Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The voice ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When everybody were in the base, Mai told them what she saw, while Gene was just looking through the window and thought deeply about something.
“And then she said: `He chosed next one'.” she finished, already calmed down a bit herself. She looked up on Naru, who was deeply thinking about something.
“Well, I'm not surprised that you were scared” Ayako said, looking on young girl. She felt pity for her. Mai always was the one, who had to saw the real story about haunting house or other things, and it was usually very stressful for her, like in Prime Minister home. Yet, she still was cheerful and didn't giving up in anything. It was really amazing for Ayako, but she wouldn't tell it anyway to Mai.
“This vision wasn't the worst” Gene said, looking on them “I didn't see it as clear as Mai, but what hit me the most was atmosphere in school at that moment. I hadn't felt anything when I went here first time. But in that moment there was only fear, anger and pure hate. I didn't feel anything like this before.”
“Well, this case is getting harder and more suspicious every minute. And we just arrived.” Takigawa said “It looks like we will spend here a lot of our time” he looked on everyone.
“We have to talk with other students, maybe they saw something or heard” Naru said opening files “And asked them about victims. Sometimes gossips can be helpful. Try not to walk alone, always have partner with you.”
“So, will you give us some job or we work on our own? Takigawa asked, and when Naru looked on him, he added “Yeah, what were I asking for? So, what we have to do?”
“John-san, Gene, you are going to check space around school, if you feel something, try to exorcist it, may be working. Takigawa-san, Mai, you are going to walk on second floor, where are classrooms, maybe you will be able to talk with some students unofficially. Me and Lin are going to talking with teachers.”
“Roger.” Takigawa said and smiled to Mai, who was still looking little pale.
“And what with me?” Ayako asked, indignated by fact, that he had forgotten about her.
“You are staying here, Matsuzaki-san” Naru said, heading to the door with Lin.
“Why? Usually Mai is the one who staying in base.” She said confused, looked on Takigawa.
“Yes, but Mai can take some connection with student, because she is in their age” Naru answered “and you are too old to do this” with this words he went out from the room.
The rest of the team tried to hide their laughing, while poor miko was looking speechless on the closing door. Slowly, her face started to show furious.
“Naru! You little brat, come back here!” she shouted
“Maybe we should leave” Takigawa suggested, while dragging Mai from the base. Gene and John went quickly behind them. They didn't like idea to stay alone with furious Ayako. It wasn't safe. Especially for Gene, who looked exactly like Naru.

“Wow, this school is really huge” Mai said, walking up the stairs “But I don't like idea to walking here alone, especially at night.
“And why is that?” Takigawa said, looking around
“Look on this portraits and pictures” she pointed on the walls “It seems, like they are watching you like you have done something against the rules. It's nervous. And paintings aren't very optimistic either, all about wars or death… it's terrible.” She added, very content that Takigawa was with here. She wasn't alone and he sometimes remind her about caring father or older brother who she never had.
“Yeah, you are right.” He said, looking on the paintings. “ But it's always like that in old buildings. And I think that students here get used to it.”
Mai suddenly stopped in the middle on the step and turned around. She saw some figure, walking from the corridor, which was in the e shadow. She started to be scared.
“Bou-san” she said with shaking voice. The man looked around and when he saw figure he put his hand in position to spell a chant. He stood before Mai, who looked from behind his back. She was sure that it was a girl from earlier. Then, the figure went out from the shadow and they sighed with relief. It was normal girl in the school uniform, who was walking with her head down and reading something in her notebook. She went up on the stairs and suddenly looked up. When she saw them, she screamed a little, and tried to take a step back, but she couldn't take a balance on the stairs. Takigawa took one big step and took her hand before girl fell down.
“Look out, you don't want to break something to yourself” he said, when girl stood steadly on the stairs.
“Geez, don't scared people like that.” She said to them, sighing. “ I thought that you're this ghosts, about who everyone is talking.”
“No, we are normal humans” Mai said, smiling “I'm Mai Taniyama and this is Houshou Takigawa.”
“Oh, you are from Shibuya Psychic Research? Principal was talking about you. Well, it would be great if you solve this problem, because it's terrible here right now. We can't do anything because the teachers are watching us all the time.” She stopped and turned her head little “Damn, Mabara is coming” she said “Sorry, guys, but I have to go or I will have trouble. I should be in class right now. See ya.” She run quickly upstairs, taking two steps at once.
Mai and Takigawa looked on each other, they hadn't heard anything. After a while they finally heard a principal's voice, together with Naru's.
“Well, this girl really have good hearing. I wouldn't hear them until now” Takigawa looked little surprised “It's little amazing, you know”
“I think that we should go upstairs before Nary will see us standing and doing nothing.” Mai said “I don't want to be his victim in scolding”
They went on the second floor, and looked around. All doors were closed, what means that the lessons was continuing. Mai felt suddenly cold and looked around, but she saw nothing. She turned to Takigawa, only to be stopped suddenly by voice, which came from nowhere.
“Stop him” she heard. It was the same strange voice from before, but this time she could recognize the words clearly. “Stop him, before he will kill the next.”
Mai looked with widen eyes and started shivering. This voice was terrible, it doesn't remind anything normal.
“Oi, Mai, what's wrong?” Takigawa looked on her, surprised.
“I heard this voice again.” She answered, looking on him “Bou-san, this sound is terrible. It's not like human's…”
“I think that we should come back and tell it to everybody. After all, we don't have anything to do here until the lessons will finish.”
“Yeah, you are right” They went down “It remains me, that we didn't put our equipment in the rooms, like always. We only took them from the van.”
“Yes, principal said, that we can do it after lessons, because it will be disturbing everybody” he suddenly felt that some strange power push him from behind and he catch the barrier fast, before he fall from the stairs. He knelt on one knee and almost put his only support.
“Bou-san!” Mai shout, and catch him by his arm. He stood up and turn around, but he didn't see anything.
“Somebody pushed me.” He said to her, looking carefully on the stairs before his eyes. But there empty, no matter how long he had been watching them. “I think, that we have to really warn the others.”
Mai looked little scared but nodded and they went to the base