was clean and folded on this desk in front of him. He also noticed some small shining stones on the desk. He picked those up and stuffed them away in his pants pockets. He then looked around again, his mind starting to piece together what the hell was going on.
 
He had been attacked. Someone had saved him. A guy...who wasn't a guy. It was a girl. She had gotten hurt and was dying. He had killed the man who hurt her. Then he passed out.
 
'Wait...she was dying?!!! And I just passed out!'
 
He then bolted up, instantly regreting it with the pain that he felt in his body from the beatings he had received. He grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head, frantically thinking about where the girl could be, if she was even alive.
 
Once he got his shirt on, the door opened.
 
It was a beautiful woman who entered. She didn't acknowledge him when she came in. She was wearing odd clothing, but it showed her features well. She wore a yellow short skirt, barely touching her knees. She had a white long sleeved shirt that reached her wrists and a yellow and brown checkered vest that went over the shirt. There was an odd item hanging from her neck, it was black and hung low almost to the edge of the shirt. She tugged on it and took it off.
 
Her hair was what captured his attention. It was so different. It was short, spiky in the back. But, the front of her hair came down at an angle on her face, almost covering her eye. And the hair that covered her eye was a whitish-yellow while the rest of her hair was black with light streaks of purple. Her skin was pale, not unhealthily so, but just pale, like it hadn't seen sunlight in a while.
 
She then noticed him, and then he saw those eyes again. Emeralds. She had a relieved look on her face. And he felt himself take on that look as well, it was the girl from last night. She looked alive to him. But then...what happened to...?
 
He then saw it, the clothes she wore last night. They were on the floor and the blood was certainly there.
 
“You're finally awake, huh? Took you long enough,” she laughed lightly, teasing him even.
 
He regarded her seriously though, “Let me see your wound.”
 
The woman blinked, “My wound...?” she then sighed, “It's just a flesh wound. I've had worse than that before,” she lifted up her shirt to show bandages surrounding her lower torso.
 
“Before...?”
 
“Let's just say that those thugs that you met yesterday, are just the tip of the iceberg that I go through everyday,” she tossed off her shoes and rubbed her feet a bit. Genrou could only guess that they weren't comfortable.
 
“Where am I?”
 
“My apartment...” she stretched a bit, wincing at the wound she had, “I know it's small, but a student income can only afford so much. Anyway, mind telling me the name of the guy whose butt I saved last night?”
 
Genrou looked at her still not quite trusting her. No one could blame him though, his whole life he was surrounded by women. His five older sisters, his aggressive Mother and his Father was so timid he barely had a manly example to go by. He turned his head to the side, “Genrou...but some also call me Tasuki.”
 
“Which do you prefer?”
 
He only shrugged, “Doesn't matter, does it?”
 
She only sighed, “Fine, I'll call you Genrou. My name is Senna though everyone calls me Sen. Oh, and Genrou, you should bathe more often, you smell a whole lot better,” she pinched her nose waving her hand in front of her face making fun of him.
 
Genrou snapped back, “Oi! I don't stink that ba- wait a minute...” he then looked down at himself, he had been covered in mud, dirt and blood earlier. He ran his hand through his hair and it felt...soft. He couldn't help the blush as he looked at the woman in front of him, “You didn't...”
 
She put her hands on her hips, “Well I had to do something to clean those wounds. And I had to remain conscious to do it, so I had to give you a bath so I didn't pass out from the smell. Jeez, I may dress and act like a boy, but do you all stink that badly?”
 
Genrou couldn't take it anymore, and he bolted up and went over to her and get in her face. He was angry, “I do not stink! In fact, I stink now because of all this girly stuff you put on me!”
 
Sen wasn't backing down, “Oh, so I assume that you wanted me to just leave all that mud, blood, sweat, spit and lord knows what else on you and bandage you? I could have easily left you there, you know! Then, I would have had my bed to sleep in, but no, forgive me your highness, but I just thought you might want to live, and have a nice, soft, clean bed to sleep in!”
 
That stopped Genrou, he didn't like the thought of losing to her, but he had to. She made her valid points and it made him shut up. 'I just don't like the fact that she BATHED me?!'
 
She sighed then and pushed him back to the bed, “Now, sit down and take a load off,” for a girl her size, she was quite strong.
 
“How did you fight them?”
 
She blinked again, those emeralds that she had for eyes just looking at him. Sen then held up her fists, “With my fists?”
 
He shook his head, she had misunderstood him, “No, I meant how could a girl that looks like you take down all of those men who had taken me down?!”
 
She blinked again, and looked like she was debating on whether she should be blushing because of the compliment, or be pissed off.
 
A punch in the nose got him his answer.
 
Genrou grabbed onto his nose with a few tears at the edge of his eye sockets. “What the hell was that for?!”
 
She only crossed her arms, “Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I'm weak. And it's called years of training and experience. I used my weight to my advantage and used their own weight against them. It's called being smart in a fight, something you know nothing about.”
 
Genrou still nursed his nose for a moment before looking at her. He had to admit, she looked cute when she was pissed off. He then scoffed turning his head to the side and then he looked at her again. It was rare to find such a spark in someone like her. He heard her sigh and get up, “Now, unless you want to be missing some of your most precious organs, I would highly suggest turning around right now.”
 
When he didn't turn, he watched as she went over to the wall where his fan was. She picked it up and waved it a bit, “What was the word you used to make this summon fire?”
 
He only laughed at her, “You can't use that! A weak little girl like you wouldn't even be able to make a simple spark on it!”
 
“Rekka Shin'en!”
 
And the sound of a smoke detector went off.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*