Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 14: My Little Date ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14: My Little Date

Gojyo was waiting by the gate. His sleek crimson hair tied up in a ponytail. He wore as normally as he usually does. He leaned against the thick wall. The sound of the wind-chimes could be heard tinkling softly like angels playing melody on stars. The leaves rustled as the wind blew them place to place.

"Gojyo?" a voice enquired.

Li Shi was wearing a dark magenta dress that made her skin look radiant and ruby earrings to match her awkward pink hair. Her salmon pink lips matched her eyes like the stars and the moon. Gojyo looked at her a while. The color she was wearing reminded him of his stepmother. The color his stepmother hated most… Li Shi smiled and walked towards him.

"Well, are you ready to go?" Li Shi asked.

Gojyo just nodded without saying a word. The two of them stepped out of the manor and headed off to town.

"A beautiful sunset, don't you agree?" Hakkai exclaimed. Ying Hui nodded her head in agreement. Hakkai leaned against the terrace fence. He liked to see the sun as it descended down to Earth.

"Hakkai was it wrong for me to leave Gojyo?" she asked. Hakkai kept silent. The wind-chimes tinkled again. Ying Hui's hair danced to the wind's rhythm.

"I know that what I've done has hurt him badly. It's just that… I feel so afraid to love again… I was so in love with my previous husband that I was too blind to see the love he showered me with. The love I will never received again… it was controversy between my clan and his that made me choose the lonely life again. I bet he is still searching for me… I felt that Gojyo was another guy just to quench my thirst for love until I meet my husband again. I left Gojyo because I didn't want to hurt him any deeper. I guess I wanted him to have the best from a girl who loves him more than her life itself," she continued.

Hakkai sighed at her answer. His face turned serious as well. The wind blew once again as if to whisper the answers to their problems but could not be heard. Hakkai replied,

"Ying Hui, if you really love that someone, you should return back to him. Nothing else matters as long as two people love each other. I once too was loved but the one I love is gone because I couldn't protect her. Now, it's too late and I can't turn back the time to save her once again. Life goes on. We have to accept things as it is. We should look up to the future and I know three people who share the same road like me."

Ying Hui looked at Hakkai and smiled thinly.

"I guess you're right. I should return to my loved one soon enough. After this whole Godhuntress thing is over, I shall go back to the place I belong and be with him again."

Hakkai smiled and watched the sun go down slowly once again.

In the streets of the town center, Li Shi and Gojyo looked around as the celebration went on. Gojyo was very silent along the whole celebration. He's been thinking a lot about his stepmother and the other things that occurred. He walked a few steps and turned around. Li Shi was not with him anymore. She was standing far behind. He made his way back to Li Shi and looked at her face. She was feeling a little upset.

"What's wrong now?"

"Is it because of me?" she asked.

Gojyo sighed at the poor girl.

"No, it's not you. It's not the dress; it's not the make-up nor is it anything else."

Li Shi turned her face away and bit her lip.

"It was Ying Hui, wasn't it?"

"Well…"

Gojyo looked at the poor girl again. She was feeling upset because he was feeling upset as well. Li Shi put her hand on her heart and weakly smiled. She replied,

"If you wish to go back now to Ying Hui, I won't mind. I'll be okay by myself in this celebration."

Gojyo looked at her in surprise. Her voice sounded so insincere in one way. He shook his head and replied,

"Ying Hui is the past. Let's go. I wouldn't want to spoil my only date and make a girl cry."

She looked up with a little hope.

Gojyo winked and said,

"Besides, that would only make me ask her out again."

Li Shi smiled and flipped her hair to the back. Gojyo liked the smell of cherry blossom that she kept in a small vial around her neck. Gojyo felt a little light-hearted as he continued on his date with Li Shi.

Shyirin touched her forehead. She felt a pearl of sweat drop off her chin. She stood up and took her gun from the table, twirling it around her finger and aimed. Then, she felt something hit her hard in her head and she dropped to her knees again. With a little will, she stood up on her feet. She heard a knock on the door and Hakkai entered.

"Shyirin, you shouldn't get up. You should be in bed."

She took her guns wit her and loaded her ammo.

"I must go. I've got to complete my mission…I-"

She felt her heart pierce again. Hakkai helped her up and made her sit on the bed.

"You're unwell. So is Sanzo. That is the consequences you have to face for playing too much in the rain."

"But-"

"You should have some rest. The Godhuntress can wait. Just relax for now and get better at least. Mei Shi and Ying Hui had prepared dinner for the both of you." Hakkai commented.

Shyirin looked around.

"Where's Sanzo?"

Hakkai grinned and replied, "He's in the other room, sick as well."

He snatched Shyirin's guns away from her and took all her weapons away.

"I've got to put these items away. Eat your dinner and don't move around much. I'm going to Sanzo's room to give him his set of dinner."

He walked out of the room, carrying a tray in his other hand. Shyirin looked at her sad meal of fried lettuce, rice, a chunk of chicken fried with black Soya sauce and miso soup. She picked up her chopsticks and started her meal slowly.

The pair decided to go home after a sumptuous meal in a nearby restaurant and walking around the town. Li Shi laughed at Gojyo's jokes and his charming smile. Gojyo felt attracted to Li Shi's behavior. She was girl trying to grow up into a woman but caught up in the middle. Li Shi's laugh felt like a thousand melodies of a thousand angels. The way she flipped her hair was like a slow-motion. The way her eyes sparkled like gemstones attracted him. Rather in other words, he was smitten to Li Shi.

"Gojyosama, it was a nice night, wasn't it?"

"Yeah…"

Li Shi flipped her hair back again and continued, "Gojyosama, I'm sorry if I was such a burden to you…"

Gojyo looked at her and laughed out loud, "Li Shi, you're fine the way you are! Honestly, I haven't had any fun since then."

Li Shi blushed and stopped. She put her hand on her hair and said, "You really think so?"

Gojyo stopped as well and replied, "Sure do. All the time I was mostly chasing after demons and under corrupt monk's strict rules, I had no time to have fun with girls at all. But seriously, you're the best of all girls I've met. Being with other girls made me feel uneasy but with you, I feel much relax."

Li Shi felt her heart leap for the stars. She smiled and kissed Gojyo's cheek. "Thank you. I feel much better."

Gojyo's heart throbbed. The kiss was so sincere and simple; it needn't anything else to add on to it. Gojyo moved closer towards to Li Shi's face. Her little heart beat faster and faster.

This is it.

Gojyo placed his lips on Li Shi's lips and pulled Li Shi closer. Her heart throbbed more. Gojyo pulled Li Shi to feel her cherry lips more. The cherry blossom vial broke between her chest and the smell aroused around them. Gojyo felt madly in love. Was this the girl with real emotions? Every single kiss was so pure and sincere. Gojyo felt that maybe Li Shi was the one for him. Li Shi whispered in her heart, 'Thank you for making my dreams come true…'

The stars flickered on them like spotlights as the two of them had their little tale of romance.

Shyirin got up from the room and walked to the next room. She knocked but no one answered. She opened the glass door and walked in. Sanzo was fast asleep. Shyirin looked at the moonlight reflected onto his skin. She sat down on the bed and stroked Sanzo's hair softly. Shyirin felt sorry for him because she got him sick in the first place. She lay on the bed, facing his sweet asleep face and continued stroking his hair. Sanzo was like a sleeping dream, displayed right before her eyes. He opened his eyes slowly and Shyirin stared into the soft violet eyes of his. She placed her finger on his mouth and silenced him. She kissed his warm forehead.

"Go to sleep."

Sanzo pulled Shyirin near him and felt her against his warm body. Shyirin looked at him lovingly and kissed his soft lips.

"Please rest now. I'll be here. Don't worry. I'll be here with you for the whole night."

She whispered softly and rested Sanzo's on her chest. Sanzo closed his eyes and fell asleep in the warm arms of a Goddess.