Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Little... Umm... ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Last time, in "The Little… Umm…"

*****

Hotohori sweeps off, managing to convey the effect of long robes, even though he's still only wearing a Speedo.

Fangirls: Awwww.

Asteria: Okay. All hope I had of getting this finished quickly is now officially lost. So we're just going to skim through the next day or so and go right to "Kourin" and Hotohori's Big Day Out.

*****

And now, the continuation. (see first part for disclaimer)

*****

*****

re-enter Hotohori, now dressed in his casual clothes.

Fangirls: *sigh* *swoon*

Asteria: Nuriko-chan! You're in this scene! Why are you standing with the fangirls?

"Kourin": *nervous giggle*

Hotohori: (worried) Is he alright?

Asteria: He should be. I think the problem was the fact that you were practically naked. If he gets out of hand again, hit him with something. That seemed to work last time.

Hotohori: (to himself) His hands are what we are worried about.

Asteria: What was that?

Hotohori: Nothing. Let's just get this scene over with. We need our beauty sleep.

"Kourin": Oh, Hotohori-sama, you're already beautiful!

Hotohori: *sparkly*

Fangirls: *sigh*

Asteria bangs her head on the wall.

Asteria: Let's get moving, people. We're a week behind schedule already!

Nakago: And whose fault is that, Asteria-san? *evil glare* You haven't written anything since Tuesday.

Asteria: I do have a life outside of fanfiction, you know. I had two tests and two quizzes last week, plus my dad came to visit and took me out to lunch, _and_ I watched seven hours of "Rurouni Kenshin" last night.

Chiriko: You're not going to abandon us, are you Asteria-san?

Asteria: Of course not! Everybody, meet our new Prop Guy!

Asteria pulls Kenshin out by one arm.

Kenshin: Oro…

Chichiri: No da!

Kenshin: Oro?

Chichiri: Da! Na no da!

Kenshin: Oro! Oro oro oro, oro oro oro oro.

Yui: What language is that?

Chiriko: Nonsensical Catchphrase. Very few people understand it, even fewer actually speak it.

Yui: So what are they saying?

Chiriko: Just because I recognize it doesn't mean I understand it.

Minna: *sweatdrop*

Miaka and Tamahome return to the set. They are a mess- clothes askew, hair standing up every which way, and Tamahome has lipstick all over his face. They are both grinning madly.

Tamahome: What'd we miss?

Mitsukake briefly summarizes the preceding few pages.

Asteria: Okay, I've come to a creative decision. ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?

Minna: ………

Asteria: Good. Now, as I was saying, we're going to skip "Kourin" and Hotohori's Big Day Out and go straight to the musical number.

Minna: *stunned silence*

Tasuki: WHAT THE {expletive}?!?! Since when is there a musical number?

Asteria: Since always.

Minna: *grumble grumble grumble*

Asteria: *sigh* This is why I didn't tell you about it before. You all would have revolted and then there would have been no fic.

Chichiri: Would that have been so bad, no da?

Asteria: Come on, guys. This is my first Fushigi Yuugi fic. Can't you _please_ co-operate?

Minna: No.

Asteria: *tears* You know, I could be writing the one with the catgirls, or the blatant self-insertion, but no, I decided to write this parody because a song popped into my head and I thought it would be funny! And now my cast is being so cruel to me! *sob* I only want to bring people laughter and look how you treat me! You're mean! I hate you all! *cries*

Minna: *sweatdrop*

"Kourin": *hugs Asteria* It's okay, Asteria-chan. We still love you.

Nakago: We do?

"Kourin": (glares at Nakago) Yes, we do. (back to Asteria) But, Asteria-chan, You can't just spring a musical number on people at the last minute and expect it to go over well. Now, we'll do the musical number-

Minna: We will?

"Kourin": Yes, we will. But you really should warn people before you pull something like that. Okay?

Asteria: Okay. *deep breath* Arigato, Nuriko-chan. I knew there was a reason you were a Favorite. Okay, I'm better now. Alright. (pulls out megaphone) Everybody! Places for the musical number! Hotohori and Nuriko in the boat! Miaka and backup singers ready! Somebody find Amiboshi! Get the Nyan-Nyans to their places! Everyone else off the set! Let's roll, people!

three minutes later

Asteria: Okay, is everybody ready?

Minna: No.

Asteria: … Shit, you're right!

Minna: Huh?

Asteria; Where's Amiboshi?

Yui: I know how we can find him. Suboshi!

Suboshi: Hai, Yui-sama?

Yui pulls out a pen and begins writing on Suboshi's arm.

Yui: (writing) Amiboshi, where the hell are you?

(reading) Huh? What's this? Where's this writing coming from?

Suboshi: Oh, great. He's turned into Kaika.

Asteria: Wonderful. Chichiri-chan, please go get Amiboshi and bring him back here.

Chichiri: Why me, no da?

Asteria: Because you can teleport. *puppy eyes* Please?

Chichiri: *sigh*

Chichiri vanishes into his kesa.

five minutes later

Chichiri and Amiboshi/Kaika emerge from the kesa. Amiboshi is very confused.

Amiboshi/Kaika: What's going on? What is this place? (sees Suboshi) ARRGH! I have an evil twin!

Asteria: *snicker* Yeah! Amiboshi, meet Evil Amiboshi!

Suboshi: HEY!

Amiboshi/Kaika: Konnichiwa, Evil Amiboshi-san. It's nice to meet you. Please don't kill me and take over my life.

Minna: *blink blink*

Kenshin: I think Amiboshi watches too many horror movies, that I do.

Nyan-Nyans: Fix! Fix!

Amiboshi/Kaika is swarmed by Nyan-Nyans.

*POF* (for those of you who don't read sound effects, that was an explosion of bubbles)

Nyan-Nyans: VICTORY! ^_^ \\//

Amiboshi: Is it time for the song, Asteria-san?

Asteria: Yes. Let's just get this over with.

Amiboshi begins to play "Kiss The Girl" on his flute.

Miaka: (singing)

*There you see her

Sitting there across the way

She don't got a lot to say,

But there's something about her.

And you don't know why,

But you're dying to try

You wanna,

Kiss the girl*

Hotohori and "Kourin", sitting in a rowboat, look at each other shyly. Actually, Hotohori looks nervous and "Kourin" looks predatory.

*Yes, you want her

Look at her you know you do

Possible she wants you too,

there is one way to ask her.

It don't take a word,

Not a single word, go on and

Kiss the Girl

Miaka and Backup Singers (Yui and Suboshi):

*Sha la la la la la

My oh my

Look like the boy too shy

He ain't gonna kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la

Ain't that sad

Ain't it a shame, too bad

You're gonna miss the girl,*

Miaka:

*Now's your moment*

Nyan-Nyans:

*(nyan nyan)*

Miaka:

*Floating in a blue lagoon*

Nyan-Nyans:

*(nyan nyan nyan)*

Miaka:

*Boy you better do it soon

No time will be better*

Nyan-Nyans:

*(nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan)*

Miaka:

*She don't say a word

And she won't say a word until you, kiss the girl*

*Sha la la la la la

Don't be scared

You've got the mood prepared

Go on and kiss the girl*

*Sha la la la la la

Don't stop now

Don't try to hide it how, you wanna

Kiss the girl*

Yui and Suboshi:

*(woah-woah!)*

Miaka:

*Sha la la la la la

Float along, and listen to the song

The song say, kiss the girl*

*Sha la la la la

The music play

Do what the music says

You gotta, kiss the girl

You gotta...*

Hotohori and "Kourin" are about to kiss when the boat tips over and they both end up in the water.

"Kourin": Dammit, I was so close, too.

Asteria: CUT! That was PERFECT!

Minna: *applause*

Hotohori, "Kourin", Miaka and backup singers bow.

Asteria: Let's keep this energy going and move right to the next scene!

*****

*****

Well, the next part might take me a while because I have a corner to write myself out of. This one is definitely the longest section because of the song.