Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Deprivation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

VII. DEPRIVATION/THE REMEMBRANCE
 
 
A.
 
“…I was a deserted child, you know. I never had a teddy bear to cuddle for my very own…” Hazel squeezes out a tear or two, peering hopefully at a bored Sanzo.
 
Sanzo sighs, taps out another cigarette and clamps it to his lips.
 
Click! Click! … Click!
 
“K'so…” the priest mutters.
 
CLICK!
 
Sanzo leans over to light his smoke as Gojyo slips back in beside him, lighter in hand. The kappa winks a greeting to a scowling Hazel. Hazel sniffs in disdain.
 
“SO ANYWAY! As I was saying, I never knew my parents… I have absolutely no idea of my roots, no sense of belonging anywhere…”
 
At the adjoining table, Goku elbows Hakkai. “Oi. Sounds like you two have a lot in common.” The kid grins.
 
Hakkai wrinkles his nose in revulsion. “Don't you dare!” he tells the monkey, who is howling with glee.
 
“… Can you identify with that, my dear Sanzo? Have you ever felt a howling emptiness, the bitter taste of solitude, the black abyss of - “ Hazel's sob story is cut short when the priest lets out an involuntary gasp.
 
Hazel dashes off his hard-squeezed tears to focus properly on the two figures seated across him. Sanzo's arms are folded serenely and he sits ramrod-straight in his chair, but the porcelain cheeks are suspiciously flushed. The damn youkai's arms are crossed innocently behind his head, but he wears a butter-wouldn't-melt-in-his-mouth grin, and he has the nerve to raise a mocking scarlet eyebrow. Hazel sees red.
 
“Darn it Sanzo! Will you stop playing footsie under the table and listen to me?!” Hazel screams, livid that he had not thought of trying that tactic himself. “Don't you realize that I'm laying myself before you, that I'm baring my soul - “
 
Sanzo and Gojyo are lost in a world of their own, murmuring sweet nothings in each other's ears as they share the Marlboro.
 
Hazel stomps to the door, pulling Gato along by the scruff of his neck. At the door he stops and shrieks back. “I'll get you yet Sanzo! We belong together! You'll see! You are the sun and I am the moon!”
 
Hazel exits, belting out from Miss Saigon. “You are sunlight and I moon/ Joined by the gods of fortune/ Midnight and high noon/ Sharing the sky/ We have been blessed, You and I…”
 
Hakkai murmurs. “And never the twain shall meet…” Hakkai shakes his head at the bishop's inept choice of metaphor, and walks over to Sanzo and Gojyo. “I've requested a room for you two,” he informs them.
 
“Saaannnnkkkyuuuu!!!!” they yelp, as they dive for the stairs.
 
 
 
B.
 
“Are they going to follow us all the way to Tenjikou?!?” Goku demands, glowering back at the bishop and Frankenstein.
 
“'Ch.”
 
“Just ignore them, Goku,” Hakkai advises.
 
“Yeah! That'll light a fire in his butt more than anything…” cackles Gojyo gleefully. Sanzo rolls his eyes.
 
“HIIIII!!!!!”
 
Lirin drops down in front of them. Goku waves her away madly, Hakkai stiffens in alarm. The unquenchable kappa elbows Sanzo. “Oi, it's your girlfr—“ Sanzo gives his lover a light swat with the harisen.
 
Hazel stalks past the frantic Goku and the worried Hakkai, ignoring the blonde and the redhead who are teasing each other.
 
“Urusei!” Sanzo pinches Gojyo.
 
“Make me!” Gojyo dares, waggling his brows.
 
“You wish…” Sanzo mocks.
 
“You wish too…” Gojyo purrs.
 
Hazel stops in front of Lirin. Lirin looks at him owlishly. “Are you a new member of the Sanzo-ikkou? No fair!” she pouts.
 
Hazel's eyes widen. Here is a tortured being like himself!
 
“Unfortunately my dear child, that impossible creature won't have me … yet.”
 
Lirin's eyes widen in turn. “You're crushing on baldy Sanzo too???” Hazel sighs and nods. Lirin claps her hands. “Goody goody goody!!! Now that there are two of us, we can form the I Love Sanzo Fanclub! I'll be the president!” the bouncy, bubbly kid youkai declares.
 
Hazel pouts. “I have a better idea. Let's be co-presidents!”
 
Lirin purses her lips, considering. Then she beams. “Hai! Okay! Now tell me - don't you just adore those gorgeous violet eyes? And that shining golden hair!” Lirin hugs herself.
 
Hazel gazes at the youkai in delight. “Yes! Exactly! And how about that cool, aloof, strong and silent demeanor of his…” Hazel swoons.
 
Lirin shrieks. “You should have been there when we had the face-off, when I managed to corner him and was begging him for his autograph! But he wouldn't sign my chest, so I pleaded for a kiss instead… Can you imagine, my poor Sanzo was bleeding but he refused to lower his gun…”
 
“No!!!” Hazel flutters.
 
“Hey, I can't wait to show you my posters, and my buttons, and my Sanzo doll, and my manga collection…”
 
“Um…” Gato taps Hazel's shoulder. “Hazel… They're leaving us behind,” he informs his master uselessly, as the two gab and gasp and exclaim.
 
In the far distance Goku whistles happily, hands behind his head, Hakkai smiles and pets Hakuryu, and Sanzo and Gojyo swing their entwined hands as the ikkou walk away.
 
 
C.
 
Hazel walks with a spring in his step. Inside his nightgown, nestled against his heart, is the snapshot of Sanzo he'd managed to pilfer from Lirin after the kid had nodded off, thanks to the sleeping pill he'd slipped in her milk.
 
Plus, he'd already checked, via Gato, and it seems like the bloody cocky redhead and his Sanzo had another lover's tiff, or something, since Sanzo is rooming alone tonight. And just now he'd glimpsed Sanzo in the courtyard, alone. Creamy alabaster skin. Shining gold hair. Cool amethyst eyes. And oh *shiver* those wicked tight jeans and that even tighter sleeveless black top he is wearing… The man was so sexy it was a sin.
 
Hazel approaches the bench where the priest sits sideways, with his back to him, smoking again, from the wisps curling in the moonlight. Huh. He'll cure Sanzo of that soon enough.
 
“Are you enjoying the moonlight, sweet Sanzo?” Hazel croons, his heart beating madly as he stops mere feet away, his eyes locked to the back of the golden head.
 
“We sure are…” a voice purrs lazily in reply.
 
Hazel blinks. Then stalks over to face the bench, and gets a nosebleed as the blood rushes to his head.
 
Pillowed on Sanzo's lap is Gojyo; Sanzo's fingers are threaded through silky crimson hair, his other hand interlaced with a tanned hand. The redhead's other hand is occupied with passing the cigarette from one mouth to the other.
 
Purple eyes raise up and blink at Hazel, unfocused, glazed with passion for the redhead.
 
Hazel throws his head back and howls at the moon.
 
 
D.
 
 
“…You don't need to travel with youkai, Sanzo.” Hazel speaks softly, enticingly.
 
“That's true…” Sanzo replies noncommittally.
 
Hazel closes his eyes in rapture. He makes his final, desperate gamble.
 
“Then come with me, Sanzo…” he begs in a husky, yearning voice, sure now of his victory, gloating inside and almost feeling sorry for the three poor youkai listening at the window…
 
The window opens.
 
“Oi, beautiful face, mission accomplished! I've bribed this sucker to give Hakkai and the saru his room for the night… Now get your pretty ass in here, I'm getting lonely all by myself…” drawls a naughty voice.
 
Sanzo shrugs. “Will you excuse me?” he says politely.
 
Hazel drops to his knees, clawing at the air as Sanzo sprints swiftly to the window.
 
“Baka erogappa! Not so loud! You want the whole place to hear you?!?” the blonde hisses.
 
“But I found the handcuffs…” Gojyo protests, popping his head out of the window with a sexy grin.
 
Sanzo grabs the kappa and kisses him quickly, roughly. “I'll be right there,” he whispers. “Let me just fetch the sutra and my gun…”
 
“GATO!!!” Hazel screams. Gato jumps down from the second floor window, whips out his gun and aims it at Sanzo, who is jogging to the hotel's doors. Hazel reaches up to pull the tip of the gun to his own temple.
 
“Ikinahare,” he says miserably.