Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Truly Madly Deeply 4Ever ❯ Good Night: A Twilight Farewell ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

November 30, 2006
 
vii. Goodnight: A Twilight Farewell
 
In which her Excellency the Goddess of Mercy pays a little visit to her scrappy little party. Hn.
 
 
A.
 
Gojyo, in despair, summons the Shakujou and prepares to stab himself with the glittering blade. “O happy dagger!” the kappa cries tragically. “This is thy sheath!” (“Dagger?” Hakkai echoes, rolling his eyes. Gojyo shushes him with a glare and proceeds with his Shakespearean theatrics.) “There rust and let me die!!!” the kappa sobs, throwing his head back and gritting his teeth.
 
“Baka…” Sanzo growls, and blacks out.
 
Gojyo howls in anguish, but he is drowned out by the roaring of Goku, who has fallen to his knees. The two best friends whip around just in time to see Goku clutch his head—
 
Green eyes widen in horror. “Holy SH—“
 
“GRAAAHHHH!!!!”
 
Goku's diadem splinters. Hakkai rubs his temples. “Perfect…” he mutters. “Just perfect…”
 
Gojyo whistles in fearful awe. “Whoa… Sanzo always told me that Goku could get pretty insane…” The kappa sweatdrops. “As if I'd ever give him reason to set that… that wild thing on me…” Gojyo gulps. “My buttercup knows he's my one and only baby…”
 
“Gojyo.” Hakkai bites out. “You're babbling. We have more important matters on our hands right now than Sanzo's insane jealousy.”
 
Gojyo stares at the healer. “You're not saying what I think you're saying, are you?”
 
Hakkai sighs, “Just go.
 
“But… Sanzo!” Gojyo wails, staring with torn eyes at his lover.
 
Meanwhile, Seiten Taisei is going nuts on a terrified Rikudo.
 
“Uncle! Uncle!” the monk shrieks desperately.
 
“GRAAAAHHHH!!!” the wild youkai replies.
 
“Mooooommmmyyyyyy!!!”
 
“Gojyo,” Hakkai says patiently. “Let me do my job while you do yours. You're the fighter. I'm the healer.”
 
“I'm a lover, not a fighter!” the kappa contradicts, covering the unconscious Sanzo with tearful kisses. “Besides, you're the monkey's babysitter!”
 
Hakkai gnashes his teeth, and then gets a sudden burst of inspiration. “Gojyo!” he forcefully pulls the kappa off their injured leader. “Go,” Hakkai says solemnly, pointing to the intimidating spectacle of the Great Sage running amok. The youkai is currently laughing maniacally while ripping Rikudo's chest into shreds. “Do it for Sanzo…” Hakkai whispers the magic words.
 
The kappa's chest swells up, and a wild light ignites in his eyes. “For Sanzo,” he mutters, marching away resolutely toward the two figures, the very epitome of a martyr.
 
“Hehehe…” Hakkai grins. “Sucker…”
 
 
B.
 
Screaming wildly, Seiten Taisei prepares to make another mad lunge at Rikudo. Suddenly, the wild youkai stops and blinks, confused. The beads are speaking to him… they're saying… URUSEI, bakazaru!!! Omae wo korosu!!!
 
Gojyo meantime watches in awe as the red prayer beads around the former monk's neck glow angrily and repel the Great Sage. Rikudo grabs his chance and vanishes, to the kappa's great frustration. “FEH! Run back to mommy, you big crybaby!” Gojyo jeers.
 
An indignant shriek answers him. “I'm not running away! I'm just calling a time out, so there!”
 
“What-ever.” Gojyo turns and grimly faces Goku, who growls and attacks. “Crap!” the kappa mutters, shoving his arm into Goku's face. “Chew on this, ya freak!” Seiten Taisei obliges, sinking his fangs in deep, making the kappa yowl. “Dammit, I may be mouthwatering and delectable, but this is ridiculous!”
 
“HOLD HIM STILL!” A voice commands, and the Goddess of Mercy descends in a blaze of splendor and light to save the day.
 
“You guys are pathetic!” Kanzeon Bosatsu scolds, after she restores Goku's limiter. “Do you want me to lose face before that Great Old Coot up in the sky?!”
 
“What the hell is she talking about?” Gojyo murmurs to Hakkai.
 
“More importantly…” Hakkai interjects. “Who the hell are you?” he asks politely, turning to the two strangers.
 
Jiroushin gasps. “Hold your tongue, you disrespectful boy! You are in the presence of the embodiment of all that is Pure and Holy, only one of five Bod—“
 
“Cut the crap, Jiroushin,” Kanzeon drawls in a bored voice.
 
The manservant stammers, and then clamps his mouth shut, and then settles for glaring resentfully at his mistress. The Goddess stares back with haughty indigo eyes.
 
Gojyo grins approvingly. “I like her!” the kappa declares suddenly. “Somehow she reminds me of someone…”
 
Kanzeon turns to the redhead and saunters over to him. “So…” she murmurs huskily.
 
Crimson eyes widen in alarm. “N—no! I didn't mean I like you that way, I just meant—“ Gojyo mumbles, backing away.
 
But the Goddess cuts in impatiently. “Silly boy. As I was saying - so you've managed in this life what you couldn't quite achieve in Tenkai, eh, Kenren?” *wink-wink* She gives a tinkling laugh, with a meaningful look at the unconscious blond.
 
“Eh?”
 
“Nevermind.” And Kanzeon Bosatsu literally sucks the kappa's face off.
 
“O-Oi!!!” Gojyo protests, when she finally lets him go. “Only Sanzo kisses me!!!” His knees buckle, and he falls flat on his face.
 
Hakkai observes with a shrewd expression. “I don't know how, exactly… but I get the feeling you're related to Sanzo in some way…” he murmurs.
 
Kanzeon Bosatsu smirks. “Oh? And what makes you say that, my pretty?”
 
“Because only Sanzo's kisses have that effect on him,” Hakkai remarks, gesturing to the supine kappa.
 
“OI!”
 
The Goddess grins. “Ah… much as I would love to claim credit for my sheer charm and beauty reducing General Kenren to a puddle of goo, I must grudgingly admit that the honor belongs to Konzen Douji alone.” And she gives the wounded blond a fond smile.
 
“You mean Sanzo, right.” Hakkai corrects patiently.
 
“Riddles are wasted on you, aren't they?” Kanzeon returns with a hint of sarcasm. “Anyway, your friend is weak because I've just sucked up a couple of pints of prime AB-negative.”
 
“A vampire!” Hakkai exclaims. “You wouldn't happen to be one of the Ancients, would you?!”
 
Jiroushin gawks at the healer. The Goddess levitates an eyebrow.
 
“You know!” Hakkai insists excitedly. “One of them - the powerful ones, the Children of the Millennia!”
 
Gojyo coughs feebly on the ground. “He's an Anne Rice fanatic. It's a morbid fascination,” he informs the two deities.
 
Jiroushin rubs his temples. “Is there another dimension breach I'm not aware of?!” He glares suspiciously at his mistress. “The last time it was hobbits, and now this…”
 
Kanzeon only winks in reply, and walks over to her nephew. She grabs him by the hair, licks her lips, and leans close. At last the pieces fit together in Hakkai's mind, and he gives a disappointed sigh. “I get it…”
 
The Goddess turns and whispers confidentially to the healer. “Don't take it personally. It's just that Anne Rice has expressly forbidden any sort of fanfiction involving her precious vampires, that's all…”
 
Hakkai winces. “It's a great shame, too…”
 
 
C.
 
Immobile on the ground, the kappa continues to mutter sullenly. “Only Sanzo kisses me, I said! It's sexual harassment, I tell you…” And then he catches sight of Kanzeon Bosatsu bending down, coming face to face with his sweetie-pie…
 
“You bitch!!! What the hell do you think you're doing?!” he bellows, staggering to his feet with superhuman effort. Jiroushin calmly plunks him back down.
 
“Relax…” the Goddess drawls. “I'm just a humble proxy.”
 
“You're a damn hussy, is what you are!”
 
Jiroushin shudders with outrage at the kappa's cheek, but Kanzeon laughs in delight. “My, my, you two are simply too adorable! I always knew that Kenren and Konzen would make the hottest couple ever…”
 
“Who?!” Gojyo stares.
 
“It's this thing she's got for weird nicknames,” Hakkai offers helpfully. He turns eagerly to the Goddess. “Ne, mind telling me my nickname?”
 
“Later.”
 
And Kanzeon Bosatsu thoroughly kisses Sanzo, delivering the hot, red blood to him, while the kappa looks on helplessly, turning more and more purple with each passing second.
 
Suddenly—
 
THWAK!
 
“Only Gojyo kisses me,” Sanzo growls crossly, and then promptly faints again.
 
“You see?! YOU SEE?!” Gojyo cries hysterically to the Goddess, who is rubbing her head, a sour expression on her face. “I TOLD YA!!!”
 
Jiroushin coughs madly to cover his laughter, while Kanzeon Bosatsu glowers. “Some thanks I get for saving his life,” she snorts, disgruntled.
 
“Waitaminute. You mean my baby is going to be fine?!” Gojyo exclaims joyfully, crawling over to Sanzo. “You mean I really saved him? I'm his hero, right?”
 
Jiroushin stares in disbelief. “Are you for real?! It was the Goddess who saved Master Konzen, you delirious fool.”
 
Gojyo pays him no heed. “Think of it!” the kappa exults, cradling Sanzo tightly to his chest. “My blood flows inside Sanzo's body! How poignant is that?!” he sobs happily. “It's the most romantic thing ever…!”
 
“You—“ Jiroushin sputters.
 
“Can it,” the Goddess interrupts, beaming beatifically at the lovers.
 
“B-but…”
 
“You worry too much about the details,” Kanzeon drawls. She smiles affectionately at Hakkai and Goku as well. “My scrappy little party…” she murmurs.
 
“Er…” Hakkai ventures. “We really owe you one, O Goddess of Mercy. On behalf of these sorry miscreants, I solemnly swear we will prove worthy of -“
 
“Blah, blah, blah…” Kanzeon cuts in once more, grinning at Hakkai's startled face. “You're also digging too deep.”
 
“Then why did you help us?”
 
“Oh, let's just say that I'm a sucker for a happy ending…”
 
“Sanzo, angel! Now I'm really a part of you!!! Wake up and kiss your hero, sweetie…”
 
“Yare yare…”
 
 
D.
 
“What a mess,” Hakkai sighs, sitting beside Goku as they keep watch over Sanzo. “Sanzo's injured, you're in a funk, and Gojyo's anemic…”
 
Goku bows his head even more.
 
“Hey…” Hakkai says softly, putting a comforting hand on the kid's shoulder, “I didn't mean to criticize you…”
 
Goku's shoulders shake, and the healer silently berates himself for being so candid. But then he stares in wonder as Goku lifts his face, shining with suppressed hilarity and laughter.
 
“Go…ku?” Hakkai asks hesitantly.
 
“Bwahahahahaha!!!” The boy guffaws suddenly, making the patient flinch. The healer looks on, alarmed. Goku quickly clamps his hands over his mouth, snorting through his fingers. Finally he whispers merrily to Hakkai. “You said Gojyo's anemic… this means he and Sanzo are truly soulmates this time!”
 
Hakkai bites his lip, and glances nervously at the patient. Not a twitch in sight so far…
 
“Get it?!” Goku insists, clutching his stomach and giggling hysterically. “The Anemic Priest and his Anemic Lover…”
 
Twitch.
 
Hakkai fearfully drags Goku from the room. “Um, I think maybe you're getting tired watching over Sanzo so long. You should eat something!” the healer declares hastily. “Ahahaha…”
 
“Oh! OH! In sickness and in health, till death do they part!” Goku exclaims as Hakkai leads him away. “Let's go see that anemic cockroach and find out if he's allergic to cats now, too! Hee hee…”
 
“You're delirious from hunger, Goku,” the healer murmurs, pulling the door shut.
 
“Bakazaru…” the anemic priest croaks.
 
 
E.
 
Gojyo pouts outside Sanzo's door. “Oi, droopy-eyes!” he calls out challengingly, hearing his lover stirring inside the room. “You better not be going where I think you're going…”
 
Sanzo grins secretly. “Oh, is somebody acting irrational, I wonder?”
 
“Dammit monk, this is different and you know it!” the kappa yells. “Unlike you, I have a good reason to be jealous!”
 
“Pray tell, lover.” Sanzo finishes dressing, and checks his gun for bullets.
 
“Those beads Rikudo wears, lover,” Gojyo hisses accusingly. “They're yours, aren't they?!”
 
Sanzo slips the gun inside his sleeve, and sighs. “So what if they're mine, you idiot.”
 
“What's yours is mine, dammit!!!” Gojyo declares hotly. “I should be wearing them, not him! Those beads should be protecting me!
 
The monk abruptly opens the door, causing Gojyo to topple down and crack his head, adding injury to insult. Sanzo stares sternly upside-down at sulking red eyes. “Look, I'm going to go take care of Shuei, and then I'll take care of you, you brat!” he scolds, fighting back a grin at his lover's sullen, pouting face. He offers a hand to help the kappa up, but Gojyo glares and ignores it.
 
Sanzo shrugs, and turns to go.
 
“Oi! Wait!” the kappa calls, scrambling up.
 
The blond halts, turns, and raises his eyebrows, purple eyes twinkling.
 
Gojyo frowns, but still walks over to Sanzo. “Kiss me goodbye,” the kappa demands gruffly.
 
“I thought you were sulking?” Sanzo asks mockingly.
 
Gojyo glowers. “I am, you bastard.”
 
“Hn,” the priest snorts, draping his arms over Gojyo's shoulders and twining them about his neck. “Come here…” he murmurs huskily.
 
After the meltingly sweet, lingering kiss, Gojyo leans his forehead against Sanzo's and stares intensely into his lover's eyes. “You better come back to me, or else…” he growls softly.
 
“'Ch.” Sanzo reluctantly extricates himself from the kappa's arms. “I told you, you've got absolutely no reason to be jealous. It wasn't like that, you fool…” he murmurs, walking off.
 
“I meant you'd better come back to me alive, baka,” Gojyo mutters, secretly grinning as purple eyes widen, and Sanzo rushes back to crush him in a fierce embrace, hard lips devouring his mouth.
 
“Baby…” the blond groans. “Damn you, I have an obligation to finish!”
 
“Then go…” the kappa murmurs happily, gasping as Sanzo leaves love-bites all over his neck.
 
“You know very well I can't tear myself away when you say things like that, you bastard!”
 
“Hehehe…”
 
XxXxX
 
Meanwhile, in the woods, Rikudo taps his foot impatiently, arms crossed, a sour look on his face. “I could have sworn I heard a voice calling me to this place!” he frets angrily. “I'll have you know I don't appreciate being stood up…”
 
 
F.
 
Rikudo crashes through the bushes, cursing and muttering. Finally, in a clearing, he comes upon the priest, who is solemnly meditating.
 
“Kouryu!” the talisman master snarls. “At last you showed up!” Rikudo cackles evilly. “And I see you're praying for your soul, as well…”
 
Sanzo twitches, a suspicious pucker on his lips. “Yeah… er… right…”
 
Rikudo narrows his eyes. “This is another inside joke I'm not privy to, isn't it?!”
 
“E-hem!” The blond coughs sharply to keep from laughing. “Well if you haven't read `Misfit' then you wouldn't get it, no.”
 
The older man stomps his foot. “It's to do with that cocky redhead, isn't it!” he hisses. “That's why you've kept me hanging for four hours! I even met a narcissist madman wandering beyond those trees, he tried to hypnotize me, can you imagine…”
 
Sanzo gives a bored yawn.
 
“Grrr… It's not fair!” Rikudo screeches. “You were my Kouryu first!”
 
Genjo Sanzo kneads his temples. “What IS it about me that so fascinates members of the same sex?!” he mutters. “If it's not a deranged War God, it's the prissy bishop, or the crazed apprentice, or else it's this lunatic pedophile…”
 
Rikudo stutters with outrage. “And what about your silly overgrown horny kappa, huh?! At least all four of us are righteous, holy men, unlike your dirty, worthless half—“
 
“URUSEI!!!” Sanzo roars. He whips out the banishing gun and levels it between Rikudo's eyes. “Nobody, NOBODY, insults my baby!!!”
 
Rikudo sneers. “I realize now what this evil spirit wants most of all, Kouryu. The talisman hungers for your soul.”
 
Purple eyes glint icily. “Only Gojyo owns my soul,” Sanzo rasps quietly.
 
“Wanna bet?”
 
And Sanzo gasps as Rikudo employs the impressive spirit-binding technique, rendering the blond completely motionless. The older man cackles madly, until he realizes that the young monk is grinning up at him.
 
“What's so funny, Kouryu? Grinning at the irony of it all, are you?”
 
“Nah,” Sanzo drawls. “I was just wondering if you could possibly teach me this technique, Shuei…”
 
“S-seriously?” Rikudo gasps. “You would grant me the honor of being your instructor? I've always longed to pass on my teachings to such a brilliant pupil… *sniff*…”
 
“Hn…” Sanzo mutters distractedly. “My sweetie-pie just adores kink, you know… and to have him completely powerless, at my absolute mercy…” The violet eyes glaze over with passion.
 
Rikudo recoils. “You're SICK, Kouryu!!!” he shrieks, disillusioned beyond belief. “What has that pervert done to you!”
 
“Mmm…” Sanzo murmurs dreamily. “Bondage without ropes… my Gojyo will get a nosebleed for sure!”
 
“KOUR-YUUUU!!!”
 
 
G.
 
“Who was it who decided that birds are free, I wonder?” Koumyou Sanzo muses philosophically, while the young Kouryu diligently sweeps fallen leaves to feed their raging bonfire. “They fly where they please, it is true… But without a safe place to rest… they might regret having wings, don't you think?”
 
“Erm…” the boy replies noncommittally, busily tending the fire, the origin of which was another of Koumyou's half-smoked pipes absentmindedly set down in an unfortunate random spot.
 
“Perhaps true freedom,” Koumyou Sanzo persists, intent on impressing another lesson on his mutinous charge, “is having a home to return to.” And the High Priest smiles wisely as the flying birds finally reach them and soar overhead.
 
… And scold shrilly at finding their nesting grounds crackling merrily in an almighty blaze. Kouryu sighs and leans on his broomstick. His Master blinks in belated surprise.
 
“Whoopsie… Ahehehe…”
 
 
H.
 
Sanzo emerges from the woods, cross, sleepy, and still anemic. One look at his face, and Goku scrambles to the front seat without being told. Gojyo happily scoots over and pats his lap invitingly. The blond tosses his gun to Goku, and wearily collapses into the kappa's arms, with the warning growl - “I'm crashing. Anyone who disturbs me… I'll cut their nuts off.” He lays his head into the redhead's lap.
 
Gojyo flinches. Goku snickers, and stage-whispers: “Or, you could also bite their n—“
 
“YES, YES,” Hakkai cuts in loudly, elbowing the gleeful Goku. “Have a good sleep, Sanzo.”
 
Sanzo glares suspiciously at the snorting Goku and Hakkai for a brief moment, and decides it's not worth it. He nuzzles into the kappa's tummy instead, with a small sigh. “Master was right… Home is where the heart is…”
 
Gojyo stoops and plants a soft kiss on the shining blond hair. “Good night, baby… you keep your teeth where they belong, okay… Heh.”
 
“Urusei.”
 
And Gojyo gasps in delight as the monk presses a single, shining red bead into his palm.
 
 
A/N: ^^; The last joke is admittedly in bad taste (LOL), but the dub is to blame, not my demented self… XD
 
TBC!