Ghost In The Shell Fan Fiction ❯ Won't you be mine? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever written and I don't know why I'm posting it…minus the fact that there needs to be more TougusaXBatou on here.
 
DISCLAIMER: I don't own either GITS or the Music Man “Lida Rose”.
 
 
 
I slowly opened the door to his office, and poked my head in, only to see him sitting at his desk, working. I slipped in and softly shut the door behind me, tightening the blanket I had around myself. As I tip-toed up behind him, I reached out to touch his shoulder. I coughed loudly.
“What the…! Oh, it's just you,” he had jumped out of his chair and was facing me. “What are you doing up at an hour like this? You look miserable,” he said, slowly sitting back down. I only nodded my head. “Listen, if you're gonna end up this sick, I'm taking you to the hospital in the morning, whether you like it or not.” He sat there, staring at me…probably analyzing my body temperature or something with those cyber-netic eyes of his.
“Every time I try to lay down, I get cold…then hot…then I cough myself half to death…then I get cold again…I'm so miserable Batou. Don't you have anything I can take for my cough at least?” He sighed, turning back around to face his work.
“I don't get sick. I don't keep medicine in this house…I don't need to.”
“Damn you…” I trailed off as I went into another coughing fit. I felt the floor come up to greet me and my eyes clenched closed. I was gonna pass out if I didn't get a good breath in soon. I felt big, strong hands sitting me up and a cool glass against my lips. I drank and realized it was water. I opened my eyes to see Batou on the floor next to me.
He sighed, shook his head and set the glass on his desk. He wiped the tears that had escaped my eyes and picked me up off the floor. “Up you go,” he carried me out to the living room, where he sat down in his recliner, with me on his lap. He rearranged my blanket and pressed my head down to his shoulder. My eyes drifted closed as he rocked the lazy-boy back and forth, my head lolling slightly on his shoulder.
Basie, Batou's basset hound, shuffled in from the kitchen. He took a look at us, whined and sat at Batou's feet. Batou laughed. “Usually, he's the one in the chair with me. You took his spot tonight.”
He slowly dragged his hand over my back and gently rubbed my neck. I `mmm'-ed under my breath as I sighed, breathing easily for the first time that night.
 
Lida Rose, I'm home again Rose…
To get the sun back in the sky.
 
Lida Rose, I'm home again Rose…
About a thousand kisses shy
 
“Are you singing me to sleep, Batou?”
“Maybe…now shut up.”
 
Ding, Dong, Ding…
I can hear the chapel bell chime.
Ding, Dong, Ding…
At the least suggestion,
I'll pop the question.
 
He had a nice voice…I'll give him that. A very deep baritone…bordering on bass. It shook thru his chest and kissed my cheek. I sighed and pressed my nose into his shirt.
 
Lida Rose, I'm home again Rose…
Without a sweetheart to my name.
 
Lida Rose, now everyone knows…
That I am hoping you're the same.
 
He paused for a moment. “Don't stop…” I whispered. A soft chuckle.
 
So here is my love song
Not fancy or fine…
 
He leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my feverish forehead. “Lida Rose, oh won't you be mine?”
“Sure…Batou…” I whispered and fell asleep in Batou's arms.
 
~fin~
 
 
Eeee…*runs and hides from readers*