Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Misunderstanding ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

VIII. MISUNDERSTANDING/CRACKS
 
A.
 
“What did you do to her!!!” Goku cries, sprinting up to untie Lirin.
 
Hazel glares. “She wouldn't share her Sanzo doll with me!” he screeches.
 
“Let's take her with us. I don't trust him…” Goku begs Sanzo.
 
“What did I tell you about worrying about the enemy, bakazaru…” Sanzo rasps warningly. “If you insist on protecting that annoying stalker, you'll do it without us!”
 
“But -“
 
Sanzo loses his patience. “Do what you want!”
 
“Fine! I will!
 
Hazel cackles and hugs himself in glee as Gojyo watches Goku walk away in disbelief. The redhead turns to Sanzo. “What is wrong with you??? Why don't you do something?!” he demands.
 
“'Ch. I never asked you to come with me -“
 
Gojyo stares at Sanzo. Hazel fancies he sees shock, deep hurt and betrayal in the youkai's face. Hazel squeezes his eyes shut in bliss. It's working, it's actually working! He's finally going to get Sanzo all for himself. Hazel floats on cloud nine. Hazel hears choir music…
 
Hazel opens his eyes.
 
Hazel comes crashing to the ground.
 
Hazel's eardrums protest as the heavenly hosanna screeches to a halt.
 
“—I begged you to come!” Sanzo chokes. He clings to the kappa and buries his face at Gojyo's neck. Gojyo strokes his head, kisses his forehead.
 
“Uhrm…” Hakkai taps Sanzo's shoulder. “Before you two get carried away again, how about calling Goku back?”
 
“Oh. Yes. Hai. Certainly.”
 
Sanzo calls to Goku. Goku stops, but refuses to turn, still sulking.
 
Gojyo whistles. “Oi, bakazaru, I have a pork bun over here…” Goku stubbornly stays rooted in place.
 
“K'so…” Gojyo mutters. He gently places Sanzo from him. “Just a minute, sweetie pie…” Gojyo reaches inside his jacket and pulls out the food.
 
Hakkai stares. “You really have one?!”
 
Gojyo winks. “I have two. Remember the missing pieces from Goku's plate this morning…”
 
Hakkai shakes his head. Sanzo hits Gojyo with the harisen. Gojyo rears back, aims, and tosses the pitch, hollering. “Lirin! Fetch!”
 
Lirin's eyes pop open, her limp body springing to life. Lirin drags Goku with her as she scrambles after the pork bun. Gojyo tosses the other one to Goku as they reach the ikkou.
 
“Now…” Gojyo turns back to embrace Sanzo. Sanzo pushes him away. “Not until we get to the nearest bathhouse and Laundromat, baka!”
 
Sanzo orders Hakkai to floor it. Hakuryu screeches off, covering a poker-faced Gato and a shell-shocked Hazel in dust.
 
 
B.
 
Hazel smiles peacefully as he and Gato start to walk a respectful distance behind the solitary priest. Inside Hazel is one big shining ball of joy. He did it! He really did it! He'd torn Sanzo away from those filthy useless youkai!
 
Gato turns as the ground shakes behind them. Dust clouds billow in the wake of a rapidly approaching figure. A figure with red hair, his long legs pounding the ground, outrunning the jeep chasing after him, which contains a purple-faced monkey yelling TRAITOR!!! and a healer with a migraine murmuring Yare yare…
 
Hazel watches, stupefied, as Gojyo draws near, his arms outstretched beseechingly, shouting passionately.
 
“Sanzo! My love! Love of my life! I can't live without youuuuu!!!”
 
Hazel turns drunkenly and watches helplessly as Sanzo freezes in his tracks, then turns, his face beaming with joy, tears of remorse in his eyes. The monk starts running too.
 
“Gojyo… O my Gojyo…”
 
The two meet halfway, falling into each other's arms. Hakuryu grinds to a halt behind them, and Hakkai and Goku watch resignedly as the clouds break and the birds burst into song and a rainbow appears and sprites throw flower petals as Sanzo and Gojyo are reunited, and it feels so good.
 
Hazel quivers. “Ikinahare!” he murmurs to Gato wearily. Gato reaches up to pull the rope that appears magically beside him. Hazel winces as a black hole materializes under their feet and swallows them up.