GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Themes ❯ Almost Happy ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Almost Happy
Author/Artist: AquaianGoddess/Christina
Fandom: GetBackers
Themes: 04. Almost Happy
Rating: G
Pairing: None
Disclaimer: If it were mine, there'd be more sex, more blood and more nakedness (mmmm Naked Shido)
 
Thanks to Sammei for being my beta.
 
 
04. Almost Happy
 
Himiko drummed her fingers on the table, taking a sip of coffee as Maguruma placed his order with the waiter. Akabane was trying to figure out what song to play on the jukebox, and it was nearing one am. Here she was, in a Denny's in the middle of nowhere, with two men who were her coworkers on this job. Was she happy? She still had to hunt down the man who killed her older brother, and here she was, sitting in a diner with a man who was considered a homicidal maniac, and another who was reknowned for his speeding. They were the best of the best at the transporter biz. She worked long and hard to get where she was, but was she truly happy with it?
 
A kids' sundae with extra hot fudge and nuts with cherries on it was set down in front of her. She blinked at it. She had only ordered a coffee... She looked up to see Maguruma eating his sandwich. "You looked a little down. I thought that might cheer you up a bit."
 
She smiled at him. It wasn't a perfect life, but she could say she was happy with it.
 
Almost, anyway.