GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures In Bansitting ❯ Part 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 8
 
Shido stared at Ban as he sat in front of the door. “Hey, Snake Baby, Get away from the door.”
 
Ban stayed where he was in front of the front door.
 
“Snake Baby, I mean it.”
 
Still nothing.
 
Shido padded over and picked up Ban. “Come on-“
 
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Ban started to wail at the top of his tiny baby lungs.
 
Shido, startled, set Ban down on the floor again. “Whoa!”
 
Ban stopped crying and stared at the door.
 
“…What the hell are you doing, Snake Baby? Are you waiting for Ginji?” Shido sat down next to Ban. “I can't let you stay in front of the front door. There's a draft here. You'll get sick.” He went to pick up Ban again, and once again Ban started wailing. “Please stop crying? Please?” Shido set him down again with an exasperated sigh and went to go grab Ban's blanket and a few books and toys. “I spoil you rotten, Snake Baby…”
 
Shido spent the rest of the day there on the floor with Ban, watching him watch the door. Ban wouldn't respond to the toys, or the books when Shido tried to read to him. Ban fell asleep in front of the door, clinging to the blanket and snuggling against Shido. Shido fell asleep with Ban on his chest, right there in the middle of the floor.
 
~~
 
The soft creaking of the front door woke Shido from his slumber. A burglar?! Why didn't anyone warn him?! The figure knelt next to him and tried to take Ban from Shido's protective hold. Shido had the fucker on his back with his hand around the guy's throat in a split second, still holding onto Ban.
 
“Sorry, bub.” Shido snarled, nails shifting into claws as he pressed them into the intruder's neck. “You picked the wrong house to rob.”
 
“Shido….it's me…”
 
Shido blinked. “Ginji?”
 
There was a soft glow coming from Ginji's hand that lit the dark space… “Yes, it's me…”
 
Shido let Ginji go and stood, still holding onto Ban's sleeping form as he padded over to turn on the lights. “How'd you get in?”
 
“The monkey let me in.” Ginji pointed to the small monkey perched on the table by the door.
 
“…Why didn't you just knock?”
 
“I was about to when the monkey opened the door.”
 
Shido glared at the small primate. `Hey, I knew it was Ginji!' the small monkey said in protest. `I wouldn't open the door for just anyone, you know!'
 
“You should've woken me!” Shido grumbled, rubbing his neck.
 
“You just looked so peaceful…I didn't want to.” Ginji said, thinking Shido was addressing him.
 
“No I was-…never mind.”
 
“Did Ban-chan behave?” Ginji asked, taking the tiny baby from Shido.
 
Shido was tempted to rant and rave about what a hassle the damn brat was, but when he saw the look on Ginji's face as he cuddled the small child, murmuring softly about how much he missed the tiny boy, Shido couldn't do it. “He was a perfect angel. Really, I only wish he was so pleasant to be around as an adult.” Shido said instead.
 
He watched Ginji and Ban leave for the night with a smile. He was such a fucking sucker.
 
End Part 8