Ghost Hunt Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunted School ❯ The Interview ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mai was alone in big dark room, without any windows. She looked around and saw five stone tables, which were looking like altars. She went closer. Suddenly, the lights on the walls around her turn on and her breath was suddenly stopped by terror because of the sight in front of her. What she saw was three girls lying on this altars, all in long black dress. Mai looked on one girl and she saw that it was the one who she saw in her vision. She went near this girl and looked closer. Now she saw that the girl's neck was covered by blood, which had to be coming from long and deep wound. She had smaller wounds on her hand too. It looks like somebody was cutting her by knife or some other sharp thing. Mai shivered. Something terrible had happened there… She looked on other bodies, they were in that same state like first. Mai took a step back and felt something wet under her feet. She looked down and saw blood… all floor was covered by blood. But it was too much blood on three girls. Mai looked around and saw long trail on the floor which look like something was drugging there. She went along this trail and saw that it leads to big closet, in size four normal. She raised her shaking hand to open the door. She looked inside and started screaming very hard.

Ayako heard loud and terrified screaming of younger girl and woke up in one moment. She quickly got up from bed, and run to Mai, who was still sleeping and screaming. She shook her, but it didn't work. She shook her harder, but when it didn't work neither, she slapped her. Not very hard, but enough to woke up her. Mai looked on her with terror in eyes and tears started to run down her cheeks.
“Mai, what happened?!” she asked worried, when she hugged her very tight and started to crying harder. They heard a knocking to the door and after a while all guys went inside to room, looking very worried on Mai, who was still crying on Ayako's chest.
“What's going on?” Takigawa asked while sitting on the bed and rubbing Mai's head to comfort her. “Mai, are you ok?”
“I saw them” she sobbed, didn't looking up.
“You saw whom?” Gene asked, looking on them and couldn't not think that they looked like small family.
“I saw the students who disappeared.” She answered finally looked up on them. Her eyes was read “They are all dead… and they…” she started to cry again.
Naru moved to her side and put his hand on her shoulder. She looked on him surprised, he didn't do anything like that before. He never tried to comfort her like that.
“Calm down” he said, looking into her eyes. He couldn't stand that she had to went through this again. This pain in her eyes was killing him. Like now he wanted to take her in his arm and comfort her, but he couldn't do it, not when everybody was watching them. “You will tell us everything tomorrow morning.”
“Thanks Naru.” She smiled to him little sad.
He nodded and left the room. The rest of them soon went behind him, leaving two girls alone. Ayako was sitting on Mai's bed, until she slept again, this time dreamless.

They all met each other in the base. Mai told them what she saw in her dream. She still was little pale, affected by the night vision.
“And when I opened the door of closet, I saw this boys, but they… “she shivered “they didn't have legs and hands, they looked like somebody had cut it. It was terrible” she hide her face in her hands. She still could seeing it before her eyes. She really wanted to forget this view. But she couldn't.
“The girls was tortured and lying on the altars in dresses” Naru said “Boys lost their hands and legs, everybody are death.” He thought deeply about something “What the hell is going on with this school”
“Room without window, it can be in basement somewhere.” Takigawa said.
They were interrupted by knocking to the door. When Mai opened it, they saw two girls in school's uniform. One of them was this girl, who Takigawa and Mai met yesterday.
“How can we help you?” she asked two girls.
“Mabara- sensei said that you want to talk with some students from our class. He sent us here.” Said girl with brown hair and very green eyes. Her friend had black hair and blue eyes.
“Sit down” Naru said and pointed them two chairs. He sat opposite them. Lin prepared his computer to made notes.
“On the beginning tell us what's your names?”
“I'm Shannon White” said brunette “And this is Cat Hyuuga. We are in one class with Mia, Alexandra, Sam, Will and Ayo, this people who disappeared”
“It's five people, what with the rest?”
“They were one year younger from us” Cat said “But they usually was walking around together. Alex was Mia's younger sister.”
“Alex was this missing person, yes?” Naru asked, and Cat looked on him but didn't say anything.
“Yes, he was in class with Liza and Jim.” Shannon answered “Will has little crush with Liza but they wasn't together, because she fell in love with Ayo. All eight were good friends.”
“Is there something else what connecting them?” Naru said, already knew what mistake he did.
“Well, no really… “ Cat thought from a moment “Their parents are friends, but I don't think that there is something more”
“Their parents were here after their disappearing?”
“No” Cat smiled a little with irony. “They said, that they surely run away and they don't see any reason to short their vacation in Europe.”
“What?!” Takigawa shouted “Their children disappeared and they didn't even care about it?”
“Well it's nothing new.” Cat looked on him. “Most of the people here is in this same situation”
“Their parents want only make a carrier and have more money” Shannon explained “If you are boy, your situation is a little better, because thanks to you, the name will be last longer. But if you are girl you are not very important to them. My family isn't like that, thanks God.”
“So they even didn't make a call to asked about them later?” Naru asked curious
“You have to asked principal about it” Cat asked “But I think that they didn't.”
Naru thought about something deeply.
“Do you know anything about big room without window in this school?” Gene asked, standing near window and looking on the girls.
“Under school and the area around are basements, so maybe one of them” Shannon said
“Or one of the secret rooms, there are few in this school” Cat added.
“Secret rooms?” Naru turned his attention to her. The rest of the team went closer to hear better.
“Yeah, there are some inside this school. After all, in almost every old building like this one architects added that kind of room.” Cat said “I don't know how many people know about them here, because teachers don't.”
“How do you know about them in this case?” Naru asked
“I'm living in this place since I was 10. Eight years is enough long time to explore building, especially when you are staying here on Christmas and don't have anything to do. The first room I discover by accident when I tried to hide before principal. I didn't want to have a problems. Then I started to look next. I found 5 to this time. But there can be more.”
Naru took a plan of the school from one of the folder and gave it to Cat.
“Can you put them on this map, please? And how to get inside?”
“No problem” she answered and took a pencil. After ten minutes she circled five places and wrote near them clues. “It's all of them.
“Thank you. If we have more questions we will contact with you.” Naru said, looking on the map.
“They were helpful” Takigawa said, when girls came out. “I wasn't….”
Before he could finish his sentence they heard loud scream coming from the corridor.