Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Positive Balance ❯ Superfluos ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello!! It's me, Siberian_angel…been a long time since I have uploaded my most special fanfic, “Cynical Equlibrium.” Finally, after more than a year, I have the time to update and type the sequel to “Cynical Equilibrium.” For those who have reviewed the said fic, thank you so much~! Sorry for the long wait for the sequel. I have learned that stress is not a good remedy to writer's block. And add that to a hellish life of being a sophomore nursing student of Centro Escolar University in the Philippines; imagine the age lines I acquired during the past 2 years! I'm glad I still can pass off as a 16 year old. (I'm actually 18.) Being in Hongkong for 4 days in the summer has inspired me quite a lot to continue what I started a year ago. So without further ado, the fruit of my blood and sweat!
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything. But I do own Meika, this fic, and a bunch of other things that don't involve Gensoumaden Saiyuki.
 
 
CHAPTER 1: SUPERFLUOUS
 
Looking back behind me, I saw how impoverished the village was. The mortal land is so different from the world where I grew up. Heaven—a land of sweet promises for some, but for us cursed with “the fate of the defiled”, it is well we should believe in the saying Tengoku wa Jigoku or “Heaven is Hell.” Because of Heaven's injustice, my brother Nataku locked his mind in his soul and my brother by fate, Homura, died fighting this unfair justice in vain. It is a liberation of some sort that I was given permission to live on earth—away from the constricted and rigid environment that I was so used to everyday since I was born, away from my father who never cared about a daughter like me nor did truly loved but actually used a son like Nataku for his own gain, away from the painful memory of losing the people most important to me.
 
One of the children I had attended to today came up running to me and handed me an orange, a not entirely unwelcome addition to my already heavy load of breads, fruits, vegetables, and rice. “Okaa-san said to give you this. For village and Jiji-sensei.” I smiled at the youngster as I patted his head. “The villagers will be more than happy. Thank you.” I waved at him as he ran back home. I sighed and started to walk back to the old doctor's house.
 
I make rounds of healing and nursing people from door to door. In return, the villagers pay me with food, if they have, or give the provisions to me of their own free will. Since eating is not primarily a necessity for a goddess, I distribute the food to the old crippled village doctor and the underprivileged villagers, only keeping a meager amount for myself so as not to rouse suspicion to my mortality.
 
The villagers are oblivious I'm a goddess. They believe I'm a traveling nun blessed by the Bodhisattvas with the power of healing. It is as well so as to prevent youkais from coming into this village who are after fighting gods after Homura tried to destroy them. Yes, I am now a fighting god. I was assigned in the long vacated position of the title that had stolen Nataku away from me and had caused the untimely demise of Homura. The first female fighting god; it is not exactly a designation of prestige and honor as it implies. A mere killing puppet, a doll of the cynical Heaven. Now, I am half-mortal. To be defeated by the strongest enemy shall be my fatality, as Homura had. After the inauguration, I was dispatched to the mortal world, given the freedom I have always desired. But the true reason I was sent here was that the gods did not have anything for me to do—yet, and that they did not want anything to do with me at all, lest I become as my brothers. And since I'm on mortal land, most of the villages are protected. To disguise my purpose, a traveling nun was made up for my camouflage with the mortals.
 
“Meika-sama! Meika-sama!” The children I have healed and attended waved to me as they came out of their homes to run and play in the streets with the sunset's orange and red sky masking the poverty they are in. I waved back with a smile, balancing all the victuals with one hand. I almost jumped and lost balance, when from behind me, I heard a car horn and tire screeches coming to a halt. I turned around to see who was the owner of the vehicle that almost hit me and almost blew my cover. I soon regretted my decision when right there, before my eyes, were one of the biggest surprises of my new half-mortal life.
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
 
Just love doing cliff-hangers! But I do hate suspense myself. This is just an appetizer of things to come. Please review and read the prequel to this, “Cynical Equlibrium.” Don't expect me to go longer with writing a chapter. Small chapters are my thing. See you all soon. Ja!
P.S.
Bout the title?? Hehe…it means excess or unecessary…like an overflow from the first story…I sometimes feel that I shouldn't have written a sequel, hence the title…