Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Haunter of Desolation ❯ Haunter of Desolation ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Summary: The local playboy and ace gambler has disturbing dreams at night.

Title: Haunter of Desolation

Saiyuki fic, set a good deal of time before the Journey.

Author: Shiroki Kietsuki

Archive: fanfiction.net for now, mediaminer.org, shiroki.pitas.com.later.

Disclaimer: I join countless other ficwriters and anime fans in sadly stating that I don't own either of these characters, and more power to Minekura Kazuya-sama, whose characters and storyline I am -basing- this fic on.

========================================================= =======

- Desolate Haunter of Dreams -

Green Eyes. Dark hair. Pain. Desperation. Blood.

Kill me. I failed. My one mission, I failed. My one love, I lost. Why, it's Death. Come, come... red as the blood that deformed me. Red as the blood on my hands. Red as the blood I've shed. Red as -her- blood. Come, Red death. Take me away.

Gojyo jerked up in bed, his breath coming in hard, gasping pants, hands cold for no physically tangible reason. That voice... had haunted his dreams for longer than he'd care to remember. The images of the *one* who haunted him were brief, not more than swift flashes of nothing too dreadful, the features just sorrowfully borne, fuzzily handsome yet heartwrenching in their misery. Misery that was begging to be ended, with that voice...

The Voice. It wasn't audible, that voice. It echoed in the most terrifying way, the imagery and chilling welcome called to his very soul. He'd never seen the man before, he was sure, despite the vagueness of the dreamscape and his face. Yet as he woke, he could have sworn his soul responded this time. It was all so Goddamn Freaky.

You haven't lost -me- yet, Gensui. So sorry to disappoint you, but you're not gonna fuckin' die on me again.

Gensui? Die on me? Again? ...What?

He must've remembered wrong or something. But the very word 'Gensui' had embedded itself in more than just his subconscious dreamscape, and he knew there was more to it than that. He just hoped that lovely, broken voice never called to him while he was awake. He'd have a breakdown, he would. Without a fuckin' doubt.

Gensui... Marshal. It would make no sense to him, and tuck itself away, gradually forgotten as his soul's responding voice would never make itself heard again, despite more recurring encounters with the blood-soaked, green-eyed wraith that begged to die.

========================================================= ==========

End for now...

Thanks for reading this far little nothing-at-the-moment... apologies to anyone waiting for Rogue Feelings… [ esp. H. Mauvecloud m (_ _) m ]

I realize this was annoyingly short and doesn't really go anywhere… It's like RF part 2 is at the moment… I… will do something about it. As soon as is humanly possible. With twenty thousand apologies… *regretful sigh and a lot of bad feelings for not being more productive*

If you feel an unquenchable desire to flame... ah hell, go ahead. My fragile ego is perhaps tougher than it looks. But know your limits please. Breaking mine may prove to be unsightly, mature or not.

Opinions and Criticisms warmly welcome, as well as typo or grammar errors...

========================================================= ============

Posted 2015 hrs 04.06.03 Wed. [local time]

--------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

...May squared come and gone... 'Nineteen', now just a wistful, badly-missed memory...

|| Black, silver, red... Sin, redemption, blood... Come, rain… Wash it all away... || [ + Kenren Taishou + ]