Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mai went to SPR Office in a very bad mood. Not only she had a really terrible day in school but also she was late. And the last thing she needed at the moment was being scolded by her boss, narcissist Naru. She put down her jacket and sat near her desk. Maybe Naru didn`t notice that she hadn't been in the office the whole time. When she heard that her boss' office door opened, she quickly grabbed some files from her desk and pretending to read them.
“Thank you very much, Shibuya-san” said older man who went together with Naru from teen's office. “It's really means a lot to me.”
In reply Naru only nodded his head, and when the older man shoot the door behind him, he turned to his assistant.
“Call everyone, Mai, we have new case” he said and went to his office. Mai sighed with relief.
“And don't be late next time. I'm not paying you for not being in work” he added before closing his door.
Mai sighed again, but this time with resignation. She should had known that nothing can be hide from Naru. It looked like he has his eyes everywhere and on everyone. Sometimes Mai suspended that Naru wasn't normal human. She shook her head and call to every member of their team. She started missing them, there hadn't been very much cases lately.

“Mai! Long time no see… I missed you” Takigawa said half an hour later, when he, Ayako and John went to the SPR office.
“Bou-san… I can't… breath…” Mai said, trying to released his bear hug. She had missed him too, but it didn't mean that she had to had broken all bones in her body.
“Let her go, you idiot, you are killing her” Ayako said while hitting Takigawa in the back of his head
“What was that for?!” Takigawa shout little angry, while John was trying to calm them down.
“Ow, how sweet” said Gene, walking to the office “Our two love birds flirting again, huh?” he looked on two adults with smirk, not paying any attention the murderous looks on their faces. He had became one of the SPR's member when he came back to live again.
“Can we start?” Naru asked, walking out of his little office “Is everyone here?”
“Well… Masako isn't… “ Mai answered, looking on everybody.
“Hara-san has her own business and can't be here in this weekend, so we have to deal without her” Naru answered, sitting on couch. He opened a file and started to talk.
“The client is a principal from Shora High School.”
“I heard about this school” Takigawa said “In today's news, if I remember correct…”
“Yeah, I heard it to” Mai shout exited “They were talking about missing students or something like that… and somebody died there”
“Well, if you let me finish I will tell you what happened exactly” Naru said and Takigawa and Mai looked down ashamed in some way. “ In last two months three girls and five boys disappeared. Before these the girls were talking about some curse, but the principal wasn't sure exactly what it had been about. The students and teachers are scared, some of them are too afraid to coming to school. Everybody there are only talking about this events and situation in this school is very unstable right now, so he called to us. He don't believe on curse, to say the truth and he said that other will believe in that it's nothing paranormal if people working in this area tell them this. That's why he came to us.”
“Eight disappearing… it seems serious” Takigawa said, thinking “Do you have any theories, Naru?”
“No, I'm really suspicious what is going in this school”
“And what about this “curse” thing?” Mai asked, looking on the others “ Is it possible?”
“Well It's possible, because there are different curses on this planet” Gene answered to her. “But if there is really the curse we won't be able to break this without knowing the reason and source of it.”
“On the first, we don't know if there is any curse or ghost.” Ayako said
“But what with disappearing?” Mai asked her
“Well... when I lived in Australia, in one school there was a man who was kidnapping a teenage boys and killed them.” John said, looking little scary “Maybe it's this same thing in the Shora High School”
“I hope it's not… “ Mai whispered, thinking about it “It's horrible”
“Well, we can't tell if it's or it isn't if we don't check it” Naru said, standing “We are living tomorrow at 12 a.m.
Everybody nodded and stood up.
“Mai, don't be late” he added and started to walk to his office.
“Jerk…” Mai mumbled under her breath.
You know, you always can take care of her, so she won't be late” Gene said in Naru's head
And what do you mean by that?”
You can drive for her tomorrow or just walking her home tonight, and then… “
Stupid medium” Naru said and shut his office's door hard, what surprised everyone in the office. Gene smirked on his brother behavior.