Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ The Thought of Death Lies Within ❯ The Beginning of the Worst Nightmare ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Prologue: The Beginning of the nightmare

THE THOUGHT OF DEATH LIES WITHIN

Sanzo's party was driving through heavy pouring rain, trying to find a place to stay. Due to the intense weather as well as the mud splashing onto their faces, they are unable to see what's ahead of them. But somehow, they are able to start a conversation.

"Sanzo!!! When can we get to a town?! I don't like all our food here wet!!! Can we at least find a shack for shelter?!" yelled Goku through the heavy rain.

"URUSAI!!" Sanzo shouted back at Goku. What they didn't know was that Sanzo was actually having a very aching headache.

"Ch'. That bozu is SUCH trouble!!!" murmed Gojyo, but suddenly, they stumble upon a shack, just as Goku had wanted.

"We'll sleep here tonight. Ne, Sanzo?" asked a curious Hakkai, probably checking if Sanzo was alright.

"SANZO!!!!" screamed Goku, suddenly swallowing some of the rain. Goku suddenly began coughing and Hakkai took Goku got out of the jeep and went inside the shack. Gojyo got out of the jeep as well, and saw if Sanzo was okay.

"Hey Sanzo!!! Are you okay?" asked Gojyo as he felt Sanzo's forehead to find a fever. He carried Sanzo and slammed the door open. But as the door opened, he made a move to go inside, but he accidentally stepped in quicksand found right before the stairs going to the shack.

"Hakkai!!!" screamed Gojyo, with Sanzo still on his arms.

It wasn't long until Hakkai and Goku came to the front of the shack and saw Gojyo sinking in quicksand.

"Gojyo? Are you shrinking?!" asked Goku, who had obviously coughed out the rain water he drank.

"No I'm not! I'm in quicksand, baka saru!!" replied the furious Gojyo, tossing Sanzo to Goku's arms, in which Goku fell backwards, holding Sanzo against him. He laid Sanzo on the floor and went back to help Hakkai get Gojyo unstuck. After a few minutes, they were able to get Gojyo out and were all inside the shack, which apparently had one fold-bed there.

"Hakkai! Why didn't you tell us that Sanzo was sick?!" said Gojyo, who was drying his pack of cigarettes.

"Is he? I didn't know about it. So how would I know?" replied Hakkai, drying some of his clothes.

Goku put Sanzo on the bed and brought the monk's robes down to his waist and removed his black undergarment. He tossed it to Hakkai, who was near the fire. Goku got a wet towel and placed it on Sanzo's forehead, and placing a blanket over the sleeping monk.

"I wonder… I wonder why Sanzo caught a fever. He hardly gets one nowadays." Answered Goku in a tone that spoke of his feelings for Sanzo were becoming more and more revealing.

"Goku.." Hakkai cut his sentence short, unable to give any advice to Goku.

"I wonder when Sanzo'll wake up?" asked Goku, still depressed of the fact that Sanzo was unable to answer his question.

Without the holy fan to scold him or the gun to threaten him, Goku's heart sank faster than a dead duck. His mind was off-guard that he didn't hear the door burst open, revealing 3 silhouettes. The wind picked up and lightning began to strike.

"What the hell are you 3 doing here?!" asked Gojyo, right after Goku came to his senses and saw who was at the door.

"Homura?!" said Goku, who looked surprised rather than suspicious.

~END OF PROLOGUE~