Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ Settle in ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Naru listened what happened to Mai and Takigawa and thought about something very hard. He was suspicious what is wrong with the voice, which Mai was hearing. It was certain, that it belongs to one of the victims, one of the girls, but he didn't know why Mai thought that it's not normal sound. Well, on that moment they knew two things: the victim weren't alive and that they have to deal with some powerful ghost or demon. Naru really hoped that it would be this first option. They could exorcist the ghosts, but it wouldn't work on the demons. He sighed. They were there only for two hours and already Takigawa had been attacked and Mai and Gene have some terrible vision plus hearing voices. It would be very hard and stressful case… and he didn't like this idea at all.
His thought was interrupted by Gene and John, who came in the base. He looked at them with questioning look.
“We found nothing” Gene said to his twin “The area around school is as clean as glass in your office.” he didn't care about look, which sent him Naru
I wanted to say: as clean as your love to Mai, so be happy that I changedmy mind” he said in Naru's mind.
I don't love her, and stop talking about it already. Naru said, trying not to show any feelings on his face, but there was slowly started to showing little sparkles of anger and embarrassment.
Only when you say her your feelings, dear brother” Gene smirked . Only he saw little blush on his twin's cheeks.
I won't because there aren't any” Naru started to lose his patient. He hated that Gene always could dais what he felt.
Oh, come on, idiot, we both know that right now you want to take her in your arms and kiss her and…”
Could you please shut up, I tried to work. Stupid medium” Naru turned around, so nobody could see his blush and embarrassment now showing on his face. Gene only smirked on his brother. He loved to tease him, especially about Mai.
Naru was glad, that no one could hear what this idiot was talking about. He looked on the papers lying on the desk and sighed. He really didn't know what was going on in this school. The worse information was that victims probably dead and it was painful dead, based on what Mai and Gene had seen. And Takigawa was attacked, what means that ghost or anything what was really hunting this school didn't like their presence here. And it was happening to fast.
“I think that after lessons we should start to talking with students.” He said, turning to the rest “Takigawa-san, John-san, you are going to put cameras and microphones in classrooms and other rooms, Mai and Matsuzaki-san, you will check the temperature in class. Me, Gene and Lin will talk with students, principal will sent them here after lessons.”
“Why he can't do it now? I thought that he wanted to solve it as fast as we can” Mai asked, confused
“He said also that education is the most important thing” Naru shrugged, looking on the papers he took to his hand. “I couldn't argument with him”
Mai nodded. When they heard that some bigger group is going down the stairs, Mai opened the door.
“Well, it looks like lessons is over.” She said, turned to her boss
“We can start our job now.” He said.
Everybody went out to do what Naru said them. Mai was watching the students, who they passing. Some of them looked on her and Ayako with less interest than on the dust and some even didn't bother about them. It was like in normal high school.
Taking temperatures and putting equipment took them more than two hours. When they came back, they saw that Naru and the others two men was talking with two girls.
“All is done, Naru” Takigawa said and sat on one of the chair, waiting to them to finish interview.
“So, you don't know anything at all about it?” he asked the girls. One of them started to cry. Mai looked on her and sweatdroped. She was definitely playing, but she wasn't sure why.
“No, Shibuya-san, we don't have good contact with them. They were in different class after all, so, we don't meet each other very often.” The second girl said, looking bored because of this conversation. “I think that you should talk with people from their class, they were in one.”
Naru looked curious
“All of them were in one class?” he repeated looking on the girl
“I said it, didn't I? Well, at least I think that…” she added, thinking deeply about this. “I'm sure that three boys were in one, because they were very handsome and reach, so we always tried to talk with them.”
Naru nodded. To this point, they have nothing new. It looks like they should talk with people from this class. Maybe they knew something.