Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Earth, Moon, and Star ❯ Where do babies come from? Pt 2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

^^ Another installment of Earth, Moon, and Star, though it isn't going to be as humorous as the previous chapter… Okay, so maybe it has some humor to it. Anyways, I'm experimenting with new ideas so don't mind me.

Dividers: *** <Random quote.> ***

Thoughts.

"Speech."

Disclaimer: Read it from the first chapter.

*** "I'm sick and tired of your little love affair. Get a room!" ***

Hours later Sanzo-ikkou had stopped for lunch as the saru wouldn't stop whining. It was getting on everyone's nerves, even the passive Hakkai, though he managed a smile. Sanzo's paper fan was kept busy for the half hour before they had taken a break.

Since he was hungry, Goku completely forgot his question and was content on filling his stomach, to which the others were grateful for. At least they had time to think of a response or who to pass the responsibility to.

Sanzo took this rare moment of silence or at least non-bickering to meditate while the others were finishing their lunch. Unfortunately, with the declining food, it meant the saru and the kappa fought over the last piece as usual, shattering the moment of silence.

"Hands off, ero kappa!"

"Why don't you?"

"I saw it first!"

"Oh yeah?'

"Yeah! Besides, you wouldn't want to get fat!"

"Are you insinuating I should lose weight?"

"Moby Dick!" [1]

"Why I ought to!!"

Suddenly a paper fan descended on two skulls, effectively shutting the two for the mean time. Its holds had a huge throbbing vein as he tapped the fan on his palm.

"What was that for?" Gojyo snapped at the monk, which almost earned him another whacking.

Sanzo merely glared at the two verbal combatants. A few times he wished they would strangle each other or someone would choke, but it wasn't going to happen any time soon. He hated destiny and all that crap.

"Hey, where did it go?" Goku cried out, once he found out the chicken dumpling was missing. He couldn't have eaten it or he'd know about it. "Ero kappa, no fair using Sanzo as a distraction."

"What??? I didn't eat it!"

The two glanced over at a chuckling Hakkai. On the healer's lap, the small dragon held the questioned item in his mouth. Hakuryu blinked a few times and promptly ate the chicken dumpling in one bite.

"Hakuryu!!" The saru and the kappa shouted in unison.

"Kyuu," the small dragon chirped in response.

"Lousy dragon," a certain brunette muttered under his breath.

The white dragon blinked a few more times and just ignored the protesting saru. He flew into the shade to take a nap when suddenly someone reached up and grabbed his tail.

"We leave as soon as possible," Sanzo stated with a firm voice. "Hakkai, get your dragon to transform. We're going."

Hakuryu gave an indignant chirp as he tried to get out of Sanzo's death grip. He wasn't a happy camper and neither was one sanzo.

"Sanzo, please let go of my dragon." Hakkai was ever so polite. He also had a friendly smile, despite the situation. Soon his dragon was released. He gently rubbed Hakuryu and whispered soothing words.

All the while Goku and Gojyo were still going at each other's throats. The two only stopped upon hearing the clicking of a banishing gun. They backed away from each other as not to provoke a certain monk, who was riled up enough.

Somehow Hakkai managed to convince the little dragon to transform into his jeep form. He already loaded their belongings into the trunk and was now in the driver's seat, waiting patiently for the others to board. Once finished threatening the saru and kappa, Sanzo climbed into his usual position, shotgun.

Goku and Gojyo glared at each other as they climbed into the backset. When either of them appeared to be opening their mouth to make a retort, a certain fan made an appearance shutting them up temporarily.

*** "Urasai!" ***

Up at the Tenkai, a goddess found this to be very entertaining. At times, her assistant frowned at her giggles and laughter. She nearly fell off her throne when she heard ask THAT question. Her nephew's reincarnation and friends amused her to no end.

"Isn't there something more important to do besides watching Konzen… I mean Sanzo."

Kanzeon turned her head to her assistant. She pressed her lips together as if she was going to scold him, but then shrugged it off.

Jiroshin backed up when he saw her gaze fall upon him. Then all of a sudden, she shrugged him off. Not that he was relieved. "Are you watching their backs in case of surprise attacks?"

The Merciful goddess gave him a look. "You've got to be kidding." She shifted in her throne for a comfy position before giving her attention back to her assistant. "This is much more entertaining than the boring stiffs up here."

The assistant now sported a massive sweat drop. Go figure. Only she would find this amusing at a time like this. We need to be serious seeing as Nataku is out of commission and Homura is gone. Where did he wander off to?

A laugh brought him out of his reverie. His boss was laughing at some argument between Goku and Gojyo. Then their little fight was broken up by a rather pissed off high ranking monk.

It doesn't get any better than this. Oh wait. Kanzeon's smile grew larger as a thought came across her mind. I wonder how my dear nephew will react when he hears those three words coming from the least person he expects.

An evil laugh rang throughout the room.

*** "Ne Konzen, haraheta!" ***

Meanwhile a white haired youth was currently making his way through the forest. His ears twitched listening for any signs of danger. He stopped upon hearing the rustle of leaves. His tail swayed as he abruptly turned to face the intruder.

Suddenly a small deer came bounding into the clearing. The fox relaxed and went on his way to the nearest village. Most likely they wouldn't allow him to enter, but then again he could always use his illusions. After all he was a fox and that was a fox's specialty. He ran his hand through his long white hair, pondering about the recent youkai activity.

It was strange how they have been gathering and working together. Normally, they tended to work separately and often competed against each other. Then there had to be someone in charge, a powerful someone indeed for the youkai to cooperate with one another.

For some time now, he was attacked by rogue youkai. He dismissed it at first, because it was usually five or less. Then the numbers started to increase and he was facing around a dozen youkai at a time.

If most youkai were affected, then why wasn't he?

*** "Bakasaru! Shin ne!" ***

So far the journey had been uneventful ever since Goku asked that question. There were the occasional breaks of quarreling and the fan making an appearance.

Sanzo took these moments of silence either to think, pray, or meditate, because when dinner time came around, his pet would be constantly whining or pouting. Hakkai concentrated on the road lik the good driver he was. Once in awhile, he hummed a random tune. Gojyo had fantasies about women, beer, cigarettes, Hakkai….. Goku zoned in and out, falling asleep more than once when he was not bickering with the kappa.

"Ne, Hakkai," Goku called to the other brunette.

"What is it?" Hakkai inquired politely. Please don't let it be about babies. I haven't come up with an answer yet!

"How much further till the next town?' Goku innocently asked.

The other two let out a breath of relief. They were expecting the saru to ask THE question. Well at least, it wasn't about food either.

"I'd estimate an hour or two," Hakkai replied casually with his customary smile.

"Good, cause I'm getting stiff back here," Goku stated flatly.

Bakasaru.

…… Figured the saru would say something like that.

Sanzo's violet eyes were on one person and one person alone. He couldn't believe how naïve Goku was. It wasn't like he wanted the saru to be perverted like Gojyo. Now that was a disturbing thought. However, Goku couldn't stay naïve for the rest of his life. Sooner or later, he had to grow up.

Once Gojyo stopped fantasizing about women, his thoughts fell on a certain healer. Naughty thoughts raced through his perverted mind. Huh? Since when did he start having fantasies about a certain green eyed man, wearing a monocle? As a matter of fact, why was he having them in the first place? More importantly, why wasn't he scoring on any women?

Hakkai had been busy taking care of his small family. As the healer of the group, he didn't get much rest after fights and he too required rest. He was the peace keeper as well. Since Goku and Gojyo fought over every little thing, he had tried to break them apart since Sanzo would often end it violently. If Sanzo became involved, then he also had to prevent the unstable monk from killing half the group. He knew Sanzo wouldn't kill him as he needed a driver.

As for Goku, he hadn't really thought about it. He was too busy either fighting or trying to find something to fill his stomach.

The golden eye teen leaned against the side of the jeep. His gaze went from the scenery to Sanzo to Hakkai to Gojyo and then back to Sanzo.

"Hakkai, where do babies come from?" Goku innocently inquired, breaking the blissful silence.

The other three remained quiet as if saying the other should take the question. Gojyo nodded his head towards the healer. He knew Hakkai always had an answer, being a school teacher in all. The monocle wearing man turned his attention to the leader of their small group. He wasn't going to risk telling Goku more than what Sanzo wanted him to know. Sanzo glared at the two people staring at him. Figured they wanted him to answer his pet.

Damn, why does he have to be so nosy now?

"Well, someone answer the question," Goku stated irritated no one was answering. He wasn't getting any younger and they've been delaying long enough.

"You're too young to know," Sanzo stated, leaning back into his seat. He knew Goku was the oldest one out of their group, but he acted like the youngest.

Goku pouted some more. "Mou, I'm eighteen years old! I should be old enough to know!"

"Maa, maa," Hakkai said calmly. Sometimes, it was a pain being the peace maker, but someone had to be. "I'm sure Sanzo would let you know when he's ready. "

Sanzo twitched erratically. Hakkai did NOT just say that. What was he thinking? "What do you mean by that?"

"You can take it however you want to," Hakkai said calmly as if he was talking about the weather and not trying to placate some irritated monk. "Besides, you wouldn't want your pet to lose his innocence as that's one…" His sentence was cut short when a hand clamped over his mouth.

The blonde didn't want his pet to know it yet. For some odd reason, he would like Goku to remain in the dark, but he wasn't sure why. He wondered why he wanted to protect his pet from things like that. When he felt Hakkai grinning, he knew the healer was up to something. It could only mean disaster for him.

Sanzo finally released his hand from the healer's mouth and relaxed into his seat until Goku opened his mouth again.

"What do you mean?" The saru inquired rather cutely. "What about my innocence." There it was in the fullest.

"Your innocence is one of the qualities that makes you, you," Hakkai explained. He noted Sanzo approved of his answer as he wasn't being shut up. "The way Gojyo's perversion make him, him."

"Hey!"

"Oh."

*** "It's awfully quiet back there. Are you two making out?" ***

[1] XP It's supposed to be a double reference. Moby Dick (for those of you who aren't into literature) is a white whale. The second word should be obvious. *whistles innocently*