Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Return To Innocence ❯ Innocence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return To Innocence
A Gensomaden Saiyuki Fanfiction By enervate

Disclaimer ::: Minekura Kazuya owns G.Saiyuki.

Return To Innocence

Part One: Innocence.

He could feel two silken arms wrapping him tightly, the soft embrace of that warm soul against his cold and lonely heart. Softly, without any hesitation he gave up to that embrace. He breathed the intoxicating scent of those pastel yellow silk arms, the soft folds of the silk robes, the gentle warmth of that love. He buried his face in the strong chest, and there he laid himself, nestled in the cradle of love.

"Koryu." The pair of silken arms pulled the child closer. Komyo Sanzo stroked Koryu's blond hair with tenderness, and placed his lips lightly on the child's forehead. Koryu's only response was a sigh, a beautiful sigh of gratification. He hugged Komyo Sanzo closer, and nuzzled against his chest. "Sanzo-sama..." he murmured as he rested his head against Komyo's chest. One of his hands were clasped tightly around that silken waist, the other pressed against the silken chest. Softly Koryu inhaled. The alluring scent of his master, especially after his bath, seduces him lightly. He stroked Komyo's chest slowly, his little hands against the pastel robes.

Komyo nuzzled Koryu's ear gently. "Koryu." Ah, only he knew how to whisper that name so sensuously! Koryu's lips broke into a smile as he leaned closer to Komyo. He felt tentative of his own desires, but now, all he could think of is to remain here forever, in that enticing embrace, in the place that no one will ever approach.

"Sanzo-sama." Koryu looked up, his amethyst eyes setting a trail of fire as they gazed at the face of his beloved. Softly, Koryu placed one hand on Komyo's face, and pulled him closer. Komyo was surprised by his apprentice's boldness and desperateness in each and every move. He could feel Koryu trying to get his other hand free. Succeeding in doing so, Koryu placed the other on Komyo's face, cupping his cheeks together. "Sanzo-sama..." he whispered. His master remained quiet, his brown eyes searchingly gazed at the child. Koryu's violet orbs reflected nothingness except a flame of longing and urgency.

Koryu opened his mouth a little, a silent gesture of pleading. Komyo did nothing in reply. He himself was too shocked at Koryu's bold moves. He himself came to expect many unexpected things from this talented child, but it never crosses his mind that Koryu will fetch things so far.

Koryu pulled Komyo's face closer to his, slowly, as if asking for permission. He could feel the uncertainty in Komyo's movements, the way he held back in his affections. Why? Don't he love him? Don't he need him the way he does? Softly, he caressed his beloved master's cheek, and pressed his cheeks against the latter's. A sigh of sadness escaped his lips. As his eyelids closed, a solitary tear stroked his cheek. Koryu pulled Komyo close to him and placed his lips on Komyo's. Soon tears began to flood down Koryu's face.

Komyo, who was still taken aback by Koryu's actions, did nothing as he felt those soft little lips kissed him in such an innocent, loving way. All he could do was to accept that kiss gently, despite himself knowing that he was destroying the innocence in the young child. He could feel the bitterness in that kiss, the coldness in that symbol of affection, the despair and sorrow in that love. He pulled back after a moment. Koryu stared back at him, a shadow of hurt crossing over his face in a second. Komyo reached out, wiping Koryu's tear-stained face with the sleeves of his robe. "Koryu, why are you crying?"

At the question, Koryu broke down immediately and sobbed in Komyo's arms. Another shocking moment. The resilient child never cries. But why is he crying now? A thousand syllables of confusion left buried behind Komyo's mind as he slowly calmed his apprentice. This night was just so confusing, just so different, something unexpected that he was left in the midst of everything, unknowing of how to keep himself and the world in one piece in the end.

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

"Don't cry,..." whispered Komyo as he cuddled Koryu closer. Koryu nodded, biting his lip, blinking back more tears. "I,... I,..."

"What is it...?" Komyo asked softly, not wanting to press on further if Koryu declined to do so.

"Don't leave me."

"You know I wouldn't leave you." Komyo comforted Koryu tenderly. Koryu shook his head. "No,... I,.. I just had a premonition that you'll... that you'll............ Sanzo-sama, please stay with me forever..."

"I promise." Komyo's heart ached at the sight of Koryu so painfully requested him to remain. But he did not understand. Something is wrong here. Why, why, why all of a sudden, all of a sudden that Koryu, his beloved apprentice, who are always so quiet, so serious, so calm, so analytical of life, so mysterious even to him, now broke down, broke down all of a sudden? All of a sudden,.... just so all of a sudden...

"Sanzo-sama,......" Koryu drowned his words with another kiss shared with Komyo, as he tasted those unmarred lips with a burning fire. Koryu's arms wrapped around Komyo's neck tightly, his body against those silken robes.

"Just be mine, tonight......"

The moon's silhouette washed the atmosphere with a tinge of dark pleasure, as haunting melodies echoed in the black starlit skies. Those words sank under the sudden waves of change, as the winds howled with sensation and anticipation. The last thing the moon remembered watching before it slipped away from the center stage of heavens, was a child's hand linked tightly with his beloved, lost in fantasy.

It was the first, and last time, that moon will ever witness the story of two souls, chained to the lands, coming together as one. Because then, one of them departed for Heaven.

* * * * * *

Another lightning illuminated the room, another thunder broke the cold silence of the night. Genjo Sanzo sat awake in his bed, his forehead drenched with perspiration. Wiping his forehead with his hand, he glanced around him. The darkness of the night consumed the room steadily as the rain assaulted the sanity of his mind. "That dream,..."

He stared at the starless heavens. The lone moon shone back sadly as if sympathize against what he is going through. Sanzo sighed.

"I thought I have already forgotten altogether about him,... about that night..." His usually solemn expression softened into a sorrowful sigh. He pulled the coverlets around him, and slowly hugged the warm sheets. The sense of security enveloped him gently, casting a surreal peace in that tormented soul. It feels just like,...

Just like the way Sanzo-sama once held me in his arms,... that strangely comforting embrace, that forbidden love,... that amorous night...

K'so [Damn],.....

Sanzo got up from his bed, casting everything aside. The rain poured even more heavier, much to Sanzo's annoyance. Feeling all upset, he slipped on his slippers and trod downstairs for a light drink.

* * * * * *

When he approached the kitchen, he immediately knew he wasn't alone.

"..." He raised his eyebrows when he spotted Goku on the dining table, with a plateful of dumplings in front of him, steamed buns on his left and chicken on his right. Goku was eating a dumpling dreamily, and didn't notice Sanzo's presence there until,...

A paper fan landed squarely on his head.

"Sanzo?! What was that for?" Goku complained as he rubbed his head. Sanzo frowned as he slumped into a seat opposite Goku, a drink in his hand.

"You should know what it is for, baka." retorted Sanzo as he took a sip from his drink. Goku scratched his head. "I can't figure what it is for, Sanzo. Why did you hit me?"

Always so dumb,... always too innocent.... Sanzo shook his head. "Forget about it." Goku shrugged, and continued his midnight feasting. Sanzo sat down there, silent, only watching Goku swallow one food after the other. Always so dumb,... always too innocent.... Goku was aware of Sanzo staring at him. Immediately he looked up.

"Doushtano [What's the matter], Sanzo?"

"Nothing." Sanzo drained the remnants of his glass, and stood up. "Finish your supper and get your sleep, Goku. We're traveling far tomorrow." With those words, Sanzo turned around and left.

"Sanzo,..."

"Yes?"

"... urm,...mmm,..rrrmm..hhm...mmmrrhhmmm??"

"Do not talk with your mouth full, baka." Sanzo scolded Goku. Patiently he waited for Goku to swallow everything. "So what is it?"

"Can you stay until I finish eating everything?" Goku pleaded, his eyes puppy-like. Sanzo frowned. "What for?"

"The innkeeper scolded me yesterday for having a midnight supper, remember? He said that he is afraid that I won't be able to pay for all this food." explained Goku. Sanzo frowned deeper. "I thought I have settled that bill."

"Yeah, but what if he comes here again tonight? Then he will scold me again. But if you are here, you can pay in immediately, and he won't scold me." Goku explained, grinning. "Please, Sanzo?"

"I'll give you my charge card. If he complains, tell him to charge to my account." Sanzo reached for the folds behind his robes. Nothing. Immediately he groaned silently. He left his charge card in his robes in his room. He don't feel like walking up and down again twice.

"You win, baka. I'll stay here." Sanzo sat down, took a newspaper and began to read. He could hear the continuous munching from Goku's side. Shaking his head, he flipped to the next page and continued his reading.

Time ticked away so slowly. The rain poured endlessly. The whole world seems to be so still. He could only hear the synchronized rhythm of the rain pelting the roofs, the metronome of those seemingly endless beats,...

Something is amiss.

Sanzo put down his newspaper, and turned around. There, behind the mountain of dumplings and steamed buns and chicken drumsticks, cute little innocent Goku lay sleeping peacefully.

"Hn." Sanzo's lips curled into a rare smile. It seems unlikely for Goku to sleep before so much food!

"Ooi, Goku." Sanzo shook Goku lightly. Goku remained deep in slumber. Sanzo sighed. "You're not supposed to sleep here, baka." Seeing that Goku is really deep in sleep, Sanzo decided to carry him upstairs.

Slowly, he scooped the sleeping child into his arms. Strangely enough, Goku felt light to him. Sanzo walked upstairs quietly, not wanting to wake Goku up.

He pushed the door to Goku's room slowly. The door made a small creaking noise. Sanzo closed the door behind him. Slowly he placed Goku onto the bed. It was then he only realized that Goku had his hands around him.

"Baka saru." Sanzo cursed as he tried to lift Goku's arms from him, only to realize that Goku was hugging him really tight. "Ooi, Goku..." Sanzo shook Goku, but the monkey still didn't budge.

"I will definitely kill you now." swore Sanzo as he tried to pry Goku off him again. No avail. Frustrated, Sanzo sat there on Goku's bed, with Goku hugging him and sleeping peacefully. Sanzo stared out at the window. The rain calmed down into a drizzle. Somewhere, another thunder rang through the night. "Don't tell me it is another storm..." Sanzo frowned. Things seems to be better now, but it could get worse later...

"Sanzo,..."

Sanzo turned around immediately. Just exactly what he need. "Goku, take your hands off."

Goku was staring at him from those sleepy eyes, subconscious. "Hmm??"

"Quit hugging me, baka!"

"Sanzo,..."

"Get your hands off me."

Goku released his 'lock' from Sanzo, his head still resting against Sanzo's shoulder. "Sanzo,..."

"What is it?"

"Can you give me a hug?"

Sanzo stared at Goku, bewildered. "For what?"

Goku looked down. "Well,... I haven't feel what it is like to be hugged. Just wondering."

"You're kidding me. You asked me to hug you just to know how it feels like?"

"But,..." Goku bit his lips, and slowly he continued. "... but you just don't know what it feels like,... being trapped there for 500 years, all alone without anyone, without any light or guidance, without any people to care for you,... when all you can do is imagine how it feels like to reach for the stars and the blue heavens above." Goku stopped, sighing. "I guess that's... well, I just want to feel how it is like,... that's all."

"Baka saru." Sanzo muttered. "Hugging you once in my life is enough [1], and you want me to repeat it again?"

"You did hug me before?" Goku asked, his eyes widened.

"... just some idiot was already unconscious to even know about it." retorted Sanzo, deeply annoyed. Outside, the rain began to pour heavily again. Things indeed turn from bad to worse...

"Still then, can I have another hug now, please?" Goku pleaded, eyes starry and grinning hopefully. Sanzo took out his paper fan,...

WHAM!

"It hurts!" complained Goku as he rubbed his head. "Sanzo, please?"

Sanzo gritted his teeth. "Can't you just understand that a -" A no is a no?

Ah, he could not bring himself to complete the sentence. The image of Komyo Sanzo flashed before his mind. He could hear the distant calling of Koryu, calling out for his master. He could hear the empty footsteps against the cold reality as he left the temple when his master was assassinated. It was then that he himself never knew the beautiful life of his would end so immediately. He never knew that the day was the last day. What if tomorrow never comes...

"Fine. Once is once." Sanzo half-heartedly agreed. Goku immediately gave Sanzo a bear hug, which Sanzo reluctantly accepted. He could feel the warmth radiated from Goku's body against his. Slowly, Goku cuddled himself in Sanzo's embrace, his face beaming with happiness. Sanzo's tense expression began to soften. He could see Goku's innocent dreamy expression as he cuddled closer to Sanzo.

Innocence.

Goku,...

You reminded me of the past. Of a long lost memory, of an episode of tragedy long buried beneath the sands of time, of my broken childhood that I wish not to reminisce.

"Goku." Sanzo pulled the young one closer, and hugged him tighter. Goku felt light in his arms. So light, and so small, so fragile, like a sheet of thin glass, strong and yet fragile. Sanzo mused. This must have been what Komyo Sanzo-sama felt when he had me in his arms. He could feel Goku shifting lightly in his embrace. Goku closed his eyes, his expression still unchanging, still ever that dreamy. Slowly, softly, tenderly, Sanzo planted a light kiss on his forehead.

"Oyasumi nasai, baka saru."

Goku was already fast asleep. Sanzo remained in his position, embracing the tired Goku in his arms.

Innocence.

Yes, he is too innocent. He is still like a child, unmarred, a white cloth, unstained.

Even in that request, he was altogether innocent. I cannot destroy that innocence. I have no heart to do so.

Even though that moment was reflected in that rusted mirror of memories, Koryu was Koryu, and Goku is Goku. Koryu knew many things, Koryu was already tainted with blood before he steps on his journey of soul searching. Goku,... Goku is eternally innocent, forever living in the shell of protection and faraway love.

Sanzo sighed. "Well, whatever it may be, will be." Slowly, he let go of his embrace, almost reluctantly,...

... but Goku still remain clinging to him.

"Now I'll kill you for certain." Sanzo scowled. He tried getting Goku off him again, but to no avail [again]. Seeing Goku's complacent expression, Sanzo erased all thoughts of waking him up.

"Fine. You win, again." Sanzo sighed. He is getting sleepy too. "I don't care about this, Goku, but if you fell off the bed when I sleep later, it is not my fault. And I want the blanket."

He laid himself [and Goku] down slowly. Pulling the blankets over both of them, Sanzo closed his eyes into a sweet slumber, deep in an embrace with the little innocent saru.

~ End of 'Innocence' ~

[1] - Refer to Episode 22 of the anime, Devastation. Remember the Scorpion Lady incident? And about Sanzo hugging Goku?

Well, this chapter is written when I finished watching that episode, so I am clueless that Sanzo will give Goku another hug during the 2nd-last episode. So, I make a reference here that Sanzo only hugged Goku once before.. but you people know it is TWO hugs... hehehe!

Review, onegai!