Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The vision ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Mai was looking through the window speechless. This school looked like some old castle, not like normal high school's building.
“This place is huge” she said amusement.
The Shora High School is a private school with very expensive rent, so I'm not surprised by how it looks like.” Ayako said to her, also watching scenery. “I could live in that place, you know? Like a princess…” she added
“Aren't you little too old to calling yourself “ a princess?” asked Takigawa, looking on the road. Ayako hit him on the head, like usual, while John and Mai, who was riding on the back seats, just sweatdroped. “Watch out what you are doing, woman, I'm driving!” Takigawa shouted, rubbing his head “Personally, I don't think that I would be happy in that kind of school. Everywhere only rich, spoiled children, who care only about materials things. And yet teenagers. Nightmare.
“Oh, be quiet, you don't know what you are talking about” Ayako scowled and continued looking through the window. Mai only smiled. She loved to driving with them.
When they were on driveway, the big wooden doors opened, and the older man begin to walk down the stairs to them.
“Good morning, I'm Ijo Mabara, the head master on this school. I'm really thankful that you have been able to arrive here.” He shake everyone hands. “I prepared for you one of the empty room for your equipment, and two double rooms and one room for three person in school dorm just how you pleased. I hope you are fine with this?” he looked at them and Naru nodded his head.
“Yes, thank you, Mabara-san. Can you now show us this room? We want to put equipment there.” he said and principal lead them through the corridor.
“They can make a lot of money on letting tourist in here for sightseeing.” Gene said, looking around corridor. It had tall walls, with some paintings on them. On one of the pillar, which were connecting floor with ceiling Mai saw some little poster, which principal along with Naru and Lin hadn't seen. She came closer and look on it. She tried to hide smile.
“What you have there, Mai?” Gene asked, coming behind her. He saw that stopped and was curious why.
“Look” she pointed her head on the poster. It was very good made by computer caricature of principal, with some nice little verse describing him. Gene laughed.
“Well, it looks like students are this same everywhere. But the person who made it, did a very good job.”
“What are you looking on, kids?” Bou-san asked and looked on the poster “It seems that principal isn't very popular person here.” He said “I think that we should show it to Naru”
“But not when principal is around” Gene said, taking poster off and hiding it in his pocket “We could put someone into big troubles.
“Why we should show it to him?” Mai asked
“I don't know yet.” Gene answered “But it always can be helpful.
“What are you doing there?” they heard Ayako scream and immediately went to the rest. They went together into spacious room with only few tables and desk near the wall opposite door.
“This class hasn't been in use for few years, and nobody is coming here, so the students won't be interrupting you in your work.”
Naru nodded and send his team for equipment from the van. Mai took some cables from the car and went to school again. When she went through the door she suddenly stop in the middle of her track. Mai let go all the cables she was holding and fell on her knees, holding her stomach.
“Oi, Mai!” Takigawa shouted and run to her. He knelt next to her and looked on her face. “What's wrong?!” she was sickly pale and was looking in space before her with terrify in her eyes. “Mai!”
“What's happening?!” Ayako and Gene run to them. When they went through the door, teenage boy suddenly stopped and leant on the wall to support. He was looking almost as terrified as Mai. Lin, who run behind them, supported him before he fell on the floor.
“What's going on?” he asked, looking on Mai and Gene.
“We don't have idea, they suddenly fell.” Ayako answered looking worried.
Mai didn't listen them. She even didn't know that they were talking something. She looked in the space, but she wasn't seeing the corridor which they all had seen first time. She was looking on girl around her age who was in some strange room. Her eyes was looking straight on Mai, but there wasn't any life in it, they were empty. The shirt, which girl was wearing was covering with blood and floor around her leg was in blood too. She started moving her mouth, but the sound, which came from them wasn't human's voice, it was something terrible, what Mai couldn't recognize. But she understand the words, which the girl formed. And she started shivering. The vision disappearing.
“Mai! Gene!” Naru came from the base, when he heard noises. He saw Mai kneeling on the floor, looking pale like death, and Gene leaning on Lin, also terrified. He quickly approached them, and took Mai under her arms to help her stood up. He put one of her arms on his shoulder to help her walk to base.
“Lin, help Gene. Bou-san, Matsuzaki-san and John, take rest of equipment to the base, we will be there.” He said
The tree of them nodded and started to collecting the equipment, which they rest on the floor, while the rest four heading to the base.