Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 13: Dangerous Games ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: Dangerous Games

In the dark forest, Shyirin armed herself. The forest was thick. The atmosphere was tensed. It was like someone else was in the forest beside her. She looked around.

"So, Shyirin, I didn't expect to meet you here…,"

"Homura…"

Shyirin looked up. Homura, the muscular god with his long locks of raven black hair and those forsaken eyes looked back. He leapt down.

"You must be here for that Godhuntress."

Shyirin nodded.

"And I believe we're being watched…"

"Damn right you are…"

Shyirin turned and saw the mysterious masked Godhuntress, arming herself with her giant sword. Shyirin got ready her guns, ready to engage into battle.

"So, you've come. How promising…"replied the Godhuntress.

Shyirin smirked.

"I guess which should go into battle now."

Homura unsheathed his flaming sword and ready to commence attack. The pressure was tense, the air was thick and there was silence. Shyirin loaded her guns. The Godhuntress grinned and began her move. She waved her sword and chanted a mantra. Shyirin fired a shot but there was no avail. Her shot was reflected back.

The Godhuntress yelled, "Killing combo move 1: Earthbreak!"

Shyirin felt the ground shake violently. The Godhuntress jumped and plunged her sword on the earth around her. Shyirin saw the earth rise higher than her. Homura leapt high, clutching Shyirin from the attack. The earth sank below and both Shyirin and Homura nearly got buried alive. Homura was panting. Shyirin looked. Homura was hurt from the attack. He was bleeding immensely. The Godhuntress waved her sword and started another mantra. Shyirin thought to herself.

God, this is a major conflict. Her attack nearly killed both me and Homura. If I don't think of a way fast, both of us will be dead by the third attack.

Homura used his powers and healed himself.

"It looks like she put a protective reflect spell during the mantra chant. I guess the only the only way to attack her is she is not chanting."

Homura said. Shyirin nodded in agreement. The first shot was reflected. Is there any other way to save them? Or will this be the end of everything? Shyirin finally got an idea.

"The moment after she unleashes the second attack, we should attack her by then."

Homura thought a while and finally agreed. The Godhuntress grinned and cried,

"Killing combo move 2: Windbreak!" she used her sword and swung it.

Homura dodged the attack but Shyirin didn't.

Homura attacked from behind and managed to cut Godhuntress from behind. The Godhuntress had great attacks but she was a weak thing. Her back was lightly cut but it was enough for the Godhuntress. She leapt high into the trees and replied,

"I'll be back… not today, but soon…"

The crafty Godhuntress disappeared into the thickness of the forest. Homura turned to Shyirin. Shyirin received a deep wound leg.

"Looks like I can't return home that easily."

Homura transported Shyirin and him back at the manor. Then, Homura disappeared. Shyirin crawled towards the door and gave a soft knock. It was Hikari. She looked at Shyirin with full of hatred. She grabbed a knife and wanted to strike at Shyirin. Shyirin couldn't move and closed her eyes as if this was the end. Then, she heard the knife fall to the floor. She opened her eyes. Hikari looked frightened. It was Sanzo. He unarmed Hikari and punched her out. Hikari fell unconscious on the ground, like a dummy. Sanzo gently took Shyirin in his arms and walked away from the scene.

Back at the room, Sanzo sat together with Shyirin, stroking her hair. Shyirin laid her head on Sanzo's lap. Sanzo was getting a bit too soft. Shyirin sat up and said,

"You shouldn't have punched Hikari like that."

"But she could've killed you. I did it for defense."

"But…"

Sanzo shushed her lips and replied,

"Say no more. I want to protect you at all cost, understand?"

Shyirin nodded, though she knew in her heart that it was wrong. She laid herself to sleep; hoping things would be alright by tomorrow.

Sanzo thought to himself, "If there was one choice I want to make, I wish to spend my whole lifetime with her. She may not be gorgeous, or smart, or cute, but she is an angel to me, the most beautiful woman on earth. And I'm thankful about it."

Shyirin couldn't sleep. Her mind was aroused with so many questions. She looked up. Sanzo was still awake.

"Sanzo?"

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, I just couldn't sleep."

She sat up and put her head on Sanzo's shoulder.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Let's talk about you, Sanzo. What happened after I was gone?"

"Oh, the usual. We finished our purpose and we are free now."

Shyirin smiled.

"I wished you'd talk more about your adventures."

"You sound like a little girl."

Shyirin gave a gay laugh.

"Of course I'm still a small girl and still growing. I'm only 15. What did you expect?"

Sanzo sighed. He sounded too tired to argue.

"So, what's on in the Real World?"

"A lot, actually. But… I don't want to think about them. I'll only receive a bad headache."

Shyirin gritted her teeth in pain. Sanzo put his hands on Shyirin's head and massaged her soft forehead. She felt calm and rather relieved. She looked at her own reflection in the mirror. She wished Sanzo would say more. She wished Sanzo had the right words to say. She wished Sanzo could see her as a different person now. She had already grown up, or so say her friends. To Sanzo's eyes, she was still that 14 year old girl he saw before. Shyirin sighed in despair. Sanzo put his arms around Shyirin.

"Why sigh?"

"I'm just thinking too much."

Shyirin looked at the reflection in the mirror. There is now a picture of her and Sanzo in the mirror. How beautiful it would be if both of them were always destined to be together forever. Shyirin turned herself around and snuggled into Sanzo's warm embrace. Shyirin thought of Hikari. Pitiful girl, she loved Sanzo as well. Shyirin sighed and thought of how lucky she was. Lucky, lucky, lucky to be in love…

The next day, it started raining heavily. Sanzo sat inside and started to smoke. Shyirin went out to pray in the shrine. She said she wanted to repent her sins. Hakkai and Goku went out shopping. Hikari must've awakened by then. Gojyo's probably doing something else. Ying Hui and the rest must've gone praying as well. He wondered whether he was alone by himself here in the mansion.

Gojyo was in his room, thinking about Ying Hui and her broken promises. What did he do to ever deserve this? He heard a tiny knock on the door. It was Li Shi, the elder of the Xu sisters.

"May I enter?"

"I don't see why not."

Li Shi meekly entered the room and sat down. Gojyo was gazing out into the scenery.

"Are you still mad?"

"No, why should I?"

"Well, to begin with…" Gojyo smiled at Li Shi.

He replied, "Li Shi, I'm not mad about the other day."

He put his hand on Li Shi's head.

"I'm alright. Maybe you were right. I guess things change."

Li Shi looked down.

"Do you want to go out tonight with me to the Goddess of Mercy's birthday celebration in town?" Li Shi enquired. Gojyo gazed at the scenery outside.

"Why not? Sounds like fun."

Gojyo smiled. Li Shi face brightened a little.

"Really?"

"I guess… since Sanzo hasn't anything else to do except be with Shyirin now."

Li Shi jumped out of her seat.

"Thanks a lot! I guess it's a deal then!"

She put out her little pinky.

"You have to put your pinky and shake mine then it's only a promise!"

Gojyo laughed and put his little finger around hers.

"Okay! It's a deal then!"

Li Shi smiled and ran out of the room, feeling happy that Gojyo is going out with her.

Sanzo peered out of the window with the sutra in his hand. Shyirin was on her knees outside the rain, facing the great willow tree. It looks like she was paying respects.

Stupid girl! Does she want to catch a cold? I better go and invite her in…

Sanzo let go of the sutra, grabbed an umbrella in his hand and walked outside.

Shyirin looked up in the sky. It had begun to rain. She felt a drop trickle down her cheek. Then, it began to get heavier and heavier. Shyirin closed her eyes and felt the cool water on her. Her whole self was damp from the rain. She stood by the large pond that the willow overlooked and let the rain fall on her. Then, she felt no rain for a while. She saw Sanzo behind her and smiled.

"Shyirin, don't be an idiot and catch a cold by standing in the rain. Let's go inside now."

Sanzo said. Shyirin shook her head and sat down by the pond. She put her feet into the water and then, she moved into the neck-length pond. She swam inside and laughed,

"You'll have to get me out first."

Sanzo bit his lip and felt a little annoyed. He didn't like getting wet neither did he like the rain. Sanzo saw Shyirin disappear into the water.

"Shyirin?!" he cried as he looked around.

Then, he felt a push from his back and the next thing he felt was water hitting his face. He pulled himself above the waters and gasped. Shyirin laughed beside him.

"How did you--?"

"Simple. I transported my shadow behind you and kept myself invisible."

She laughed again as Sanzo smacked his forehead. Shyirin saw a very annoyed Sanzo before her. She softly said,

"Im sorry. I forgot you hated getting your robe wet and rainy days."

He kept quiet as she looked at Sanzo. Shyirin felt uncomfortable as Sanzo frowned. Shyirin turned around.

"Fine, fine! I'll get out of this pond and go back inside."

She was going to swim away but Sanzo held her back. Shyirin turned and asked,

"You still mad?"

Sanzo's head was looking down and he softly said,

"I'm not mad… I'm just not in the mood…"

Shyirin moved towards Sanzo and pushed his fringe away.

"Let's go…" she replied and smiled.

Sanzo noticed the glow in her eyes and shook his head.

"Let's stay a little while longer…"

The rain hit against them and the water mercilessly. Shyirin felt Sanzo's hand holding hers tightly. "I was just thinking about losing you like losing Komyo Sanzo… The moment you disappeared from the water, I thought that the Godhuntress or something must've got you…"

Shyirin smiled and said,

"You'll never lose me… See? I'm still standing right in front of you. There's nothing to fear about."

She put her arms around Sanzo and held him tightly in her warm embrace. Shyirin felt as if she was holding a cold block of ice in her arms. Sanzo looked as if his soul wasn't there. He pushed Shyirin away and Shyirin fell back into the water.

"This isn't right…" she whispered.

She stood up right again and walked towards Sanzo again. She wanted to touch his shoulder and made sure he was feeling alright. Sanzo, like possessed, grabbed Shyirin's arm and pulled her up in the air. Shyirin felt her arm in pain and her knees touching the water. She felt her arm being squeezed hard and she gritted her teeth in pain.

"Don't you dare--!"

His words stopped as he saw a very teary Shyirin clinging by the support of his hand.

"Sanzo, you're hurting my arm…"

Sanzo awoke from the moment. Sanzo noticed that he was holding Shyirin's arm up in the air with his hand. She gritted her teeth in pain. Sanzo let go of her and Shyirin sank slowly into the water. She held her arm in one hand and began to cry. It was very painful as Sanzo had a lot of strength. Tears fell to the water like the rain. The only thing Sanzo could not stand seeing was Shyirin's tears. Sanzo towards Shyirin and lifted her face up. Tears streamed down her face. She thought Sanzo was going to strike her face next.

She pleaded, "Please, Sanzo, don't hurt me."

Sanzo felt his heart twitched in pain.

`I promised to protect her… why am I hurting her?'

Sanzo held Shyirin's arm as Shyirin flinched in pain. Sanzo noticed Shyirin's arm was all bruised by only the force of his hand. Shyirin sobbed softly. She thought Sanzo was going to hurt her more. Instead, Sanzo pulled Shyirin's face towards his and wiped her tears. He placed his lips on Shyirin's and released his warmth. Shyirin returned it back as much as well. The kiss grew deeper and demanding. The urge grew immensely strong and their movements began to turn in motion. Sanzo pulled Shyirin's whole body into the water as they show their affection underwater. The bubbles floated above and Shyirin felt all pain disappear. She felt Sanzo's real self return back in him. The motion stopped and the both of them swam up to get air. Sanzo held Shyirin's other hand and the both of them swam back to shore. Sanzo got out and pulled her out of the blue waters. Shyirin wiped her tears away. The rain stopped and the sun began to shine once more.

"Let's go…" she said.

Suddenly, something hit Shyirin's head hard. Shyirin felt herself weak and unstable from the blow. She held on to Sanzo for support.

Sanzo whispered, "If you're feeling unwell, let me give you a piggy-back ride."

Shyirin nodded without hesitation. Sanzo bent a little and Shyirin rested herself on his back. The two of them moved to the room as Gojyo watched them from afar. He grinned to himself.

`If there's one thing that could make Sanzo change, it would be Shyirin. How I wish I had a girl who have real emotions towards me and not false love…'