Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Looking Back ❯ meeting the gang... and looking into the past... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Looking Back


'It is one of those days when the lights of the heavens doesn't reach the earth... and the cries and tears of the gods instead falls onto the surface. It's one of those days which seems that power of hope has started to vanish and all the bad memories has come to replace it... You always think those memories has gone and will never be remembered... but they won't, they'll just keep on coming back and will haunt you till some things are done...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo


'Hmm... where am I?...' Hakkai notices he's in a dungeon... and also notices a person is lying on the floor 'Blood...' "Hey are you okay!?... (turns the body over)... Kanan!"
"Aaahh!!!" A female screams from the background.
"Huh?"
"Help me!"
"Where are you?"
"Don't kill me... please!"
Hakkai sees two people... well so it seems... one on the floor pleading the other and the other standing... and then...

"Aaahh!!! (looks around) ... Huh?... oh it was a dream... but seems so real..." Hakkai gets up...
"Are you okay!?... I heard you scream!" Gojyo trying to zip his pants up.
"I'm okay... It was just a nightmare..." Wiping out the sweat on his forehead... "Go back to bed..."
".........."
"Don't worry!" Smiles and pushes the taller man towards the hallway, whom looks back before closing the door of his room. Hakkai tries to settle back down... '... Who was that woman?... Kanan.....' Goes into deep sleep.


ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo


"Well, up for another game?" Hakkai said smiling his usual smile while shuffling a new deck.
"That was nine out of ten you've beaten me, and I think you fucking gone easy on the last! I need a smoke..." The half-breed has light another cigarette and picked up his cards.
But the brunette took the stick away "I'd wish you'd stop, you know its bad for you..." Even though he's still smiling, you know that he's worried by the tone of his voice. "Anything you say 'Sweetie'" Blood haired pins down his very shocked comrade... friend... They wrestled with laughter, but then Hakkai stopped...

'Red as blood...' Staring at Gojyo's crimson hair and at the same time the window of which you see nothing but a gloomy sky, pouring down rain and thunder roaring... 'Its just like the day... I...'

"Hakkai? Oi!" Gojyo noticing something was wrong... "Are you all right?" giving a tone and face saying 'are you ok... I'm worried'...
"Huh?... oh I'm fine..." Hakkai snaps out of it, giving his usual smile.
".........." Gojyo can't tell by the look of his comrade's face... but it still doesn't feel right, as if the smile is just a mask to hide his real self...
"Don't worry... I'm fine, really..."
"..... Ok...." Gojyo still worried.

"Aaaaaahhh!!!"
"You stupid ass monkey!" You can hear the gunshots and that everything is tearing apart in the other room.
"Uhh... why don't you check on them..."
"The monkey can take care of himself... plus you think I want to get shot by that bastard again?..." The he suddenly notices that his best friend just wants to be alone for awhile "..... fine.... I will...." Then walks slowly out... Hakkai walks to the chair next to the window and takes a seat.

~It is night, darkness has overcome light throughout the horizon... Rain pounding on to the ground as a drum, thunder banging throughout the night sky, & with lightning so bright that it hurts to look outside... It is the same night, the night of pain & suffering that happened within me... Just thinking of these memories hurts my insides, as if someone stabbed me right in my back with a cold, sharp blade... my love... I miss you so... you said it was for my safety & protection... but why does it hurt?... it hurts so bad... 'Kanan..'~

Then he notices a shadowy figure under the tree outside the building... who could it be... it seems to be a female figure... then... she lifted her head up... she seems familiar... 'Kanan?... Kanan!!! But it can't be!' He rushes out the building calling out "Kanan! Kanan!! Kanan!!!"
When he got out in the rain "Kanan! Is it really you!? Please get out of the r... Kanan?" As Hakkai came up to the figure, the one he was calling for... even though he knew it was impossible, he was determined to know who the person was... the figure looked, it was a girl, a girl with red hair, with eyes that matched showing that she was of half youkai & half human breed. She stared right at him, however, Hakkai noticed that it wasn't just any ordinary stare, it was deeper than that, as if she already knew him... the girl stares into his green eyes with confusion..."Oh... I'm sorry... I mistaken you for someone else..." 'It's not Kanan...' Nothing but silence came out of her, she just gave that deep stare, as if she saw right through him, of his thoughts & feelings, You couldn't hear anything but the rain pouring through the night, "... are you lost?...why don't you come in... it's freezing out here and you'll catch a cold..." Hakkai didn't want to be rude, so all he did was smile his usual smile & lead to the cabin. The girl was still staring into his green eyes in silence, but without hesitation she followed the brunette in.

When they went in, all Hakkai's comrades came running out...
"Oh my gosh Hakkai! Are you okay?!" Goku, frightened for the thought that his friend could have been in trouble...
"Shit Hakkai! You scared me like hell! Just running out like that!" Gojyo yelling with anger, but shows how much he cares.
"Oh, I'm sorry, but I'm okay... really..." Hakkai trying to calm everybody down, but happy to know that they really cared...
"…As long as your all right...." Gojyo trying to calm down...
"You sure your all right?" Chibi monkey still a bit worried, looks at Hakkai with innocent eyes...
"Yes," Hakkai smiling as usual, & giving a tone to tell everybody 'Everything is okay...'
"Hakkai..." Goku needing to ask another question, his monkey brain in need for the answer...
"Yes," Worried that his little comrade was still worried...
"I'm hungry..." Giving such a desperate face...
"All right, I'll start on dinner soon..." Smiles as the child of the group leaped in happiness all over the room... Noticing he nearly forgot one more thing... "Sanzo may we..."

'CLICK (of a gun)' "Who the fuck are you?" They see Sanzo pointing his gun right at the female stranger's head. But all the response he had was silence from the girl, all she did was look up at the priest's purple eyes...
"Uhh... Sanzo... it's ok... I let her in..." Hakkai forcing, gently, the priest's gun down.
With a glare saying 'I don't approve... better give me a good reason or else' "Why?" "...Well, she was outside and I was worried that she'll get sick..." Hoping that it's a good enough reason.
".........." Knowing Hakkai means well... he just stares away & takes a seat on the armchair...
"Gosh Hakkai, you're really softhearted letting a stranger come in as if she's a person you know..." The little monkey shows such a cute little chibi face.
"Yeah, you even convinced Sanzo to let her stay, how cool!" The half breed also went towards Hakkai for another compliment.
"Well, I learn from the best!" Staring at Gojyo.
"Well… yea… everyone knows I am the best!"
"Yea, the best at being the stupidest asshole in the world!" Goku just wanting to tease then was suddenly tackled by Gojyo.

"Oh, how rude of me, my name is Cho Hakkai... what's your name?" Remembers he had a little company.
".........." Still in silence and staring at Hakkai the exact same way as before.
"... Well you should go and get dried up... you can use Goku's clothes, I think they're a bit big but I hope it'll do... and then I'll fix up dinner all right."
"...Okay..." she nods her head. "...Thank you..."
Hakkai smiles, pleased to know that she could speak. "That's good... Goku!"
"Yes!" The young boy stops, gets off the red head, and goes toward the two. "Yep!" In his cheerful self.
"... Uhh... this is Son Goku. Goku... can you lend her some clothes?"
"Sure, I'll go get 'em!" Skips down the hallway, to his room.
"Here... let me take your cloak..." Takes off the young lady's cloak. "You'll be too cold if you leave it on..."
"Thank you Hakkai-san" Gives a little smile.
"You are very pretty... especially when you smile..." Smiling and noticing she actually smiles and has such a beautiful face... she seemed pretty small... with beautiful red eyes and hair...this also the guys noticed... they knew that she was half youkai & half human... she seemed to be in the age of 15... but there was something about her... as if she had a big secret... far too big to tell...
"Yep, he's right, you are gorgeous!" Gojyo, comes from nowhere.
"Thank you... so you are half-breed too, I see... I don't know very many though..." Seems to be feeling kind of welcomed .
"Yep I am! My mother was human while my father was a yokai."
"Well, this is Sha Gojyo… I can see you two are getting along pretty well. Over there is Genjo Sanzo." Hakkai is pleased.
"Here ya go! Wow... you're really pretty!" Studying the girl everywhere.
"Hehe... thanks" The girl is amused of how the lil monkey boy looks at her.
"Well you can change in my room... and get aquatinted with everyone... is that ok?" Smiling and happy she's feeling welcomed.
"That'll be fine... thank you" She follows Hakkai to his room.
"Well... I guess you can sleep here for the night if you'd like... and I'll go make dinner... See you!" Hakkai goes towards the kitchen.
"Hey!... Is she staying!?" The little brown haired youkai came running towards the girl with excitement... The young woman comes back into the room…
"Hehe... you better stop acting stupid... you're scaring her... stupid monkey... Sorry for his being of stupidity... So, what's your name?" But all the girl did was look at him at first... then straight away... turned another direction...
"Haha! I think she finds you even more scarier than I... with your ugly face and all..." As usual... the two started a fight... at first with words of anger & annoyance... then, with punches & kicks... it was pretty amusing...
While Hakkai was cooking... as he turned his head to see what the two were doing... he noticed a little smile had formed on the young lady's lips once again and a little giggle could be heard... He smiled... happy to see that his guest was starting to feel comfort around them..."So, what else should we have for dinner?"
"Yea! Can we have..." Goku starts to name many different types of foods from cakes... chicken... roast beef... etc... and ignoring Gojyo…
"..... stupid monkey..." Sanzo takes a seat on the couch and lights a cigarette. "Hey... where's that lil brat?"
"He's right next to you..." Gojyo, joking bout the monkey boy.
"Hey, I'm no brat..." Goku gives Sanzo and Gojyo a mean look.
"I'm not talking about the stupid monkey, I'm talking about the girl..."
"I'm not a stupid monkey either..."
"Then what are you?" Gojyo, playing to see how far Goku can go.
"Nothing!" Goku tries to punch Gojyo but the redhead blocks him.
"Well, you're actually right for once... You are nothing!" Pins down Goku.
'Bang Bang (gunshots)' "Guys shut up....." The priest is pointing his gun at the two.
"Hehe... Hakkai-san is it always like this?" Hakkai notices the girl giggling behind the counter.
"Yep... but its fun to watch."
"I can see that!" Hakkai and the girl starts laughing.
"... What's so funny?" The girl was shocked to see that Goku and Gojyo were right next to her and appeared so suddenly.
"Oh... we were just talking about how kids play these days..." Hakkai and the girl starts to laugh once more.
"?????" Gojyo and Goku are totally confused.
"Well...dinner is served" Hakkai sets the finishing touches of the table.
"Yea!" Goku is the first to gobble up the food... actually he at most of the food before anyone else could even start.
"Uhh... forgive the monkey" Gojyo, Sanzo, and Hakkai (sweatbands) noticing Goku's eating habits might embarrass the girl.
"It's ok... At least he's a healthy eater!" Still smiling and giggling at how fast the boy eats.
"Well that was great Hakkai!" Gojyo lights another smoke.
"I'm stuffed..." Goku rubs his little round belly.
"That was delicious!"
"Thank you"
"Well, I'm off..." Sanzo puts out his cigarette, gets up, and leaves. "'Night"
"G'night" Gojyo follows the priest down the hallway.
"So where is she sleeping?" Goku was wondering about the visitor before he was about to leave to go into his own room.
"Oh, in my room..."
"What a bout you?" Goku was a bit confused.
"Probably on the couch."
"Oh, if you're too uncomfortable on the couch, I'll sleep in it..." The girl was a bit embarrassed to be of so much trouble.
"No, I'll be fine... Good night Goku!"
"Good night" Skips down the hall.