Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Aim ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Taking a small break from my other Fushigi Yuugi fanfiction to put out this story! I am a huge fan of Fushigi Yuugi no matter how it is told! I find it admirable Watase is not ignoring her world's earlier stories, and I personally find the times of Japan when Okuda Takiko and Ohsugi Susuno lived to be very fascinating. I for some reason adore pre World War 2 Japan.
I hope I find the other Genbu warriors to be as engaging as the warriors I already know.
 
Disclaimer: Penpaninu does not claim to own Fushigi Yuugi in any way shape or form, but does claim to see the Mysterious Play in life.
 
 
“Taking Aim”
A Chamka one-shot by penpaninu
 
 
She is a foolish girl, around my age but she acts far younger. Genbu no Miko, the child woman with the bright eyes who will open the Universe of the Four Gods and summon Genbu to save our land for all time. Okuda Takiko, the girl from another world who will involuntarily save us all. If she can ever learn to take care of herself.
 
“Wah, Eminence! Your Eminence!” a shy voice calls out behind us and Takiko turns from her position riding before me to smile brightly to the round boy.
 
“What is it, Hatsui-kun?” she asks with a ready cheerfulness I only envy. She has merely come to our land in the middle of war and trouble, without experiencing any of her own in her world. She is still so young and open to everyone. For Hatsui, this is a good thing, for the kid can use a kind word.
 
Hatsui clasps his chubby hands together and bows at the waist respectfully. “Your Eminence, I found ginger root! We can mix it in our tea and it will keep colds away for a time…”
I involuntarily let my mouth quirk upward in a small smile as Takiko's eyes brighten. Hatsui blushes and bows further, his round face reddened. Whether by embarrassment or a blush, I'll never know. My fellow celestial brother is still far too shy to open himself to us, but he follows the priestess like a loyal puppy.
 
I smirk at my mental description as Hatsui smiles, wriggling like a stroked pet as he hands Takiko-san the roots and she exclaims happily over the prize. Aren't I myself a dog, loyal to her Eminence? She is a very silly and young girl, but I find her cheerfulness needed and her heart boundless.
 
She even welcomes our wayward Star Uruki with willing arms. If Limdo would ever forget his life's destructive choice and follow us, I'm sure we would find the other Celestial Warriors in no time. No, he has to run off with his foster brother and cause trouble, and bring assassins down upon us!
 
I find myself reluctant to find Destiny revealing her plans a very happy occasion, yet we can't ignore the call for too long. Takiko-san is only too sure Limdo the Merciless Wind Slasher will turn his back on his hurtful past and come to us as Uruki. I find it troubling the way her eyes glaze over when she thinks of him. The first warrior she found was him, yet I know she cares for him not in a way a priestess should care for her warrior.
 
Poor Hatsui and I can only walk in the wake of her careful grief when Limdo leaves us yet again, and I find my heart clenching, wishing my priestess would know a happy moment. I know when she sleeps, she is so quiet and so dear I find myself drawn to her in a way that is far befitting a warrior to his priestess.
 
Limdo can only ignore his call to Destiny so long. As I can only ignore the calls of my heart too much longer.
 
Takiko moves against my front, craning her head to catch my eye as I hold the horses' reins around her sides. My strong thighs hold her in place as we ride and I blush as she wriggles to turn to talk to me.
 
“Tomite! Tomite, should we stop and camp for the night?” Takiko asks me, her eyes wide and questioning. I smile and cuff her shoulder gently with the ends of the reins.
“Course, Taki! I know you can't handle the pace..”
 
Takiko's exclamations ring out to the heavens and Hatsui looks up, worried. The smile on his priestess' face puts him at ease and my young celestial brother keeps pace with the walking horse easily as we search for the right spot to stop for the night.
 
I swing down from the horse and hold my hands up for Takiko. She slides down in my hands as light as a feather. My hands could almost span her waist. Takiko smiles and moves away to comfort Hatsui. The boy is in dire need of self-confidence so I secure the horse.
 
“Tomite! We need help with the fire,” my priestess calls. I pretend to groan, and I walk over straightening my warm hat.
 
“I've told you this before, Takiko! You make a fire this way…” the laughs of Genbu no Miko fill me with warmth as the fire lights up.
 
End
I'm just so glad Watase-san is doing her prequels. Unlike Star Wars, it will give prequel a good name :P You can tell I just bought the second Genbu Kaiden manga. It has inspired me to a small degree, to play around and ignore my book and other fanfictions and put out a one-shot :P
 
Most sincerely yours penpaninu 11/26/05