G. I. Joe Fan Fiction ❯ A Snake with a Temper ❯ Chapter 13 Continued ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Jinx bowed to the Blind Master and Soft Master. "Jinx, will you please go get Temper and Snake Eyes?" the Soft Master asked.

"Of course Master," she replied and left.

Jinx decided to go to Temper's room first and let her get Snake Eyes. She knocked on the door and waited, when no one answered she slowly turned the knob and peaked in to see no one in the room. Looking behind her to her master's door she glanced both ways down the hall and knocked on his door. No one answered and she quietly opened the door to see Temper half laying on top of Snake Eyes' body, her head on his chest, hiding his face from view. Jinx slapped her hand over her mouth. Temper's eyes twitched from the added light in the room and slowly opened them. Jinx was too stunned to move. A thin sheet covered both occupants of the bed. Oh my god, they're naked, Jinx thought. Temper recognized someone at the door and sat straight up in shock. As air from the movement touched her bare shoulders she automatically held up the sheet to cover her upper torso and remembered that she still had her bandeau on. Snake Eyes, feeling the sudden movement, woke up immediately and reached for his katanas leaning against the wall next to the bed. Jinx, noticing her master was awake, looked to Temper in panic.

"The Soft Master wants to see the both of you," she said quickly and shut the door. Temper kept staring at the door as Snake Eyes sat up. Sighing she laid back down, next to Snake Eyes, who watched her every movement.

"You don't think Jinx will tell anyone will you? I mean, to her, it looks like we slept together."

Snake Eyes let go of the katanas and positioned himself to hover over her smaller form. She watched, not doing a thing to stop him, she was not even sure she wanted to stop him. Putting all his weight on one hand he signed to her, What would you think if we had slept together?

Her heart raced at the question and blood rushed through her body. "I certainly wouldn't have minded," she admitted, watching as a smirk played on his lips. Snake Eyes leaned down and kissed her. As quickly as it happened, it ended.

We should get ready, he signed, got up, and got ready. After pulling on his mask he glanced back at her and smiled. You know they're going to be looking for you when I show up and you don't?

"Oh please, they know me. I've got, like, three hours before they even get worried," she joked, "besides, you don't really have to go do you?"

Yes, I do. You do too, get dressed, he commanded and left.

"Ugh." Temper got up and went to her room to get ready.

Temper arrived in the Masters' training and meditating room. Snake Eyes, Jinx, the Soft Master, and the Blind Master all looked over to her as she entered. The Soft Master nodded to the three next to him and strided over to her.

"Come with me," he said, gently putting a hand on her shoulder.

A sign of comfort, she thought, what's going on? Temper looked to Snake Eyes, who turned his gaze away when she looked to him, for some sort of clue as to what was going on. She followed the Soft Master into an empty room and sat down in front of him, Indian style.

"I wish to inform you that Pakistan's president has been assassinated," he told her.

"I don't understand how this has to do with everybody's melancholy."

"It is rumored that Snake Eyes was seen-" he started.

"He's been here the entire time," she interrupted.

"Which is why, with the injuries of Pakistan's president, we think it was Storm Shadow," he informed her.

"That's not possible," she retorted, shaking her head and looked to the ground.

"The cause of death was an arrow, shot from a remarkable distance, it could only be Storm Shadow."

"Snake Eyes he" she could not finish her statement. The Soft Master watched her, pity was evident.

"Supposedly killed him," he finished for her. Temper glanced up at him and nodded slowly. "If Tommy is no longer dead, then he must continue his mission, but I am afraid it is too late. The masters of the clan are taking this opportunity to hold a trial. Snake Eyes and Jinx are going to apprehend him."

"What about me?" she questioned.

"A comrade of yours, Duke, has requested your presence," the Soft Master informed her.

"You mean Snake Eyes insisted to Duke that I was needed elsewhere," she corrected.

"Please, just go and help the Joes on their end. Jinx and Snake Eyes will help on this end by capturing Tommy and seeing what he knows about Cobras plans."

"Fine," she complied. Snake Eyes came into the room, bowing to his master. The Soft Master stood, returned the gesture, and left.

You have half an hour to pack, you'll only be gone for three days. The pilot will take you to an undisclosed location where the Joes are going after a mission. You'll be picked up and transferred to the Pit. They're carrying nuclear warheads, you'll be on the plane with them, along with Duke, Flint, Lady Jaye, Roadblock, and a few others.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked.

I don't want to see you get hurt.

"I can handle myself."

I know you can, but please, just do as I ask and go with the Joes.

"I will," she promised. "Will I see you before I leave?"

It's not likely.

"Then I'll see you in three to four days," she said, giving a forced smile.

I want you to contact me when you touch ground, alright?

"Yeah, okay." She got up and straightened her body.

Please be safe, don't do anything stupid. The smile reached her eyes as he signed.

"Oh, I don't know about that," she said playfully, posture slouching as she came up to him, reached forward and made a grab for his mask. Before she could do anything else, Jinx came running into the room.

"She hasn't left yet, has she?!" Jinx asked, then saw the two in the room. "Oh... I did it again didn't I?" She quickly retraced her steps and exited the room. Temper chuckled and shifted away from Snake Eyes.

"I have to pack and speak to Jinx," she told him and left. Jinx leaned against the wall outside.

"I heard you're leaving?" Jinx questioned, following Temper through the halls.

"Yes, I will be going with the Joes for a few days," Temper explained. Jinx stayed quiet, biting her lip.

"So" Jinx started, "about this morning" Temper stopped abruptly and turned to Jinx.

"Whatever you saw isn't what happened," Temper assured.

"You two didn't sleep together?" Jinx questioned.

"We didn't sleep together," she confirmed, "at least not sexually." Temper started walking again with Jinx coming up beside her.

"Do you need any help packing?" Jinx asked.

"No, but the company would be nice," she replied, opening the door and getting to work. "How's Kamakura, I heard he had to leave suddenly?"

"He got a call, something about a group of terrorist on the move, I didn't ask much about it. You're already packed?" Jinx looked at Temper, bag slung over her shoulder and ready to go.

"Yep," she answered. The two females sauntered outside of the temple walls and waited.

"Is Snake Eyes coming?" Jinx asked, looking back to the temple.

"No," Temper answered. The air started to move around them rapidly as a Joe aircraft dropped down. "I'll see you soon Jinx." Temper embraced the other woman and hopped on the plane.

"Nice to see you again," Ace greeted.

"Ace," she acknowledged and sat down in one of the many seats before her. Temper leaned back and exhaled through her mouth as the she felt the plane lift.