Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Save It for a Rainy Day ❯ Peace After the Storm ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Save it for a Rainy Day
Anime/Manga: SaiYuki
Rated: It's been decided... PG 13 is where it stays! ... I didn't think I'd have the guts to go any further -_-V.
Disclaimer: Gyah!!! Lawyers!!! Me no own!! Me no own!! Take it all! AHHHHHHHH!


~*~

Gojyo stared down at the man beneath him apprehensively, he wasn't sure how Hakkai would react to the sight of him lying on top of his chest and practically drooling all over. As Hakkai's eyes adjusted to the still dark room he blinked a few times and Gojyo contemplated jumping off and running out of the room. He thought better of it though, there was no way that Hakkai hadn't noticed him. Gojyo held his breath when he saw that Hakkai had ceased to blink blurrily and instead, opened his mouth to speak.

"Oh, good morning, Gojyo!" a large grin on his kind features. "Are you feeling well?" Gojyo could only nod dumbly, he was aware that there was very little that could ever shake the smile from Hakkai's face, but a tiny bit of surprise might have scared Gojyo a little less. "I'm glad to hear it. It is quite the pain to wake up earlier than the sun, is it not? I myself did a few hours ago, that's when I found myself here. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but--" Hakkai stopped because Gojyo had laughed at his last comment. "What's so funny?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Hakkai," Gojyo started, but was rudely interrupted by more laughter. He patted Hakkai on the chest as he calmed himself down enough to say, "Hakkai, do you know that you sleep walk?"

The surprised look on his face was all Gojyo needed to send him back into bales of laughter. Throwing his inhibitions through the window, he attempted to muffle his hysterical laughter by putting his face down into Hakkai's chest.

The feeling of another laughing is an odd sensation, when one feels this one is almost instantaneously pulled into the same fit of laughter, even without knowing what the original laughter was about. Hakkai was not immune to this affect, soon he was laughing right along with the water sprite atop him. When Gojyo felt Hakkai's laughter through his chest, it was all he could do to keep from falling off the small bed from laughing too hard.

Seeing as how he couldn't quite tell what had made Hakkai laugh so hard, Gojyo looked up to him and was about to ask him what the heck he was supposed to be laughing about until he actually saw Hakkai laughing uncontrollably. It was pretty dang adorable. He was covering his mouth with his free hand-- the other one that had been on the back of Gojyo's head had slipped to the base of his neck-- his eyes squeezed shut happily, and the sweet sound of his lilting voice rang true in the air. Gojyo's laughter stopped but his smile remained as he caught sight of Hakkai's glittering eyes.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know why I'm laughing, it seems that it's contagious, is all," Hakkai said through a few giggles.

And Gojyo kissed him.

Just like that, there was no pause, there was no thought, and there was no fight. In fact Hakkai returned the kiss with fervor, Gojyo noticed the change in pace and quickly pulled away, unsure as to what he should do. He looked at the state he had left Hakkai in, eyes closed, lips slightly parted, silently begging for more of the heated contact. This was not the face of objection-- but then again, how long had it been since Hakkai had experienced that kind of contact? Perhaps it had just been his body's reaction to something he'd been without for such an extended period of time.

"Gojyo," the hushed and needful whisper brought Gojyo from his frantic thoughts.

"I'm right here," Gojyo whispered back, bringing his lips a breath away from Hakkai's, still not quite sure, but coming dangerously close to making a decision.

"I-I," Hakkai ran his tongue over his bottom lip only to bite it in agitation.

"Oh man, Hakkai, you're killin' me here," Gojyo buried his face in Hakkai's neck and took a little nip. Hakkai arched back so that the column of his neck was fully exposed for Gojyo to access, Gojyo took the invitation gratefully. After a few well-placed butterfly kisses Gojyo made himself pull back. "Hakkai--"

Hakkai looked up, eyebrows knitted together, "Yes, Gojyo?"

"Hakkai, is this really what you want?" came through gritted teeth.

Rising up, using his elbows as leverage Hakkai scooted back and looked Gojyo square in the face, "Gojyo?"

"I mean, is this really what you're looking for? Or is this just because-- I mean, it's been a while for you and--" Gojyo took a deep breath, attempting to soothe his vexed nerves. "I'm saying that this can't just be some fling, if it is, I gotta stop it here. You know what I'm sayin'?"

"I'm afraid you've lost me," Hakkai admitted.

"Ahg, this is kinda hard for me, so bear with me, 'kay?" Hakkai nodded. "I'm tryin' to be straight up (A/N: Tee-hee, so many ways that could have been taken) with ya here. What I'm sayin' is, this has to be real. I don't think that I could deal with just bein' a convenient thing to have around."

"Gojyo, is this what had you brooding this entire week?" Hakkai asked, the worry evident in his expressive voice.

"A-a little longer than that, but yeah, that's it," Gojyo confessed sheepishly.

Hakkai smiled tenderly and caressed Gojyo's cheek, "Well that's a little ironic, because I was doing pretty much the same thing!"

A surprised look followed by the usual smirk that must always follow the irony of his life, Gojyo ran his hand through his hair, "You're s**tin' me, so that's what was botherin' you too?" Hakkai nodded happily. Gojyo brought his head back up to face Hakkai, "Well then, that was a little too much of our lives wasted." With that he laid a tender kiss on Hakkai's cheek, winking at him when he pulled away.

The tender moment might have lasted a little longer if they hadn't simotaniously yawned. Looking to the window, Gojyo noticed that the sun had decided that it was time to come up. "Hey," Hakkai smiled as he tilted his head a little higher to show he was listening. "Why don't we get a little sleep before hurricanes Sanzo and Goku wake up, neh? There's another town within a days travel, right?"

Hakkai caught the hinting tone of Gojyo's lowered voice and his smile grew knowingly, "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea, Gojyo."

"Good," Gojyo replied, topping it off with a quick peck on the tip of Hakkai's nose. "I say we hit the hay then," Gojyo lowered his voice once more and whispered, "then maybe tomorrow we can take a roll in it."

Shaking his head, Hakkai slid closer and Gojyo instinctively laid his chin on the top of Hakkai's head. They fit together perfectly, and it was like this that they fell into the most peaceful sleep that either of them had had in ages.

~*~

A/N: Hey there! The end of "Rainy Day" has finally come! I hope somebody liked it, 'cause so far, the reviews have been slim pickin's, but perhaps it was because, compared to my other chapter fic, these chapters are pretty tiny and very few. I hope so! But anywho, my excuse is, that this is my first SaiYuki fic... but that's what most people say, neh? Heh, I'm serious though, never tried one before-- well, I did this once... that ended up going three sentences and then I "lost" it ~_^. But, please review, tell me what you guys thought, okay? PLEASE! It would really help me, and constructive criticism is requested!!! Ya know, tell me what sucked and what didn't! Thanks a billion! Ja ne!