Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Hesitation ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

VI. HESITATION/THE SUSPICION
 
 
A.
 
“So… youkai defend their own, huh?” Hazel smirks, as Hakkai, Goku and Gojyo plant themselves in front of the wounded Yaone.
 
A deep, dangerous voice drawls coldly in reply. “I don't think that's the case… Whether we are humans or youkai, it just isn't right to stand by and let a woman get beaten.”
 
Hazel's eyes widen in adoration at Sanzo's knight-in-shining-armor honorability, to think that he would stand up even for a bloody youkai, to think that he would risk his life for a woman, to think that -
 
Sanzo's cool voice interrupts Hazel's reverie. “Especially this baka erogappa over here…” Sanzo sniffs in disdain.
 
Gojyo runs his hands down his face in exasperation. “Dammit, sugarpie, is this about Kougyoku again?!? I've told you a million times that it was just a fling…”
 
Just a FLING, you goddamn cheating bastard!?!” the priest screeches.
 
“But honeybee, I thought we were on a break!
 
“Don't give me that lame Friends excuse, you sonuvademon!”
 
Gojyo begs and pleads, trying to take a haughty Sanzo in his embrace. Sanzo folds his arms and turns his face away.
 
Gato yanks Goku's cape curiously, flashing questioning eyes toward the two.
 
“Oh. That, my friend, is called a lover's quarrel,” Goku informs the big man.
 
“Quarrel? About Hazel?” Gato looks confused.
 
Goku snorts and waves that away. “No, no, this is ancient history… way before you two ever showed up… you don't seriously think they would waste their breath fighting over that?” Goku looks meaningfully at a spluttering, rigid Hazel, whose baby blues are locked jealously on Sanzo and Gojyo. Hazel flings himself down and thrashes and kicks and throws a tantrum.
 
“Er… no…” Gato concedes to Goku.
 
Goku grins. “Didn't think so.”
 
“OI!!!” Kougaiji yells. “What about the fight, then?!”
 
 
B.
 
 
Hazel and Gato walk past the Sanzo-ikkou, deciding to employ the `He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day' tactic. On the other side of the desert, Dokugakuji pleads with a livid, knee-trembling, eye-popping, nostrils-flaring frustrated Youkai Prince, just like his brother is pleading with the still-sullen, frosty High Priest.
 
Hazel (smug and superior and hopelessly hopeful): I'm telling you, Sanzo, you should cut all ties with youkai, after this…
 
Hazel turns to look pointedly at Sanzo. But he is ignored. Sanzo is busy sulking.
 
Gojyo (tearing at his hair): I need you/ More than anyone, darling/ You know that I have from the start/ So build me up/ Buttercup/ Don't break my heart…
 
Sanzo (tilts his chin higher): `Ch.
 
Gojyo (on his knees, wringing his hands): Honeybunny I'm begging you, please, please, pretty please, forgive me… (Jumps up) I'll cut off my hair for you! I'll give up smoking for you! I'll… I'll… I'll give my life for you! Yes! I will! You'll see! The next time the Brat Prince summons Engokuki I'll jump right in front to protect you! (Calls over to Kougaiji) Oi! Summon the evil over here, will ya? Just a small one, okay…until I get the hang of it…
 
Kougaiji (mutters to Doku): You committed murder for that lunatic?!
 
Doku (bows his head): Well… He's the only little brother I've got…
 
Gojyo (turns back to Sanzo and spreads his arms as he declares solemnly): Greater love has no man than this!!!
 
Goku (snorts): Baka erogappa! You're not a man! You're youkai, same as us!
 
Gojyo (glares): I am too! I'm half a man!
 
Hakkai (wrinkles his forehead): Somehow that didn't sound right…
 
Gato (walks over to Gojyo): No, no, you need to spread your feet more, and hold your arms precisely at a sixty-degree angle, in order to create the proper shield to block the attack… (Demonstrates on Gojyo as he speaks) …Yeah, that's right! A little higher on the left…
 
Hazel (foaming at the mouth): TRAITOR!!!
 
Sanzo (walks over to Gojyo and kisses his cheek): I forgive you, pumpkin pie. Let's kiss and make up…
 
Gojyo (with a Thanks, Dude! to Gato) slips his arm around Sanzo's shoulders as they walk off into the sunset.
 
Gojyo (grins naughtily): The fun part is the `making up'… Hehehe…
 
Hazel (bawls): Nobody loves me… *sniff*… not even my stupid Frankenstein bodyguard… *sniff*… (rubs his eyes petulantly)
 
Gato (pats Hazel's head): There, there…
 
Hazel (elbows Gato in the stomach): Don't you touch me!!! You cheating bastard!!!
 
Hakkai (clears his throat): Um… I think this is where we came in, Goku…
 
Goku (yawns): I'm bored with the whole thing… You still have Sanzo's AnEx card, ne? Let's find ourselves a decent restaurant with a nice bar for you…
 
Hakkai: You got it! (“KYU!!!”)