Gasaraki Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Project Mile Two ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Project Mile Two


Chapter 7


****************************


Yushiro moved slowly around the large garden, enjoying the fresh air when his mother called out to him that visitors were coming.

"Who is it?"

"Your cousin Nodoka and her son, Ranma," she replied.

"Who is Ranma?"

"I think it would be proper to introduce him as your cousin. He is about your age, I think that you would have a few things in common with him. Ask your brother Kiyoharu for more details." Yukino replied coldly.

"Oh," was Yushiro's reply.

"Yushiro!" Came a reply

"Nodoka? Is that you?"

"Yes, Yushiro it is. I hear you've had some excitement recently. Care to tell me about it?"

"But of course, Nodoka. Would you care for some tea?"

Nodoka and Yushiro went off to discuss the recent events, leaving Yukino Gowa to her own devices.

Ranma had been intercepted by Kiyotsugu and Misuzu. His cousins were giving him a tour of the grounds.


****************************


Meanwhile at Furinken, Ryoga was being lead by the hand to field for his duel with Kuno.

"Sorry about this, Akane. I just want to get Kuno off our backs for good."

"I know how you feel, Ryoga. I have this nagging feeling that Kuno won't give up just yet, though."

The pair made their way to the field to see Kuno surrounded by a crowd of witnesses.

"So the wanderer finally arrives. Are you ready Hibiki?"

"I am, Kuno. What are the terms of this duel?"

"I win and you will free Akane. I have not fought long and hard just to lose her to someone else after seeing off Saotome."

"Er, Kuno? Ranma's a Gowa now, remember?" Nabiki helpfully reminded her classmate.

"I saw off Saotome. I have no quarrel with the Gowa clan, Nabiki Tendo." Kuno managed to sound even more pompous and self-important.

"And if I win," Ryoga spoke in a loud voice, "you will leave Akane and me alone. Win by either knock our or submission. That should free up your time to chase after the pig-tailed girl." Ryoga finished with a smirk.

"Agreed. The terms are set and approved."

Nabiki moved into the centre of the circle. "Are you ready?" she asked both fighters.

"I am, Nabiki Tendo," was Kuno's reply.

"Yeah, ready willing and able."

"Begin!"


****************************


Back at the Amazon village, Cologne was updating the rest of the council on the Ranma situation.

"{We really should have realised that something was up when this Ranma first arrived with the Jusenkyo guide}" Jiyang, one of the younger elders commented. "{But hindsight is 20/20. You say that he was exceptionally skilled?}"

"{Yes, he soaks up techniques like a sponge, it's remarkable. Unfortunately, his upbringing has left him rude, egotistical, and arrogant. I could go on. I doubt he would have lived in peace here. Plus there's the Neko-ken.}"

"{Neko-ken?}"

"{But Shampoo's Jusenkyo curse...}"

"{Yes. I only found out about that after I used the full body cat's tongue point on the boy. It was a foolish attempt on my part to control him, I can see that now. I'm surprised that he's still alive after all his father put him through.}"

"{What can you tell us? Aside from the Neko-ken.}"

"{Well, he's been sold off for food numerous times. Despite his father's influence, he has a strong sense of honour, one of the strongest I've seen. Has people screaming death threats at him for slights both real and imagined, like the Hibiki boy. I'll tell you all a bit about him. He's strong, very strong but his fighting technique is slow and a bit sloppy compared to Ranma's. He has the worst sense of direction I have ever seen. He followed Ranma to Jusenkyo because Ranma left after waiting for THREE days for Ryoga to arrive. He got knocking into the spring of drowned piglet, and I believe that he uses his curse to sleep in the bed of Ranma's fiancée.}"

"{Not exactly the most honourable of people is he? What about the father?}"

"{When it comes to honour, he's even worse. As I motioned earlier, he sold Ranma off many times, often engaging him for food or to pay off his bar tab. But I will say this for that fat fool, he was an effective teacher.}"

"{Why did you release Ranma from the Kiss of marriage and Kiss of death?}"

"{Do you remember that bundle I brought with me? What contains the beast that was preying on Amazons outside of the village. He attacked Shampoo, Ranma defended her honour and was seriously injured in the process. Part of it was in thanks for saving my great-granddaughter. The other part of it was because of the injuries he suffered. As you are all well aware, the purpose of the kiss of marriage is to bring strong fighters into the tribe. They had to remove a lung and a kidney from Ranma, so he isn't exactly the strongest of fighters any more.}"

"{So you thought that he would be a liability rather then an asset? I would have done the same in your position, Cologne. I am happy with your judgment, you probably taught this Ranma a few special techniques, but I doubt he'll be in the condition to pass them on to anybody. I think we're done here. Anybody have anything else to add?}" The chair of the hearing was anxious to leave, as she had other plans.

As nobody raised any more points, the meeting was adjourned.


****************************


The duel for the hand of Akane Tendo was a quick one from the perspective of Ryoga.

Sure Kuno was faster then him, but compared to Ranma, he was a weak, pathetic fool.

"Are you alright, Ryoga?" Akane was concerned for her fiancé.

"I'm fine, Akane. He was nothing compared to some of the challenges I've faced." Ryoga finished with a smirk.

"Well, I hope that Kuno will leave you two alone now." Nabiki walked up to her sister and future brother-in-law. "But for some reason I doubt that this will be the case. Ryoga, will you help me bring him to the nurse's office?"

"Why should I?" Ryoga asked indignantly.

"Yeah, Nabiki. Why should he?" Akane backed up her fiancé.

"Because it would show that you're a gracious winner, something that Kuno here would appreciate. It would also go some way to smooth things over with this idiot." Nabiki answered in an exasperated fashion. 'Are these two complete retards? Ranma and Ryoga I can understand, but Akane? She still thinks the world revolves around her.' Nabiki cut her less then flattering thoughts off there, just in case she blurted something out that she would regret later.


****************************


"So Ranma, what do you think of the house?" asked Misuzu.

"It's really nice," Ranma commented, awe evident in his voice.

Kiyotsugu smiled, "Ranma, how about something to eat? You've got to keep your strength up."

"Yeah, sure. Lead the way."


****************************

Nabiki was sitting in her class, thinking about Kuno's beating at the hands of Ryoga.

Ryoga had not dodged all of the strikes from Kuno's rapid attack, as he was too slow. But when he managed to connect with Kuno, the kendoist was sufficiently stunned to allow him to finish the duel with a charging right hook.

Kuno landed a good 10 metres away.

Kuno had finally returned to class, grumbling and rubbing his sore jaw line.

"So Kuno-chan, are you going to abide by your agreement with Ryoga?"

"I feel that I must, as he did not use any foul magic to avoid my attacks. I lost fairly. I trust that he will treat you sister well." Kuno was subdued.

The class was starting to panic. Kuno admitting defeat was considered a sign of the apocalypse. Along with Nabiki not treating everybody with contempt and Akane's cooking not putting people in the hospital.

'Wait a minute, Nabiki had started to treat Ranma better.' One of Nabiki's classmates was starting to panic.

But before she could shout out that the end of the world was nigh, the bell rang.

Thankfully, Akane did not have Home Ec that day, thus delaying the mass panic associated with the end of the world.


****************************


"Ranma, what do you think to the idea of becoming a test pilot for TA program?"

"I don't know about that, Kiyotsugu," Misuzu answered for her cousin. "I mean, he just got out of the hospital, and you know how much strain they put Yushiro through."

Ranma was quiet for a moment, "I'd like to make that choice for myself, Misuzu. All my life, people have been makin' my decisions for me. Now since I ain't got anything else to loose, I'd like to give it a go."

Kiyotsugu smiled, "Ranma would you like to give the simulator a go?"

"Sure, I ain't got anything better to do," Ranma stood up, his desire to try something new evident.


****************************


Nabiki walked to her next lesson, keeping a close eye on Kuno. A pair of students had pressed some banknotes into her hand, asking her to keep Kuno away from them "should he go nuts."

Kuno was about to complain of a dizzy spell, when he showed the other occupants of the hallway what he had for lunch.

"Eww!"

"Gross!"

"You're on your own, Kuno-chan."

Kuno could be heard, in-between retching his guts up, to curse that foul sorcerer, Hibiki.


****************************


Nodoka was a little unhappy about hearing some of the things Yushiro had gone through. In fact, she was tempted to deny her cousin's application to for Ranma to join the TA test program to pilot the "Battling Seizure Robots".

Yushiro was now free to spend his time whatever he wanted, and like Ranma, he was unsure of what to do with himself.

'Though it would be nice to spend some time with Miharu,' he thought to himself, smiling.

Nodoka noticed this change in Yushiro's posture, "so Yushiro, who's the lucky girl? Anybody I know?"

"No, she's a foreign TA pilot. I know what you think about proper relationships, but I like her and we've shared many similar experiences."

Nodoka scowled at first, the relaxed as it occurred to her that it must really bother Yukino that her son was in love with a gaijin. "I take it your mother does not approve?"

"Not really, but our family never really approved of Genma. How is he anyway? I noticed you came only with Ranma."

"I'm divorcing Genma, I'm really glad I did as father asked and kept Genma out of the loop on our family's status."

"Why?" Yushiro asked, sipping from his teacup.

"Because he engaged Ranma several times to feed his belly. Once to another boy."

"How the bloody hell did he manage to do that? Ranma looked male from the glance I got earlier."

"Ranma has a condition, he turns into a girl when he's splashed with cold water. Genma has a similar problem; he turns into a panda."

Yushiro was silent for a moment, he placed his teacup on the table. "No-chan, can I ask a favour?"

"What's that Yushiro?"

"Let me help you with your revenge. I have friends in the military, we can dispose of any remains for you."

Nodoka looked shocked for a moment before Yushiro added: "somehow, I doubt you'll leave enough for a corpse."

Nodoka broke out into a smile. Then she laughed.


****************************

To be continued.

Thanks go out to Chi Vayne as pre-reader.

Like it? Love it? Loathe it? Let me know in your usual fashion.



None of what I said might happen, happened so here's some omake to make up for it.


****************************

OMAKE

**** ************************


Yushiro and Nodoka were sitting and drinking tea, when Yushiro asked something that had been bothering him for some time.

"No-chan, how come today's the first time I ever heard about the existence of your son? It seems, well, strange."

"Yes, I know what you mean. I can't think why I never mentioned that before. A bad case of Deus Ex Machina, don't you think?"

"Yes, did something happen between you and my mother? She doesn't seem to like you much."

"It's probably because so looks so much older then I do, she's only five years older then me. That and people portray me as a loving mother sometimes, if one with some strange ideas of manliness. She gets written as someone who'd have to warm up to be an ice sculpture."

"Shocking, well I don't know why we're still here. It's not like we get paid for this fourth wall destruction."

"You're right, I think it's time we blow this fascist popsicle stand."

"Agreed. To the pub! Let's get ginned to the gills!"


****************************