Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Sunny Day ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XII. SUNNY DAY/THE LIFE AND DEATH BATTLE
 
A.
 
Goku cracks his knuckles. He cackles evilly. He stalks over to Sanzo. His fist connects with Sanzo's cheek, sending the priest flying.
 
The next thing he knows, the monkey is being clobbered - by everyone.
 
“Not his face! Not that beautiful, perfect face! Don't you know I love that face?!? Bakazaru!” Gojyo kicks the saru.
 
“That will take a huge amount of chi to repair, Goku! And with a battle on our hands, too!” Hakkai orders Hakuryu to breathe fire on Goku.
 
“Why did you hurt that pretty little thing…” Gato raps Goku's knuckles.
 
“ITTE!!! K'so…” THWAK! THWAK! THWAK! Sanzo.
 
Hazel throttles Goku, screaming. “I haven't even had the chance to kiss that face yet you idiot youkai!!!”
 
“…Nor… nor will you… ev—ever…” chokes Goku.
 
B.
 
Goku punches Sanzo.
 
Sanzo punches Gojyo.
 
Goku and Hakkai stare. “KYU?” Hakuryu squeaks in surprise.
 
Clutching his cheek, Gojyo glares at his lover. “Why the hell did you hit me, dammit!”
 
Sanzo snarls. “You took your sweet time getting here, didn't you…”
 
Gojyo throws his hands up. “I give up. I just fucking give up. First you scream at me to go away, and now it's still my fault when, against all odds, I show up?” Gojyo bows his head, his shoulders slumping. “…And here I risked life and limb trying to get to you… Just so I could protect you… give up my life for you… I don't care if I die, so long as I die beside you…” Red eyes steal a glance at the priest.
 
Sanzo crumbles, rushing to crush the mistreated kappa in his embrace. He cradles the now-secretly-grinning Gojyo to his heart, shaking with remorse.
 
“My love, my Gojyo…” Sanzo groans. “How I've missed you…” He rains kisses all over Gojyo's uptilted face.
 
“Sanzo!”
 
“Gojyo!”
 
Goku mutters. “Against all odds… Risked life and limb, my arse… Blubbered and bawled all the way here is more like it…Who did all the fighting, I'd like to know? Huh?” he glares at Hakkai.
 
Hakkai raises up his palms defensively. “Don't look at me!”
 
“Kyu!” Hakuryu peers over the healer's shoulder uncertainly.
 
Meanwhile, Gato kneels and bends over, trying to console his charge. Hazel digs his knuckles into his eyes, sniffing petulantly, as his nanny speaks slowly and clearly.
 
“You see, Hazel, a big boy has the decency and the self-respect to know when he's licked… I mean, look at them…” Gato looks over affectionately to the kappa and the priest. “…Who are we to stand in the way of true love?” Gato murmurs dreamily.
 
Hazel manfully does his best to listen, but when he happens to glance over and sees Sanzo clasping Gojyo's face passionately in his hands as he kisses the kappa hungrily, Hazel loses it. He charges, teeth bared, hands curled into claws.
 
“Hrrr!!!”
 
Gato reaches out just in time and grabs hold of the bishop's coat tails.
 
Gojyo tucks in a stray golden strand behind Sanzo's ear. “How have you been, sweetie pie? I've been so worried… with your delicate constitution and all…”
 
“I've managed to get along… Gato very kindly cooked me some soup,” Sanzo tells his lover, glancing gratefully at the big Indian.
 
Gato beams and keeps a firm hold on the still-struggling Hazel.
 
 
C.
 
Sanzo shoots Hazel.
 
“Ow! Sanzo…?” Hazel looks at Sanzo pitifully, disillusionment pooling in his baby blues.
 
Sanzo spits. “It HURTS, dammit!!!” The priest clutches at his own wounds, tallying up.
 
“Here, and here, and - ITTE!!! - here …” Sanzo mutters, firing a shot at Hazel in the exact same spots.
 
“GATO!!!” Hazel yells desperately as his body is buffeted.
 
The big man folds his arms and intones deeply. “An eye for an eye is right. It is just. Allah said so…”
 
“BAKA!!! What happened to the Great Spirit, you big buffoon?!?” Hazel shrieks helplessly.
 
“Duh… Uh-oh…” Gato sprints to shield Hazel, belatedly.
 
“IDIOT! See if I put any more tamashi in you…”
 
“He… he… he…”
 
D.
 
Hazel narrows his eyes. Damn, they're good. No wonder Sanzo is crazy about his youkai… Well, they leave him no choice.
 
Hazel turns to the fallen Zakuro, lips curling in distaste. He touches the pendant with two gloved fingertips. “Okinahare…”
 
Zakuro's lavender eyes pop open. He staggers up, swaying drunkenly. Slowly, his arms lift up and extend before him. He growls gutturally.
 
“Korose… korose…”
 
Hazel sneers in satisfaction.
 
“Kill all demons!!!”
 
Hazel folds his arms smugly… and then he squawks.
 
Zakuro raises his hands to his own neck and chokes himself. “Kill demons… aarrgghhhh…” Zakuro slumps to the ground.
 
Hazel plants his hands on his hips and glares at nobody in particular. “I just can't win, can I!?!”
 
From the cliff, Ni Jenyi shakes his head, binoculars in one hand and popcorn in the other. “Should've seen that coming, baka…”
 
 
E.
 
“Why do you protect him?” Gojyo demands.
 
“It is everything to me…” Gato utters in that flat monotone.
 
“Is he just a dead man, after all?” the kappa mutters.
 
“Seirei da…” Sanzo announces.
 
“Eh? Where did you hear such a fairytale?”
 
Sanzo jerks his head to Gato.
 
Hazel's eyes widen. He beats Gato with his ten-gallon. “So you WERE telling secrets, you big oaf! What else did you tell him? Answer me!!!”
 
“Nothing… I swear…”
 
“You better not have revealed anything else…”
 
“Well…”
 
“NANI!?!”
 
“I… I did tell him you like sleeping with your Legolas action figure…”
 
“YOU DIDN'T!!!”
 
“Ow…”
 
 
F.
 
“Die, Sanzo-han. Then I'll use your youkai's souls to revive you. I have to do it… Otherwise, you'll love demons forever…” Hazel says coldly.
 
“You're fucking kidding me, right?” Sanzo asks incredulously.
 
The priest stands casually. Goku holds up Hakuryu to light the cigarette clamped on Sanzo's lips. Hakkai is busy applying chi to Sanzo's boo-boos. And Gojyo of course has his arms wrapped around Sanzo from behind, his chin propped on Sanzo's shoulder. The kappa winks at Hazel.
 
Hazel's delicate complexion sizzles beet-red. “…FINE. You don't have to rub it in my face, ALL RIGHT?!?”
 
 
G.
 
Goku and Gojyo glance at each other. “Chance!” They charge.
 
Gato turns and rams his fist into the overhanging cliff.
 
“It's a trap, you fools!” Sanzo yells.
 
CRASH!!!
 
The rock face tumbles down. Goku and Gojyo narrowly avoid getting crushed.
 
When the dust clears, it reveals a stone-faced Gato dusting himself off… and a blinking, white-faced, dust-covered scientist, a pair of cracked binoculars in one hand and a crushed coffee flask in the other.
 
“Hehehe… that was close…” chatters Ni Jenyi.
 
The ikkou gasp and shout in unison. “It's… it's the kami-sama's sugar daddy!!!”
 
“Yapoo…” the scientist waves weakly.
 
Bright red question marks pop over Hazel's head. Gato waggles a finger at Ni Jenyi. “Naughty, naughty…”