Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Quenching a Thirst ❯ Love Spell ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Quenching a Thirst

by Myka

Chapter 2 "Love Spell" (aka 'you can't run away')

A/N: Much thanks for the wonderful reviews. This is my first Saiyuki fic.

Beta: naaha. Still a gift for her.

~~~

"What the hell is going on?!" Gojyo thought, as he frantically tried to pry Sanzo's hands from his neck. But the monk just wouldn't-let-GO.

"Gojyo," Sanzo whispered again, pulling Gojyo's mouth towards his own once more. Gojyo dodged and Sanzo's lips ended at the corner of his mouth. He finally got a good grip on the monk's hands, detaching them from his neck. But apparently the delirious monk had the need to grab some part of him. Because once Sanzo had lost the battle for Gojyo's neck he just as happily wrapped his arms around the half-youkai's waist and buried his face in the other's chest.

"Gojyo, I love you!" he mused happily, snuggling closer to the redhead.

Gojyo cringed in pure horror as he stared at the top of Sanzo's head, now trying to remove the monk from his waist. "What is wrong with you? You stupid monk!" he screamed, as he shoved both hands at Sanzo's shoulders, struggling to push him off.

Sanzo gazed upward and smiled, seemingly indifferent to Gojyo's resistance. "You're so beautiful," he spoke softly. Gojyo froze… Too creepy.

Sanzo didn't waste any time once Gojyo stopped struggling; he pressed his mouth to the redhead's neck, suckling gently at the skin there. This snapped Gojyo back to his senses instantly; he renewed his attempt to break the death grip the monk had on him. He needed some leverage here, anything! He spotted the small spring, not too far away; an idea jumped into his head. It wasn't his best idea by far and it could end up backfiring big time, but he had to try something to get Sanzo to release him since squirming was obviously not working. People do favors for the ones they love all the time, right? It was worth a shot.

Gojyo stopped moving, allowing Sanzo to snuggle even closer to him. "Hey, Sanzo, can you do me a favor?"

"Anything," Sanzo replied in a purring voice, gazing up at Gojyo.

Gojyo forced a smile on his lips. "Could you go get me some water from that spring over there? I'm kinda thirsty."

Sanzo nodded quickly, finally detaching his arms from Gojyo's waist. Gojyo grinned to himself, but before he could release a sigh of relief, Sanzo grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the spring. "What are you doing?" Gojyo asked quickly. Sanzo stopped briefly, turning his head, blinking at Gojyo. "Didn't you say you were thirsty?" he asked.

Gojyo nodded. "I meant if you could go get me some water while I waited here," he added. Sanzo just gazed at him with a bemused look in his violet eyes.

"Isn't that a little stupid?" the monk asked.

Gojyo blinked; this was not going as he had planned. Not at all. "Please?" he begged nicely. "My feet are just really, really sore and I need to sit down."

Sanzo raised one brow at him suspiciously, a familiar scowl on his face. Gojyo almost panicked and to make his point, he shifted his body and slumped down to the floor, gazing up at Sanzo with the most innocent (and parched) look he could muster. The monk stayed quiet for a while, and for a second Gojyo thought his plan was going to shatter, but then Sanzo released his hand, promptly turning and walked toward the spring.

Gojyo sat there, watching as Sanzo walked away. The monk reached the spring quickly and knelt by it. He turned to look at Gojyo, as if confirming that the redhead was still waiting for him. He smiled.

Gojyo couldn't help the small whimper that escaped his lips. If Sanzo was actually smiling, then something was REALLY wrong. Gojyo pushed his uneasiness aside and returned the smile as best as he could. Sanzo returned his gaze to the water.

Gojyo took a deep breath, bolted to his feet and ran as fast as he could.

~~~

"What?" Goku asked Hakkai, as he took another bite from his meal.

"A scream," Hakkai repeated. "Didn't it sound a little like Gojyo?"

Goku raised his head from his meal, towards his green-eyed friend. He had been concentrating too hard on his meal to notice anything. "I don't know," he shrugged, returning to his food.

Hakkai just smiled and sighed softly to himself. Eventually, he returned to eating too, since no more 'screams' were heard.

A few minutes passed. Goku was almost done eating and Hakkai was starting to wonder why Sanzo and Gojyo had not turned up yet.

Then, there was the sound of rustling leaves. Someone was coming.

Gojyo appeared from behind the mass of trees at a half-run. The first thing Hakkai noticed was that the half-youkai kept glancing behind him as if someone, or something, was after him. Hakkai didn't even have the chance to stand up before Gojyo slumped knees-first right in front of him, a slight glaze of fear showing in his crimson eyes. "Hakkai!" Gojyo breathed out, "there's something wrong with Sanzo. He's acting very weird."

"Weird?" Hakkai asked, confused. Goku, who had already finished eating, moved closer to the pair so he could listen better. "Weird like what?" Hakkai asked, still confused.

Gojyo nodded. "Weird as in weird. He keeps grabbing me… he actually…" Gojyo took a deep breath. "He kissed…"

"Gojyo!"

The half-youkai froze, quickly turning his head only to spot Sanzo coming from the woods with a not-too-happy look on his face. "Why did you run away, Gojyo? You told me you were tired," Sanzo spat. Gojyo scrambled to his feet and made as if to run. He had barely covered a few feet before Sanzo tackled him to the ground, grabbed his head and kissed him fiercely.

Gojyo closed his eyes, a feeling of pure frustration consuming him with the urge to scream. Sanzo kept their mouths together and Gojyo, tired of everything, dropped his arms to the floor and just waited for the monk to stop kissing him. Sanzo eventually did, blinking at Gojyo softly, nuzzling their noses together and finally resting his head on the redhead's chest.

Seven feet away, Hakkai and Goku stared wide-eyed, their mouths hanging down to the ground.

Both could have sworn Gojyo's cheeks held a tone of pink.

~TBC~