GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Through thick and thin ❯ prt2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



"B-Ban-Chan?"
I can't leave him... I ... need him... I let this happen to me, I let him in. Two empty souls filling each other...

A hand touched his shoulder.

Ginji left the Infinite Castle because his life there was a lie and not something he wanted. He turned his back on power, wealth and a place of his own. To take his chances with him.

The hand slid across his back and he was soon in Ginji's wet cold arms.
Ban had never felt warmer.

He straighetened and turned around to return the gesture. He held Ginji in his arms willing some warmth into the chilled body. Vaguely he realized they've just bathed and washed their clothes at the same time. He stopped himself from laughing because it would upset Ginji.

"Y-you shouldn't be thinking too much, Ban-chan." he said.

"I should say the same thing about you." he looked down at his best friend, no his soul's respite, and found him blushing, embarrassed by their closeness but not pulling away, supporting him as Ban had given him his silent support.

I... love him.

Somehow that admission didn't come as a surprise. He ran his fingers through Ginji's hair, pushing the wet spikes off his face, analyzing this new developement he found within.

And Ginji, although embarrassed, was comfortable in his arms.

Will I loose him if I take it that far? He needs me as I need him, such innocence he has looking up at me, his trust in me is... tremendous .

Do I dare? Do I dare open myself to him and take this relationship into a different level? It's too late for me, he's slipped pass my defenses. I have nothing to loose and everything to gain. No... I could loose him... BUT if I don't do this I'll never know!

"Ban-chan?" Ginji asked as the tall man stared at him, fingers frozen in his hair. Purple blue eyes hazy with contemplation. Ban's arm held him firmly around the waist, the dark hair plastered around his face reminded him of the man he fought and lost to. He held him tighter.

Midou Ban, devilishly cunning, cool and collect in battle, he relied on Ban for security, he depended on him for almost everything. And the man cared for him deeply, Ginji knew that, he trusted Ban completely.
So when Ban's lips covered his he was stunned.
He couldn't move, something passed between them that was like the euphoria of sucking up Infinite Castles power, but it wasn't violent it was .... warm and soothing and.... good. His lips brushed lightly over his lowerlip, pressing him gently, before pulling away.

Ginji pressed a hand over his lips and stared wide eyed at Ban who had that strange look in his eyes. He knew what a kiss was, he'd seen it done between boys and girls. He'd seen girls do it...

Ginji realized he was panting, breathless as the electric sensation of that kiss passed through him again. And he was suddently aware of their bodies pressed together. He took the hand off his lips and laid it flat on Ban's chest, his heart was beating wildly too and he's breathless like he was.
He looked up at Ban again who was giving him that smile that was only for him. There's hope in his eyes, and... vulnerability. Ban was risking himself when he kissed him, he's afraid of being rejected for this revelation of deeper feelings.
He understood what Ban is offering him. He didn't have to think about it, he just followed his heart as he always did. Ginji smiled back at his hopeful best friend and wrapped his arms tightly around his new lover burying his face against his wet clean neck. When Ban returned the hug it suddently meant more, it was richer, more encompassing. It was promises and vows, it was warmth and need, he was never going to be alone anymore, it was life and death, it's beyond being just friends now. They understood this is for life.

Through thick and thin.