Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Saiyuki Outside Part 3: Promises Of Yesterdays ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

** Ehehe… hello again… this is the continuation of the Saiyuki Outside… I'm sorry if I did anything wrong here… you must forgive me as I am human… Long Live Sanzo! Long Live Saiyuki! Long Live Kazuya Minekura! Long Live Anime! ... Thank you for reading again… I hope you enjoy this…

Saiyuki Outside Part 3: Promises of Yesterday

Characters:


Genjo Sanzo

Shyirin Tennyo

Cho Hakkai

Son Goku

Sha Gojyo

Kanzeon Bosatsu

Homura Taishi

Zeltorfe

Salfatora

Virginie

Jeraisme

Leonaste

Eidora

Akiyoshi

Kikka

Peisan

Cory

Aya

Reija

Azure


Chapter 23: Parted Again…

Rain fell against the windowpanes of a tiny school bus like pearls of one necklace falling astray from their original form. Shyirin looked out the window. Life continues on as a school girl. She goes to school everyday like every normal single girl… except she goes home to another's house, not hers. She began her life living with Sanzo since they found a new place to stay. The bus stops and Shyirin knew it was her stop. She got down slowly from the bus and turned the doorknob. It was locked. "Sanzo must've gone out with the others," she whispered to herself. She turned the lights on and entered the living room. Her bag was thrown aside in a corner as she lied down on the soft cushion. She shut her eyes and fell asleep, feeling tired after a long day in school.

"Hey corrupt monk, your girlfriend's back…"

"She's fast asleep… must've been a rough day for her, Sanzo, don't you think?"

"I'm starving… When do we get to eat dinner?"

Sanzo kept silent as the other three started making ridiculous remarks. He turned the doorknob and entered the place they call their "momentarily home". Sanzo laid the groceries aside and went to Shyirin's side. She slept soundly as Sanzo rubbed her forehead.

"Hey corrupt monk, bring your girlfriend back to her room. We wanna watch TV."

"He's right. After all, we do not wish to disturb her."

Sanzo looked at Hakkai and Gojyo's faces. He sighed and grunted. He slowly lifted the tired schoolgirl into his arms and walked to the bedroom.

Shyirin opened her eyes. Sanzo was leaning against the wall. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and pushed her fringe to the back.

"Did I wake you up?"

She shook her head in disagreement and sat straight up. Sanzo sat on the bed as Shyirin put her head on his lap. Sanzo stroked her brown hair softly, carefully not to hurt her.

"Shyirin, do you like it here?"

"I do, as long as I'm with you…" she replied and clasped her hands together and put it against her heart.

"Shyirin, I don't want to trouble you… ever since we've moved here, you're always feeling tired easily. Are you alright?"

"Don't worry about me, Sanzo. Just as long as I'm by your side, I feel happy enough."

Sanzo bit his lip. He did like having her around… but she looks like she's been falling sick a few times since they moved here. Shyirin got up and held Sanzo's hand tightly against her soft chest.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, Sanzo. As long as you don't leave me, I will stay strong…"

"I won't leave your side, ever…."

Shyirin gave a smile at Sanzo and gently embraced him. Shyirin felt safe and happy for once… in her life.

"Homura…. What do you think about them?"

"Let's not put their life into this matter. This is important. We need Sanzo and his party to finish off that so-called Son of God's Followers in order to keep peace."

The soft wind blew through and took Homura's soft black hair to follow its rhythm. Kanzeon Bosatsu leaned lazily against her chair.

"… I understand… but…"

"Kanzeon Bosatsu, we need not any more discussion. If Shyirin loses Sanzo in a battle, we can't change that fact that fate made it this way."

"But, what if it's the other way around?"

"What?! You mean Shyirin is going to die instead?"

Kanzeon Bosatsu waved her finger in the air, sprinkling water around. She grinned and laughed.

"Maybe… we won't know… the future's uncertain… we shall know the result when it comes," she said with a curved Cheshire cat grin while Homura looked on into the deep blue sky.

"Hakkai-kun, I'm going to school now."

Hakkai looked out as Shyirin took her school bag in her hand.

"Already? Breakfast isn't ready yet. Besides, Sanzo isn't awake yet."

She winked at Hakkai and replied,

"Today's our third anniversary since we've met. I'm going out to get a present. Tell Sanzo to meet me after school for lunch. I really want to see him."

"Alright."

Shyirin turned the doorknob slightly and opened the door. Hakkai smiled and returned back to the kitchen to finish making breakfast. Shyirin left the house silently and ran into busy streets of the city.

"Hakkai, is it time for breakfast?"

"Yes, indeed. It is."

Goku, Gojyo and Sanzo sat around the round mahogany table as Hakkai served breakfast.

"Let's eat!"

"Hey, stupid monkey! Stop taking all the meat dumplings for yourself!"

"Hahaha…. How peaceful…"

Hakkai looked at Sanzo. He was barely touching his meal with his chopsticks and pondered into the empty plate.

"Sanzo, why are you not eating?"

Hakkai took a dumpling and put it on Sanzo's plate.

"Eat up, Sanzo."

"I'm not hungry."

Sanzo pushed the chair back and walked to the living room. Hakkai looked at the others. They were too busy fighting among themselves.

"Lousy river boy with antennae's of a cockroach!"

"Stupid monkey with a stomach brain!"

"Lolita loving horny water demon!"

Hakkai walked towards Sanzo and folded his arms. Sanzo was busy reading the paper.

"What's on your mind?"

"None of your business."

"Is it about Shyirin?"

"Maybe…"

"Shyirin asked me to tell you to meet her after school for lunch."

"…"

"She cares a lot about you, Sanzo."

"Shyirin is forgetting about her own state."

"These are the kind of things people will do for love, Sanzo."

"I know… but I have a feeling, our next parting is not going to be real pretty…"

"What do you mean parting?"

"I have a feeling we're going to be separated once more…"

"How would you know?"

"Because that's my Konzen."

They turned around to see the voice. It was Kanzeon Bosatsu, with Homura by her side. Sanzo grunted and folded his arms.

"Kanzeon Bosatsu, what's this all about now?"

"The Son of God's Followers caused chaos this time."

"We need you, Sanzo's party to take out the Son Of God's Followers right away."

"Do we look like pest exterminators to you?"

"This is an order, Genjo Sanzo!"

"When do we leave?"

"Let's say now."

"What?! But… Sanzo has an appointment with Shyirin after school."

"I'm sorry, but the rest of the world lies in your hands."

Hakkai looked at Sanzo. Sanzo looked calm at the order of Kanzeon Bosatsu. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Let's go…"

"What?! But Sanzo-"

"I know… but I don't want her involved this time, Hakkai. Let's leave before she returns."

Hakkai felt a cool tone from Sanzo's voice. He looked in disbelief but sighed at Sanzo's decision.

"Whatever you say…"

After school, the sun was still shining hot. Shyirin waited outside the gate for Sanzo to come. Her three friends; Aya, Cory and Reija called her.

"Hey, Shyirin, let's go home now."

"Yeah, come on. Cory, Aya and I don't wanna miss the bus."

"You guys go on ahead. I'm expecting someone here."

"Okay… we'll see you tomorrow. Bye!"

Shyirin watched as her friends left off on the bus. She stood under the hot sun and waited for Sanzo to come. She knew he would come.

`He won't break his word. Sanzo will show up. I'm sure about it.'

5 hours later, rain-clouds embrace the evening sky. Shyirin waited outside for Sanzo. She had waited long enough for him. Her heart broke as Sanzo didn't show up. Rain began to pour down on the earth. Shyirin turned around and walked slowly for home. It was a few miles away and it was about an hour's walk from there. She began her journey, with the rain punishing her and pearly tears streaming down her face.

Back at home, she turned the door open. The house was quiet and empty. Shyirin turned on the lights and sat on the living room sofa. She wiped her face and picked up the phone, dialing for pizza. She was cold, tired, hungry and hurt. After making an order, she sat and unwrapped the present she was going to give Sanzo.

`It must be wet by now…'

She took out a photo frame she made in school with a photograph of her and Sanzo. She wiped the frame dry and put it aside on top of the coffee table nearest to the cushion. She laid herself to rest on top of the cushion while waiting for her dinner.

It was already midnight. Shyirin walked towards her room door after having her meal alone. She turned on the lights of her bedroom.

`Sanzo and the rest must've left to another place far from here.'

She walked towards the bed to fall on top and sleep. Suddenly, she spotted something on the table. It was a letter and a purple box with a yellow ribbon tied around it. She opened the letter and began reading it.

`Shyirin,

By the time you come back, I'm already gone. I wrote this earlier when you were fast asleep. I knew somehow we would be parted again. That's why I wrote this letter. Please forgive me if I didn't keep my word. You know I didn't mean it. I guess by the time you read this, it is our 3rd anniversary since we've met. I've left my gift for you on top of the table. I hope you like it. I don't really know anything else to say. Hope you forgive me and promise me you'll wait for me. You're the best thing that ever happened in my life and I don't want to lose you… ever. Cross my heart, I will never leave your side, even though we may be far. Happy Anniversary, Shyirin.

Sanzo'

Shyirin shut the letter and opened the box. She removed the case and saw what Sanzo's gift for her was. She clasped her mouth and took it from the box. It was a pair of silver earrings with sapphires in them. She put them on her ears and looked in the mirror. It looks so nice on her. Shyirin began to cry.

`Sanzo did remember… my favorite gemstone, my favorite type of material, my favorite color, our anniversary… he did remember…'

Hakkai looked at Sanzo. Sanzo was gazing up in the sky at the stars. Hakkai looked up as well.

"Sanzo, don't you think it was unfair not to tell Shyirin that we were leaving that day?"

Sanzo smiled and shut his face beneath the newspapers.

"Don't worry. Shyirin knows everything. Trust me."