Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Part 3, Chapter 24: Tears that wouldn't fall ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24: Tears that wouldn't fall

Sanzo's party began their journey towards east. It was stated from Kanzeon Bosatsu that the Headquarters of the Son of God's Followers is situated in Sen no Kanashimi, a place where only the dead visit to mourn over their loss in life.

"Sheesh! Why do we have to go there, eh, corrupt monk?"

"I don't know. You'll have to ask the idiots who put their HQ there."

"Hahaha… So, we head south now."

"Sanzo, will there be food there?"

"Of course not, you stupid monkey!"

"Don't call me a monkey, you perverted river demon!"

"Hahaha…. It's so peaceful…"

Sanzo gazed forward towards the sunrise. The darkness gave way to the holy light of the sun and the birds sang with their inner side of their soul.

"It's so beautiful… we usually don't get to see a sunrise since we're always heading west…"

"Agreed…"

"Sanzo, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

"That tone of yours means you actually are missing Shyirin, aren't you?"

"I won't know…"

Hakkai laughed and looked ahead. The canyons were looked grand as they drove through the road between the canyons.

"Nobody likes to be alone…"

"I agree for once, Sanzo… we've all experienced the bitterness of the cold lonely nights we spend everyday… but sometimes, being alone helps you rekindle the long relationship you have with others…"

"Really? Then how come am I still with you guys?'

"Hahaha…. Maybe it is fate… maybe fate brought us together."

"I don't believe in fate."

"Whatever you like to think Sanzo, but somehow I feel that fate brought you and Shyirin together…"

"Just keep driving. I don't want to hear another word."

Sanzo put his gun aside and shut his eyes.

"Anyone who disturbs my slumber, I'll kill them, no matter who they are."

Hakkai smiled at Sanzo's remark and drove on the crooked road.

"Whatever you say…"

Zeltorfe walked forward. With his long black hair tied into a braid swinging behind him, he stepped into the giant fortress. He was gestured by a few servants of the fortress to the hall. He went into the room and bowed.

"Master Akiyoshi… Qien Ping is dead. What do you want to do next?"

"I heard that the murderer of your mistress is heading for our second base in Sen no Kanashimi. I want you to bring your group there and guard my base there."

"You mean my people from Son Of God's Followers?"

"Yes… you can have your revenge on them who killed your mistress…"

"What about Kikka?"

"You mean my general? She and Venus are headed for a mission in Vertigo."

"…Very well…"

"Remember, you don't work for the Son of God anymore. She is dead. You now work for me, the Master."

"… As you wish…"

Zeltorfe stood up and walked a few steps away.

"Oh, and one more thing: Bring me Cho Hakkai and Genjo Sanzo. They are the only ones I need. After I've had my time with them, you may as well kill them."

"Very well."

Zeltorfe stepped out of the grand door and left. The Master hid in the shadows and laughed.

"Cho Hakkai, in the name of my mother I shall have revenge…"

Hakkai sneezed all of a sudden.

"What is it?"

Hakkai looked at Sanzo and shook his head.

"I think someone has been talking about me."

"How would you know?"

"I feel a cold and murderous draft just now."

The sun was at the peak of the sky. School was over. It was the summer holidays and it was a great time to spend the holiday with-

"Shyirin, let's go shopping!'

"No, let's go sunbathing together, Shyirin! I know a great beach we can go!"

"Shyirin, let's go get some tattoos! I can get a great discount from my bro if you wanna!"

"Let's do all together..."

Reija put her hand around Shyirin and gave a sly cheeky smile.

"You're missing someone, right?"

Shyirin looked at Reija for a while and kept silent…

"Well…"

"How's this? We go on a double date! I can ask that cute Grade 5 guy out with me. You can invite yours…"

"Mine happened to be away for a while…"

Reija, Cory and Aya looked at Shyirin in a sad manner. Shyirin blushed as red as a tomato.

"What are you guys staring at?"

"Pity. We wanted to see that boyfriend of yours."

"Did you guys have a temporary break-up?"

"Well…. Maybe you can put it in that way…"

Reija and Aya put their hand around Shyirin's shoulder. They gave a thumbs-up and laughed.

"Don't worry. This entire summer holiday, we'll make you forget every bad thing that's happened, alright?"

"… Alright!"

The four girls walked away, with cheery faces and warm smiles on their faces.

"What do you wanna do first?"

"Let's go do our tattoos first…"

"Are you serious? It's gonna be a little painful..."

"What the heck? We won't know unless we try…"

"Yeah! Let's go over to Eito's shop first! I guess he won't mind right, Aya? After all, we are giving him business…"

"You meant paying him half-price is business…"

"Hey, come on, I wanna get a butterfly on my left chest!"

"Seriously?!"

"Cory, don't you think that's a little fast?"

"Hey, whatever Cory wants to do, it's her choice…"

"Not you too, Shyirin!"

"Nah, I was thinking of getting two angel wings on both my shoulders…"

"Is it because you want to show your boyfriend what a good angelic girlfriend you are, Shyirin?"

"Whatever! Let's do it!"

"Alright!!!"

Zeltorfe looked over the mountain with his large sword dangling down from his shoulder. Beside him was a tall cerulean-haired demon with strange purple eyes. They were spying on something that was moving through the crooked winding road of the canyons. Leonaste zoomed in the binoculars and saw the figure more closely. It was Sanzo's party crossing the path.

"Leonaste, I leave them to you."

"I'll take care of them…with pleasure."

Leonaste leapt from one cliff to another as Zeltorfe watched one of his best men go down the canyon to await his fate. Zeltorfe clenched his hand in anger and his red eyes flared with anger.

"Qien Ping, rest assured, you will be avenged!"

Shyirin walked out of the shop with her three buddies. Her shoulder was hurting a little but she was glad she went through such an experience. Suddenly, she saw the car stop moving. She turned around. Everyone else was frozen in time. Aya, Reija and Cory were stopped in motion.

"What's happening here?"

"They're just frozen for a while…"

It was Kanzeon Bosatsu and Homura. Shyirin moved back and leaned against the wall of the shop.

"You want me to do something for you again, aren't you?"

Kanzeon Bosatsu clapped her hands and nodded her head. Homura looked on and unleashed his sword.

"What is it this time?'

"We want you to go to the Land of Shadows. You will have to pursue this man called Master Akiyoshi. He is the one that has been directing the Son of God's Followers after Qien Ping died. You are to spy on him, gather information and if he strikes with force, you must fight with force back. Is that understood?"

"What if I refused to do this?"

Kanzeon Bosatsu laughed and shook her head.

"Would you refuse if I said this has something to do with two people that you care about and the death of two more and maybe the whole world?"

"What do you mean?"

"Our spy reported that master Akiyoshi has carried out an order to capture both Hakkai and Sanzo while the rest will be murdered."

Shyirin laughed and replied,

"Sanzo and gang will make it through. I'm sure of it."

"Did I tell you that Master Akiyoshi has something that you've also been looking for? Let me think… What was it again? Oh yes, the Jewel of Terralus?"

Shyirin stopped in motion.

"Wasn't the Jewel of Terralus the only key for you to find out about your lost history? Didn't you want to know who your real parents were, how did you come to this real world and why were you ended up here?"

"Don't tempt me, O Kanzeon Bosatsu. I know what your tricks are. Yes, I do want to know why, how, who and what happened but you're putting my life on the line again. I also want to live in--"

"But if you go, you'll meet up with Sanzo there…"

Shyirin bit her lip as her finger held on tight on her necklace. She looked down and begun thinking.

"It's been a week since you've seen him. You wonder, is he okay or not? Is he still alive?"

"…"

"Go for the mission, Shyirin. It'll be the last mission you'll ever face."

Shyirin thought for a while. Her heart yearns for a single glimpse of Sanzo's face but she also promised Sanzo she wouldn't endanger herself again. The wind blew hard and long. Homura pushed his fringe back. Kanzeon Bosatsu smiled and put her hand around her waist.

Kanzeon Bosatsu waved her hand and Shyirin changed her clothing to her previous white top and long white half skirt with two Desert Eagles in her hand and her hidden dagger behind her back.

"We already received your answer. Go now."

"Promise that this will be the last. After this, there will be no more of this madness."

"Very well. Agreed."

Kanzeon Bosatsu waved her hand and showed her a portal. Shyirin stood up with two Desert Eagles in her hand, ready to fire.

"Enter here and you'll be in the Land Of Shadows. If you wish to return, remember to knock the gargoyle thrice and turn his head upside down. We will open the gate for you."

Shyirin nodded here head and entered the portal, which will take her to her new destination where nobody knows what might happen.