Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 2, Chapter 22: Let Me Be With You ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22: Let Me Be With You

Shyirin began packing her stuff, one at a time into her dusty carrier bag. Her mission was done and now, she was going to leave again but this time without them knowing at all. Her hair was neatly done up into a ponytail while she was dressed in her school uniform, all ready for school. She knew that she would be transported back to where she had left off, right before school started. She neatly made her bed, and stealthily opened the door. Shyirin sat down and began putting her shoes.

"Leaving already?"

Shyirin turned. It was Sanzo. She turned away and smiled.

"I was hoping not to wake you all up and leave."

"…"

Sanzo sat beside Shyirin on the doorstep. He gazed at the dark morning sky. It wasn't even dawn yet.

"So, you're gonna go when the sun rises?"

"Yeah… dawn."

"Kanzeon Bosatsu sending you home?"

Shyirin nodded in agreement. Sanzo kept silent as he noticed her face. Her eyes were blinking.

"Are you going to come back?"

"That… I`m not pretty sure myself."

"…"

Sanzo noticed a few drops of pearly tear released form her eyes. He pushed his fringe away. He did not know what to do because he wasn't very good at expressing feelings and was afraid he hurt someone with it.

"Shyirin, must you go?"

Shyirin choked on her reply and nodded. She wiped her tears and turned away from Sanzo.

"Shyirin… you don't need to go if you don't intend to."

"I know that… but there are still other people who need me."

"But I see each time you leave, you only hurt yourself more."

"It doesn't matter whether I get hurt or not, as long as everyone else is happy."

"I'm not happy."

Shyirin turned to look at Sanzo's innocent purple eyes. She could see that he too was feeling very unhappy. She embraced him slowly but tightly.

"Sanzo… I don't want to leave you again."

"Neither do I but we have jobs to accomplish."

"I wanted to take you home with me and visit my hometown. I wanted to show you so many things… but I realized… that I just can't…"

Shyirin's warm tears fell unto Sanzo's robe like rain drops. He stroked her hair gently, carefully not to break one strand.

"Sanzo, I don't want to be alone again!"

"Shhh… Shyirin, don't cry anymore. When we come to this world, we come alone and we shall leave this world alone as well. Nobody comes together as your soul is only one of a kind."

"I know, but at least let me be with you, even if I have to leave this world alone!"

Shyirin held on close to Sanzo's body as she cried more.

"Shyirin, just to be touched by you makes me feel complete. Whispering your name makes my heart trembles and my body longs for your embrace. This embrace right now makes me feel my life is worth it."

Sanzo stroked her back as he placed his lips on her cheek.

"I make a vow for you. You and I will be together until the final distance. How's that sound to you? Will you promise me that?"

"I promise…"

"You promise towards mine made it a vow that will never be broken."

Shyirin moved back and wiped her eyes. She smiled sweetly and she quickly straightened out her clothes while standing. Sanzo followed her and stood up as well. He opened her hand and placed her four necklaces. One had a pink gemstone cherry blossom pendant, another blue topaz raindrop, then the third an emerald leaf and the last a flaming red garnet flame. She looked surprised. It was the necklaces belonging to Li Shi, Mei Shi, Hikari and Ying Hui.

"But what am I suppose to do with them?"

"I don't know. Gojyo said Li Shi wanted a cherry blossom tree to be planted as her shrine. We took their corpse and burned them. We placed their ashes into the vials that are hanging below from each pendant."

"Then, I shall do exactly what Li Shi said."

Shyirin held the necklaces tightly into her hand and placed them into her pocket. The morning sun was nearly up. Sanzo followed her closely. As she walked a little further, she saw Hakkai, Goku and Gojyo waiting outside.

"Hakkai! Goku! Gojyo! What are you guys doing here?"

"I thought Sanzo already told you…"

"Told me what?"

She turned around and saw Sanzo grinning away.

"What's this all about?"

"Oh, he didn't tell you."

"What a rascal, our Master Sanzo."

"Kanzeon Bosatsu has allowed us to follow you back to the Real World."

"Really?!"

She wiped her eyes and ran towards Sanzo. She hit his chest angrily.

"You liar!"

Sanzo smiled as Shyirin hit him even more. The rest of the three laughed. Sanzo grinned mischievously.

"You could've at least told me…"

"Well, we didn't want to spoil the surprise…"

"Well, our job in the west is over. Now, we look forward to dealing life in the Real World."

Shyirin wiped her eyes dry and smiled. The morning broke as they all turned to look at the light. The portal opened up in the midst of nowhere and the five of them looked at the portal. The sun was nearly merging to the clouds. Goku, Gojyo and Hakkai ran in through first. Sanzo ran towards the portal and suddenly, stopped. He turned, and gave his hand out to Shyirin.

"Let's go."

Shyirin nodded and ran towards Sanzo, managed to clutch his hand as they both went into the portal leading to the Real World. As the last passenger entered, the portal closed, compressing time as well, as the wind howled, being sucked into the portal. Soon, the portal closed and there was pin-drop silence. The sun has rose, to the sky, leaving Xie An in a complete state of peace.

Back at the Tower, the wind was still filled with hatred and unstableness. In the foot of the tower, lay Qien Ping's body which has been badly disfigured… in the midst of the dark forest below, three figures appeared below. One of them was Zeltorfe while the other two were wearing hoods. Zeltorfe clenched his fist tightly as he saw the remains of his beloved mistress. The left one in the hood spoke in a very feminine voice.

"So, Master Aki, this is what happened to the Son of God."

"Yea, but this is what the future spoke for her… Need not of mourning for her… For mourning will only revive the dead back to disturb the balance of life."

The other hooded one, or was rather known as Master Aki, put his hand on top of Zeltorfe's shoulder, and patted it.

"So, what do you intend to do, now that your master is lost? Do you wish to sit here and mourn for her or…?"

"Or what?"

"Get revenge by serving me… I can help you…."

Zeltorfe turned and look at Akiyoshi in the eyes. His rage overtook his emotions as Akiyoshi silently waited for his reply.

"I'll do it."

"Excellent! You shall begin tomorrow."

Akiyoshi walked away with the other hooded one and was about to get on their ride when Zeltorfe called back.

"But, why do you want me to help you accomplish my revenge?"

"Because there is someone there as well that I wish to take revenge with my own hands."

Zeltorfe looked away as Akiyoshi got onto his ride with his hooded friend.

"You've ruined my life, took away my father and mother. I wait to see you, Cho Gono…. No, Cho Hakkai, if that is what they call you now. Soon, I shall have my revenge, Cho Hakkai!"

They arrived at the Real World with Shyirin, in front of her garden. Shyirin landed onto the ground with the other four.

`Now, this is what I call home…'

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then, she hollered out,

"I'm home!"

The four of them looked at Shyirin. She was indeed happier being back at the world where she belonged. The house door opened as a middle-aged woman looked out. She smiled.

"Shyirin, you're back from school? How was your day?"

"It was great, mom. I had the time of my life."

Her mom looked around as she spotted the other four men behind her.

"Who are they?"

"Oh, them… They're my friends. You don't mind them staying over our place for a while till they have a place to stay?"

"I don't mind. Please come in. I'll make some tea for all to drink."

Her mother went in the house. The breeze blew gently through their way. The four of them looked the sundown that was going down the west. Shyirin turned to the foursome and smiled.

"Welcome to the Real World."

*Soon, to be continued, Part 3.*