G. I. Joe Fan Fiction ❯ A Snake with a Temper ❯ Chapter 3: Temper's Anger ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: Tempers Anger

Temper walked out of the locker room to a seemingly empty sparring room. As she walked to the door she nearly jumped when she felt a hand clasp her elbow. She whipped her head around to see Snake Eyes.

"Y'know, you really shouldn't be sneaking up on people like that," she chided.

Spar with me? he signed. She thought about how she had already taken a shower. Like he read her mind, he then signed, just one round. She looked around the sparring room on more time.

"Just one," she said. They went through all the steps like they had hundreds of times before with many different people. They took their places, bowed, and struck their opponent while blocking hits that were aimed at them. The two fought, but it took almost an hour for the both of them to decide that it was taking too long. Sweat and water from Temper's hair dripped down her body.

Sorry, I didn't think it would take that long for one of us to beat each other, he signed.

"You mean you didn't think it would take that long to beat me," she corrected.

I was just doing this to assess your skills, he explained.

"While beating me to show that you were the one that was fully trained?" She remained stoic and watched his body language. His frustration with her grew.

That was not what this is about.

"If you say so," she taunted and walked away. She smiled to herself in accomplishment.
***
"Temper!" Cover Girl yelled. Temper turned around to see the model. "Hawk wants you," Cover Girl said simply and walked past her. Temper made her way in the opposite direction of where she was going. I guess I'll be getting dinner later then, she thought to herself.

When she came to the door she saw Snake Eyes standing with his arms crossed next to the door. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

I was called by Cover Girl, he replied.

"Okay, well why are you standing out here?"

Haven't been called in yet. Temper raised her eyebrow. Still looking at him she reached out for the knob of General Hawk's door. Snake Eyes reached for her hand to stop her, but he was too late. She pushed the door which hit the wall and grabbed Hawk's attention.

"Come in," Hawk said sarcastically. Temper smirked at Snake Eyes and looked at her general.
"Gladly. Thank you," she shot back and sat in a chair. Snake Eyes did not take the seat next to her, but instead stood. Hawk organized the papers on his desk and got two files out of his desk drawer. He handed each of them a file.

"In this file is your mission, time of your departure, time you have to complete your mission, and protocols for the worst-case scenario," Hawk informed them. Temper stared at him, wide eyed.

"You want me to work with him?" Temper questioned in surprise, pointing back to the silent ninja.

"Is there a problem?" Hawk asked her, giving her a warning glare. She gritted her teeth in anger.

"No," she spat.

"Good," Hawk smirked. "Snake Eyes will lead the mission." She put a death grip on the arms of her chair, turning her knuckles white. Temper got up out of her chair in defiance.

"Why is he in charge?!" she cried indignantly.

"To make sure you don't do anything stupid," Hawk replied seriously. Temper opened her mouth to say something else, but thought better of it. Hawk looked into her icy blue eyes, "You are dismissed." The two walked out of General Hawk's office went to the mess hall.

"Forgot dinner again?" Roadblock questioned with a smile on his face. The smile quickly disappeared when he saw Temper and got Snake Eyes' vibe. Roadblock gave Temper her usual sandwich and looked to Snake Eyes who held up his hand and shook his hand. Snake Eyes pulled her by her elbow to a table in the back of the mess hall.

"Hey!" She scowled at him from across the table.

What's your problem? Snake Eyes signed.

"What ever problem you think I have, it is clearly not your business," she pointed out.

It is when you start to take it out on me.

"I don't even know you, why should I tell you?"

Why should you take your anger out on me? Temper clenched her jaw.

"I shouldn't," she admitted.

Are you still not going to tell me what I or somebody else did to make you that angry?

"Nope," she popped her 'p' in confirmation. Snake Eyes looked at her sandwich.

Peanut butter and jelly?

"Smooth peanut butter and a mix of grape and strawberry jelly with banana slices," she corrected. "Aren't you hungry?"

I'll get something to eat and take it to my room. Temper nodded her head and got up.

"One moment please." She walked over to the kitchen and motioned for Roadblock to lean towards her. He complied and she whispered something. Roadblock smiled and nodded to her. Temper walked back and sat down in front of Snake Eyes.

What was that about? Temper smirked.

"You needn't worry," she assured him and took a big bite of her sandwich. He looked at her, confused, but she could not see it. When she finished her dinner she took the water bottle off of her tray and stood up. She put the tray on top of the trash can and turned to Snake Eyes.

"I'm probably only going to say this once," she started, "I'm sorry for lashing out on you."

Apology accepted. Temper threw her head back laughed.

"Just enjoy your dinner!" At that she walked out of the room with a smile on her face. Snake Eyes strode up to the kitchen.

Is she always bipolar? he asked his comrade.

Roadblock replied with a chuckle, "I've only talked to her a couple of times, but yeah, she is a little bipolar."

Roadblock finished what he was making in front of him, put it on a tray, and handed it to Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes grabbed the tray, nodded his thanks, and left without looking at what Roadblock had given him.

When Snake Eyes entered his room and looked at his food he saw a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Upon further inspection he found that it was a mix of strawberry and grape jam with banana slices. Chuckling to himself he ate it, reminding himself to tell Temper what he thought of it.
***
Temper walked to the plane and got on after getting a lecture from Hawk about how important it is to follow the leader. She sat across from Snake Eyes in the small plane and sighed; she looked to the ceiling of the plane and closed her eyes. Wild Bill hopped on and made his way to the cockpit.

"Alrighty let's get this show on the road!" he shouted back to them. "It's gonna take a while it get there so I suggest you get comfortable," Wild Bill advised then shut the door, cutting them off from the cockpit.

Your peanut butter and jelly sandwich was actually pretty good, Snake Eyes informed her. She grinned at him.

"Pretty good? Please, you loved it," she joked. Snake Eyes chuckled silently.

Hawk said these, he pointed to two black camping packs, were for the mission.

"Right, I almost forgot we had to go hiking up the mountain."

Be glad there's food. We'll be out there for at least four hours.

"Nothing as good as Roadblock's food though," she pointed out.

Your remember your mission? She nodded.

"Let you take out the guards, get the information off of the computers, and get out. Your mission?"

Protect you while you get the information.

"So what's the plan?"

As far as we could see there is only one entrance. The front. We'll be dropped off a few miles up from the base of the mountain to stay out of sight. We'll climb to the entrance, I'll go in first and take out the guards. We make our way to the middle of the base where they have their files backed up. You get the files from there and we radio Wild Bill to circle around and pick us up. Maintain radio silence unless we don't get out in thirty minutes or Wild Bill gets caught up in the storm.

"Storm?"

They expect a blizzard to be coming about the same time we get there, but we should be getting out before it hits.

"Great..." she said sarcastically.

There's nothing to worry about.

"I'm pretty sure after most people say that, something bad happens."

Do you always think the worst? She seemed to think about that for a while.

"Sometimes," she answered.

Temper let out a big yawn and rubbed her eyes.

Tired?

"Well considering I didn't get to bed till around eleven and woke up around five-thirty, yes I'm due for an extra hour and a half of sleep." She leaned to the side and put both arms under her head as a makeshift pillow. "Goodnight," she yawned.

Night.
***
Temper's eyes shot open and she pushed herself into a sitting position. She rubbed her eyes of sleep. "Are we almost there?" she asked Snake Eyes who was sitting Indian style on the ground.

Almost, we still have an hour. Nightmare?

"Nightmare?" She became confused.

Were you having a nightmare?

"How could you tell?"

Experience, he stated.

"From watching people have nightmares?" Temper joked.

From having them myself.

"What about?"

War. What do you have nightmares about?

"War, death, rejection, anger many things. I-"

*Coming to the drop zone sooner than expected I'd start gettin' ready if I were you* Wild Bill's voice came over the intercom.

"That was a lot less than an hour," Temper grumbled.