Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Desperado ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

July 5, 2005
IX. DESPERADO/THE MAN WHO CAME BACK TO LIFE
 
A.
 
“I can't believe Sanzo could be that stupid! Grrr!!!” Goku tugs at his hair crossly.
 
“Yeah, yeah, super stupid, super baldy, super selfish!” the kappa adds, uncertainly.
 
“You said it!” growls the monkey.
 
“He smokes too much,” offers Hakkai, on whose face is the fakest smile he's ever worn.
 
“Yeah! He'll never beat us to the west! He can't walk well with those boots!” sneers Goku.
 
Hakkai shouts with forced laughter.
 
The monkey joins him. He elbows Gojyo. “Ne, Gojyo? What do you say?”
 
Gojyo mutters to himself. “…Super special, super sensational, super spectacular, super duper super-sexy Sanzo…” Gojyo moans.
 
Goku's eyes widen in disbelief, then pop in alarm as Gojyo suddenly jumps up in the moving vehicle.
 
“Waahhh!!! No, no, I can't take this, I can't bear it!!! Let me off! Let me go! Let me die!!!” the kappa sobs, beating his head with his fists.
 
Gojyo jumps.
 
Hakkai yelps, and jerks the wheel. Hakuryu tilts crazily.
 
Goku shouts, and snatches the kappa just in time.
 
“BAKAZARU!!! Dammit - not the hair, not the hair! Don't touch the hair!!!” Gojyo shrieks.
 
Goku pulls the kappa back in to the jeep. Hakuryu crashes down on all four tires. Hakkai glares daggers at Gojyo. Gojyo doesn't notice. He blubbers. “Sanzo, my Sanzo… why oh why…”
 
Goku mutters. “Where's the harisen when you need it?!?”
 
B.
 
Sanzo walks gracefully, with dignity, his spine erect and eyes staring straight ahead. Huh. He has his pride, goddammit.
 
Sanzo stumbles, and falls flat on his face.
 
Sanzo curses. Sanzo scrambles up, muttering. Sanzo turns swiftly to glare at his two shadows.
 
Gato is looking up at the sky, whistling, hands behind his back.
 
Hazel instinctively starts to run to the priest, all concerned and worried and upset… then stops short at the murderous glare in the priest's furiously blushing face.
 
Hazel stands and examines his fingernails.
 
Sanzo dusts himself off delicately. Sanzo mutters, lighting a smoke.
 
“'Ch. Good thing certain blasted youkai didn't see that…”
 
~*~*~*~
In the forest, in a speeding Hakuryu, three blasted youkai jump and suddenly clap their hands to their mouths. Excruciating pain explodes as they unexplainably bite their tongues.
 
“Yare yare…”
 
“ITTE!!! Owowowowow….”
 
“Dammit! Fucking sonofabitch…”
 
 
C.
 
Sanzo emerges in a meadow, his two shadows following behind. The priest stops and drops to the ground, his back to them.
 
Hazel gazes at Sanzo adoringly. Even after all that's transpired, his faithful, holy, pure Sanzo insists on meditating. Fine. That's all right by Hazel. Hazel understands. Hazel will always understand.
 
Hazel walks softly over to where Sanzo is sitting down in the grass. “Take your time, my sweet San - “
 
Hazel stares. Sanzo is bent over, huddled, murmuring and stroking a close-up picture of Gojyo, with a roguish grin on the youkai's face. Oblivious, Sanzo rubs his face against the picture, kissing it softly now and then.
 
Hazel tears off his ten-gallon hat and chews it to smithereens. Hazel beseeches to the heavens. “Why?!? I don't understand…” Hazel wails.
 
 
D.
 
The dust settles.
 
Hazel smirks as Gato forces himself up through the debris, just like he'd expected. Hazel watches in satisfaction as his servant gingerly helps Sanzo out of the mess as well.
 
“You didn't have to do this,” the priest snarls, then collapses in a faint.
 
Hazel walks over to them.
 
Gato stands proudly.
 
Hazel reaches them, snatches off his glove and beats Gato furiously over the head. Hazel screams.
 
“How dare you touch my Sanzo! How dare you embrace him! How dare you hug him! Did I tell you to touch him? Did I?!?”
 
“How else could I have saved him?” Gato inquires in his sonorous monotone.
 
“I don't know! Just don't touch him!!!”
 
Gato shrugs. “Okay. You carry him to the cave, then.” Gato walks off.
 
Hazel stands, blinking.
 
“Get-back-here-you-imbecile!!!”
 
 
E.
 
 
Hazel skips happily as he hugs the grocery bags closer to himself. It feels so … domestic … to be shopping for his Sanzo, to choose food for him, to nourish him, to take care of him, forever `n ever till death do us part. Hazel sighs in pure bliss.
 
Hazel frowns suddenly, remembering that Sanzo is alone with Gato. No telling what secrets the big man could be spilling right now. Hazel walks faster. The idiot would probably drive his poor fragile Sanzo stark raving mad with his gibberish about the Great Spirit. Gato better not be telling tales…
 
Hazel pokes his head around inside the cave. Hazel's blood pressure skyrockets when he spies Sanzo in Gato's arms, the big Indian awkwardly petting the golden head as though Sanzo were a little kid.
 
Boiling, Hazel stomps over, dropping his parcels. Congee spills on the cave's floor. Hazel tastes bile as he hears Gato's words.
 
“…It's okay,” Gato mumbles, cheeks red, as he pats Sanzo's head. “…I'm sure he's thinking of you all the time…”
 
“You… you think so?” Sanzo hiccups, rubbing his eyes. He blinks at Gato. “You think my Gojyo misses me, too?”
 
“Of course he does!” Gato soothes the priest. “What did that green-eyed young man say after all… You two are retarded for each other, isn't that right?”
 
Sanzo smiles shyly. He bows his head. “Yes, yes we are…” he murmurs dreamily.
 
“You see, Mr. Sanzo, the Great Spirit tells us that for each of us there is that special someone…” Gato says, delighted with the success of his efforts to console the pretty little thing.
 
“Hrrr….. GATO!!!” Hazel screeches, gnashing his teeth.
 
“What?” Gato looks up innocently. He walks over to his charge.
 
Hazel screams and throws a tantrum. Gato blinks at him.
 
Sanzo hugs himself, renewed hope in his violet eyes. Unnoticed, he walks out of the cave, clutching Gojyo's picture to his heart. “Soon, my love, soon… we will be together again…” Sanzo disappears into the sunset.
 
Ni Jenyi pops his head into the cave. “OI! Blue-eyes! Haven't you lost something?”
 
Hazel freezes in mid-kick and whips around frantically. “Sanzo? Sanzo, my sweet…” Hazel pokes around in the dark corners of the cave. “Help me, you fool!” he hisses at Gato. Hazel and Gato crawl around and call for Sanzo.
 
Zakuro pops his head beside Ni Jenyi's. “They have a kitten called Sanzo?” he asks curiously.
 
Ni Jenyi shakes his head. “Dimwits…” the scientist mutters.