Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 12: Undercover Priestess ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: Undercover Priestess

Shyirin jumped one roof after another. Over valley of rooftops, she grew tired and stopped. She sat on the dusty roof and looked at the sunset.

`Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?' she thought.

The evening wind blew through her hair as she released the pins from her hair. She sat in a reflective moment for a while.

"Sanzo… Why did I trust you in the first place? Why was I so stupid to fall in love with you?" she cried out in anger.

She wanted to let it all out. The pigeons around flew away.

"Maybe that's because we were both stupid enough to fall in love."

"H--?"

"No more questions. Listen to me." Sanzo said.

He held Shyirin's hand tightly in his grip.

Shyirin struggled and replied, "Why should I? After all I've done, what have you done for me?" Shyirin pulled herself away from Sanzo.

"I loved you…" she whispered and pulled out both of her Desert Eagles.

"Why did you do it, Sanzo? Why? I… I… I… trusted you…"

"Shyirin, don't get me wrong… I'm still in love with you…"

"LIAR!"

Shyirin fired a shot that cut Sanzo's robe on the shoulder. Sanzo looked sternly at Shyirin and pulled both her Desert Eagles close to his chest.

"Come on. Since you hate me so much, shoot me."

"Let go!"

"Shyirin, just do it if you hate me so much! Right here where you have me, at my weakest point, unarmed! Come on, Shyirin, don't you have the guts to shoot me!"

Shyirin was at her breaking point.

"I don't want to kill you… So don't make me!"

"Then, let me make you angry! Did you know that Hikari was a better kisser than you? I didn't want to kiss her. She pulled me to her. Her soft blossom lips on mine…"

"STOP IT!"

"I wanted to push her away but I did not know what to do at that time. Hikari was also in love with me. So there's your story, right there, point blank. If you want to hate me for that, then go ahead."

Shyirin's defense dropped and she began to cry. Sanzo walked towards her and replied.

"Hate me if you must. I won't mind it. I know that I'm unkind and uncaring. I don't even know how to take care of very fragile things like hearts or feelings. So, if you hate me, then you do what you like. I am willing to receive any punishment without fighting back or any given conditions."

Shyirin began to breakdown. Warm tears slipped through her eyes. Her soft hand touched Sanzo's face and she pushed herself away from Sanzo.

"Sanzo… I… I… I just can't… I…!"

Shyirin turned away and accidentally slipped down the slippery terracotta roof and into the dark forest below, hoping the fall would kill her. She was falling from him again.

"Shyirin!"

He jumped off the roof and chased after her.

Down below, Shyirin had sprained her ankle. It was like destiny was against her.

God, why won't you let me just die?

With a little energy and pride left in her, she crawled forward and hid behind a bush. She closed her face in shame, hoping not to be found and wished that something would have killed her sooner. How could she have ever doubt Sanzo? Her one true love, her savior… Shyirin put the gun into her mouth and cried slowly… she wanted to die… she wanted to die for her mistakes…She closed her eyes and hoped she have the strength to pull the trigger. Suddenly, she felt a hard blow on her face and something that was stronger than her pulling away the gun in her clutches. She opened her eyes and Sanzo was standing right in front of her angry and sad at the same time. Sanzo knelt down and pulled Shyirin closer.

"WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO PROVE TO ME? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Shyirin, if you did that, what use is it? Stop struggling now, Shyirin. Enough is enough."

Shyirin felt weak. There was no more dignity left in her.

"Sanzo, I'm so sorry. I… I… I…"

Shyirin began to weep softly in Sanzo's arms.

"Sanzo, I love you… don't leave me. Don't leave me alone again. I've waited so long."

Sanzo kissed Shyirin's soft forehead and he felt his eyes beginning to water. His heart grew a little mellow and he held Shyirin tenderly in his embrace.

"I won't."

Shyirin began to feel weaker and weaker. She wanted to die right there, but she couldn't. Sanzo said softly,

"Idiot."

Shyirin smiled and closed her eyes. Sanzo's heartbeat ran faster.

`Is this what I want? Maybe… maybe it's because I want her here with me for the rest of my life… what is this I'm feeling?' he thought.

"Hey, Shyirin, I -"

He stopped. Shyirin was already asleep in his arms. Sanzo smiled while gazing at her sleeping face.

"Idiot."

Shyirin's eyes blinked. Opening and closing, opening and closing. She got up slowly. She looked around. This was the same room she was in before. Where was Sanzo? He was not around, she thought. She felt her ankle. It was okay again. She put her feet on the cold floor. Shyirin looked around again.

"Where am I? Why am I here? The last place I remember was the jungle, in his arms… but… I can't remember."

She tried to remember but it was not very useful. Just then, Sanzo entered through the back door. He placed his hand on Shyirin's shoulder. Warm… Shyirin put her hands on his. Sanzo turned Shyirin down and laid her down on the bed. He moved in closer and she could hear every single breath. Sanzo put his lips on hers. Soft… warm… Shyirin closed her eyes and responded quickly. Shyirin put her hands on Sanzo's back and clenched hard. Sanzo loved Shyirin more than anything else in the world; he wanted to give her his share of love. The kiss was demanding that Shyirin could not tear herself away. She gave herself in. Sanzo could not help himself. It was like this was out of his control. It was not his mind controlling him. It was more of his feelings that overpowered him. This is a once in a lifetime chance… I don't think I can do it more often… might as well I just give in… Shyirin felt Sanzo's body against hers. Sanzo moved his lips towards Shyirin's neck. He placed his mark there. Shyirin ran her fingers around his soft golden hair. Then, they both heard something crashing on the floor. They both broke off and began blushing. It was the rest of the gang.

"We didn't mean to crash in."

Both the Xu sisters giggled. Sanzo moved away from Shyirin. He was blushing all red. Hakkai laughed.

"Well, well. Sanzo is getting better each day." Gojyo teased.

Everyone was happy except for one little girl in the corner. Hikari looked devastated. Her heart began crashing down. There was nothing she could do to change Sanzo's mind. He had his eyes only for Shyirin.

Hakkai called out, "Come on people. Let's leave this two alone to finish what they haven't."

The rest laughed and walked out of there. Sanzo followed them out. Shyirin smiled a weak smile. Sanzo would always stay true to her, no matter what.

Shyirin loaded her guns and walked out of the room. She had to finish what she came here for. She crept out slowly. Only the moon was her light. She walked silently, hoping not to wake anybody up.

I've got to settle things once and for all… Can't let Sanzo know…

"Can't let me know what?"

Shyirin turned. Sanzo was standing in the doorway, holding a cigarette in his hand. Shyirin sighed. "Sanzo, please. I have no time for games now. I need to go now."

"Where?" Shyirin bit her lip.

"That is nothing for you to know. I have unsettled business here."

"It's the Godhuntress, isn't it?"

The ember of the cigarette flared. Sanzo's violet eyes stared at Shyirin.

"The reason why Kanzeon Bosatsu sent you here is to eliminate the Godhuntress. It's like a life and death mission, Shyirin. Are you willing to take the risk?" Sanzo asked.

"I had my reasons. I'm not like you, Sanzo. I won't delay my missions. I must settle it fast."

"So, looks like I'm right. You didn't come back here for us. You came back on a mission."

"It's not like that. Of course, I came back to finish the mission and at the same time, I wanted to see you. Look, Sanzo, this is no time to argue. I have to find her as soon as possible."

Sanzo pushed his fringe up, dropped his cigarette and walked towards Shyirin. He held her hands and kissed her cheek. Shyirin let out a cry of surprise.

"Come back safely," he whispered in her ear.

Shyirin blushed. She couldn't resist his charm. She put her arms around Sanzo, assuring she'll come back without any word spoken. Charming and shy was how Shyirin described Sanzo. Shyirin let go of Sanzo and ran off another way. Sanzo turned his eyes on the burning cigarette and stepped on it. Then, he smacked his forehead.

"Damn! Was that the best I can do? I should've done better…" he whispered.

Unnoticed, Hikari was watching them all the while. She felt pain and anger both hammering her heart. Maybe they were right after all. Sanzo's heart does belong only to Shyirin. She crept back into her room, her face on her pillow and let all the tears run free.