Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ And If The Sun Won't Shine... ❯ Resurrection ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

RESPONSE TO REVIEWERS OF TRACK 4 AND V-DAY INTERLUDE
ichigo-chan: Arigatou, na no da! Here's Track 5 for you ^__^
clari chan: I'm glad you still like the interlude. I know Shuichi seems too sweet in it but hey… Too much angst kills the sap >.< Hehe…
Azure: Thank you and please keep reading!
Kitty in the Box: Taki won't appear until the next chapter, at least. Expect a fighting scene when he appears (wink)
Kimika: Thanks a lot for the fav!! Here, I updated. Hope you like it.
LilBlue-Hedggie: Hehehe… I like the `Shuichi-sexual' part to!
Rica_star: Here's an update!
Thank you for still reading AitSWS. I hope you'll like this chapter. As promised, more secrets will be revealed. The songs `Resurrection', `Possessed' and `This Feeling' are MINE so pardon the crappiness of the lyrics. I've also changed my mind and decided to NOT include Ayaka in this story. So, it's gonna be HiroxSuguru! Warning!: This chapter has less Yuki in it. Sowie!!
Introducing Shindou Aoshi in
TRACK 5: RESURRECTION
- Nittle Grasper Revival & the Birth of `Yuki Eiri '-
 
`Na no na no da! Don't forget to turn to Channel 9 at 10 in the morning today, Tatsuha-kun!'
 
That was said by Ryuichi three hours ago. Now, three hours later, Uesugi Tatsuha was practically gawking at the TV. The programme he was watching had long since ended but he was still sitting there, looking at the TV or rather; past the entertainment box. Even Eiri, who was typing in Shuichi's study, wondered how the apartment could be so silent when there was Tatsuha in the living room. “Sweet mother of pearl… I don't believe this… Un-fucking-believable! WAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!” Tatsuha whooped in complete joy when everything clicked in his mind. He made a mental note to glomp his brother-in-law senseless the next time he saw the guy. Just a few moments ago, Tohma, Noriko and Ryuichi officially announced the reunion of Nittle Grasper. “NG WILL BE BACK! NG WILL BE BACK! WOOHOOOO!!!” He started to do a merry jig, forgetting the fact that he should already be doing his homework. “Bad Luck rules the Pop Chart and Nittle Grasper rules the Rock Chart! Ooh, life is fantastic! Go Shuichi-san! Go Ryuichi!!”
 
“Arigatou, na no da!!”
 
Tatsuha jumped at the merry voice from the doorway. He turned around and came face to face with a bouncing Ryuichi. “Ryuichi is so happy, na no da! Tatsuha-kun loves us! Yay, Kumagorou!” The singer threw his pink bunny into the air gleefully. Tatsuha, who was blushing furiously, scratched the back of his head. `Actually, I'd rather say `I love you' and your exact words should be `Tatsuha-kun loves me!' instead of `Tatsuha-kun loves us!'. Ooh, Ryuichi…' thought Tatsuha, sighing dreamily. Ryuichi proceeded to tell Tatsuha about a TV show Nittle Grasper was going to be on with Bad Luck. He wanted Tatsuha to come along and of course our dear Tatsuha said `yes'! “We're going to sing a brand new song!” cried Ryuichi excitedly. Tatsuha's eyes glazed over with admiration. Finally, Nittle Grasper's new song! “I'll be looking forward to it, Ryuichi,” the raven-haired teen uttered. Ryuichi's smile, if possible, widened.
 
The moment was broken when the phone rang out of the blue. Ryuichi rushed to answer it, thinking it was Tohma or even Shuichi. “Moshi moshi, Sakuma Ryuichi and Shindou Shuichi's residence!”
 
“Er…Sakuma Ryuichi-san?” came a hesitant voice from the other side of the phone. The gleam in Ryuichi's eyes died instantly. That voice… Impossible… Tatsuha blinked at his change in expression. Ryuichi looked more serious than his stage profile. The next Tatsuha knew, Ryuichi slammed the receiver angrily. The singer took a deep breath to calm his self down. “Ryuichi, are you okay?” Ryuichi snapped out of his short trance and flashed a shaky smile before the childlike glint returned full force into his eyes. “Daijoubu, Tatsuha-kun. Ne, let's get something to eat, shall we? How about the new vanilla ice cream?”
 
“Vanilla ice-cream? Yum! Let's raid the kitchen!”
 
“Na no na no da!”
 
Just when the two made their way to the kitchen, a frustrated cry was heard from Shuichi's study. “Argh!! Damn this story to hell! I'm fucking stuck!!!” Tatsuha and Ryuichi sweatdropped. Oh, poor Eiri…
 
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o->
 
Sakano was pacing around the studio with sweats continuously trickling down his face. “What are we going to do? Nittle Grasper is back! And we still have to compete with ASK. Oooh!! What will happen?! What will happen?!” K finally got tired of the producer's pointless rambling and pointed his gun to the poor man's temple. “Shut up or die.” Sakano promptly shut up. “There's nothing to worry about,” said Shuichi, who was playing a light tune with his acoustic guitar. “Nittle Grasper and ASK are different from us. We have our share of fans, so why worry?” Suguru seconded the statement. “True. Nittle Grasper doesn't have guitarists, do they? We're so different.”
 
Hiro smirked and nodded. “Like they said. C'mon, Sakano-san! You worry too much!” Sakano sighed in defeat and adjusted his spectacles. At that exact moment, Shuichi started playing a new tune. Hiro and Suguru looked at each other while K looked amused. It was a beautiful tune: melancholic yet bittersweet. Then the vocalist started singing along:
 
What is this feeling I have in me?
It's something I never did foresee.
It's making my heart
beat like crazy
I don't know how
and when it comes to be...
 
A collective gasp was heard but Shuichi ignored it point blank.
 
Why does this feeling reside in my heart?
Feels like I never want us to ever be apart
It's making me play my so-called righteous part
I don't know how and where it starts...
 
Hiro and Suguru listened attentively to the new melody. They were awed at the lyrics. Their Shuichi was not one who writes romantic lyrics, that's for sure. But this new piece was so different from their last song. It was a complete opposite to `Possessed'! Sakano looked like a gaping fish. K had closed his eyes and nodded at the melody and lyric every now and then.
 
This feeling...
A part of me feels like letting it go.
A part of me feels like letting it flow.
I don't know what I really want to.
Someone, please tell me what to do!
I never felt like this before.
It's sweet but why do I hurt more?
Someone, please set me free!
Tell me
of this feeling I have in me.
 
TING!
 
The beautiful melody came to an end when one of the strings broke. Shuichi shrugged and searched for a new string. “That was so…” Hiro trailed off, not knowing how to describe the song Shuichi just played. “Marvellous… So very beautiful,” Suguru provided, still awed. Sakano was not able to say anything but if you look at him, you'd see the sparkling stars he had in his eyes. K clapped his hands a couple of times. “Fujisaki's right. That was beautiful, Shuichi! What's it called?”
 
“…'This Feeling'.”
 
Hiro raised an eyebrow at that. “Any special meaning behind that particular piece?”
 
Shuichi glared. Truthfully, the song was written only two days ago and he came up with the melody the previous night. He was observing a sleeping Eiri when the song came to life. He was just ending the chorus when the string broke and it felt like a bad omen or something… He'd been feeling…weird. It was like something big was going to happen. Not to mention his dreams - or nightmares, to be exact. The nightmares were going haywire.
 
Tap! Tap! Tap!
 
The door to the studio creaked open after three knocks. “Hello, everyone,” greeted Tohma. Sakano and Hiro bowed respectfully. K and Fujisaki merely nodded in acknowledgement. Shuichi, on the other hand, simply looked bored. “I'm sorry for interrupting your practice session but I need to speak with Shuichi,” he stated, looking at K. The manager grinned and held up a victory sign. “No problem there, Tohma.” Shuichi groaned and followed Tohma out of the studio. “What's so important that you can't wait at least until lunch?” the annoyed vocalist fired a question as soon as he helped himself onto the couch in Tohma's office. He fiddled with a small cushion there, muttering curses under his breath. Tohma handed him a glass of orange juice and sat down beside the boy.
 
“Loosen up, Shuichi. You've been working too hard on the album.”
 
“To beat you guys, I must.”
 
Tohma tensed at that, earning a mocking smirk from Shuichi. “I'm just kidding, Tohma. Singing is not about winning. It's about sending out emotions. Anyway, I don't think it's time to talk about that. Now, what is it that you really want to tell me?” Tohma's smile vanished completely off his face. He didn't know how Shuichi would take this new bit of information he just obtained. “Ryuichi called.”
 
“And?”
 
“…He called your apartment.”
 
“What the hell, Tohma? Ryuichi lives there with me! Why would he call our apartment?”
 
“No, not Ryuichi. I mean, he called your apartment,” Tohma emphasised the word `he'.
 
Shuichi was still confused. “Who's he?”
 
“…He's back, Shuichi.”
 
“Who…” Shuichi trailed off. His confused expression transformed into a shocked one. “No. No. Tell me it's not him. Tell me it's not him, Tohma!”
 
Tohma shook his head. “I wish I could, Shu. I've called the airport to ask if there was someone with that name. He's arrived yesterday.”
 
Glimpses of shining brown hair and sparkling green eyes washed all over Shuichi, sending shivers up his spine. “…No…”
 
“Aoshi's back.”
 
“… Aoshi-sensei... No…”
 
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o->
 
Sakuma Holding stood proudly in a middle of the busy city of Tokyo. It was a magnificent skyscraper, designed to look like a gigantic hourglass. All the glasses and mirrors reflect the beautiful sky and the city. Ryuichi parked the red Porsche he drove in front of the building, ignoring admiring gasps people were giving him upon seeing the car. He was wearing a dark blue sunhat and a pair of sunglasses in similar shades so that people won't recognise him as THE Sakuma Ryuichi. Kumagorou was nowhere to be seen for Ryuichi preferred to be perfectly adult, just this once. He took the elevator to the tenth floor and headed for a table just outside an office door. “Excuse me, Miss. Is Mr. Hoshino Shouji in?”
 
The woman, obviously a secretary, nodded. “Yes, the president is inside. Is there anything I can help you with, Sir?” Ryuichi smiled and took off his disguise. The secretary gasped in shock. “Sa..Sa..Sakuma-sama!” “Please, inform Hoshino-san I'd like to meet him.”
 
“Right away, Sir!” She informed the president with the intercom and motioned for Ryuichi to go inside. Ryuichi bowed gratefully and went in. He was immediately greeted by a middle aged man with black, greying hair. “Ryuichi-sama!” The man practically shouted. He shook the singer's hand vigorously. “It's been such a long time since I last saw you and look! You're still as charming as ever!” Ryuichi laughed in a good way. “Thank you, Hoshino-san. You're right; it's been a long time. I see you've taken a good care of this company.” The older man's eyes stated to water. “It's the least I could do to honour your family, Ryuichi-sama.” His eyes looked sad. Ryuichi patted Shouji's shoulder to calm the emotional man down. “Let's sit down and talk.”
 
The secretary, whose name Ryuichi found out to be Kenji Aiko, served them tea. Ryuichi preferred a juice but he was not complaining. “Ryuichi-sama, I still think you should take over. This company needs to be under a Sakuma.” Ryuichi shook his head twice. “No, Hoshino-san. Not yet. You know I still have my career.”
 
“Ah, yes. Nittle Grasper is officially back now, I see. I wish you the best of luck, Ryuichi-sama.” Ryuichi thanked the man. “How's Shuichi-sama, by the way? My daughter is crazy about his band, Bad Luck. Both of you are really born for music.”
 
“Shuichi's fine, physically at least. Speaking of which, the real reason of my visit is him.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“Look, Shuichi would practically kill me if he knows about this but I want you to arrange a few bodyguards for him. I had Tohma do the same but I figured a few more won't hurt.”
 
Now, Shouji looked really concerned. “That can be arranged alright but what's happened, Ryuichi-sama? Is someone trying to hurt him?” Ryuichi shook his head. “I don't know. All I know is that the return of Aoshi to Tokyo could not be good. No, not good at all.”
 
“Aoshi? As in, Shindou Aoshi?”
 
“That's him.”
 
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o->
 
“We trusted you, Aoshi-sensei! I trusted you! How could you?!” shrieked a twelve-year-old Shuichi. He sounded nothing like his age as he spoke. A handsome 22-year-old man with shiny dark-brown hair and charming green eyes laughed out loud. It was obvious that he was drunk. “Aw, c'mon Shuichi. What harm would it bring?” he slurred, taking a step closer to the enraged boy. “You knew my family is in danger and you spill our secret to our enemy! Why? Aoshi laughed again. He didn't answer the boy but Shuichi`s eyes widened as he scanned the room. A few 10000 Yen notes were scattered around the room, as if they were thrown around by careless hands. Aoshi, still laughing, collapsed onto the floor. Shuichi couldn't believe his eyes.
 
“Aoshi-sensei…You… The money… Damn you! We trusted you, we loved you. But you.. You… YOU SOLD US!!” The boy kicked the laughing man with all his might and ran out in angry tears. He had to get to his house - fast! “Please, let minna-san be safe!” He ignored Aoshi's drunken yelling of his name and continued running. “Shuichi!”
 
“Shuichi!”
 
“Shuichi!”
 
Huh?
 
Shuichi blinked a few times. Eiri was worriedly waving his hands in front of his face. The vocalist forgot he was actually talking to Eiri. “Are you okay, Shuichi? I was scared shitless for a moment there. You looked so pale!” Shuichi shook his head and sighed. “I'm okay. (Eiri didn't look convinced) Really, I'm okay Eiri. What were you saying just now?” Although Eiri knew Shuichi was probably thinking about his past or something troubling, he decided to put the matter aside. He didn't want to get into a shouting match with his lover again. “I met my editor, Mizuki, today. She said I should come up with a pseudonym - a pen name for my future books. I don't really get it but she said it's important, something about new company policy or whatever. The problem is I don't know what name I should use. Damn, I love my name!” Eiri ended his sentences with a huff. True, he loved his name, especially when said by Shuichi. Oops, there he was thinking with his hormones again. Grr…
 
Shuichi studied Eiri closely; from the gorgeous golden locks, gleaming golden eyes, delicate fair skin, sexy lips, charming smile… The list went on and on. He was a picture of innocence. It was as if Eiri was surrounded by a beautiful white light that illuminated his beauty even more.
 
It reminded Shuichi of snow: white, soft to the touch - beautiful.
 
Shuichi smirked and wrapped his hands around Eiri's neck. “How about `Yuki'?” Eiri raised a curious eyebrow. “'Yuki'? Snow? Hmm, that sounds good. Let's see. `Shining' by Yuki. Hmm…” “Not just Yuki, you silly. Didn't you say you love your name? Keep it.”
 
“'Yuki Eiri'?”
 
A nod.
 
“But why `Yuki'?”
 
Shuichi felt like the day Eiri asked him about the new chapter title again. The guy just loved asking `why'. `I'm going to regret saying this,' he thought. “Look at you. Your eyes, your hair, your skin, they're all fair. Snow falls stubbornly in winter even if some people couldn't stand the coldness it brings. You, Mr. Novelist, are stubborn and persistent as hell. (Eiri opened his mouth to protest but Shuichi stopped him) But snow, as described by many, is beautiful.” That being said, Shuichi placed a chaste kiss on the author's lips. Eiri sniffed, deeply touched. Shuichi had just indirectly said he was beautiful. “That means a lot to me, Shu. Yuki Eiri it is, then. You know something Shuichi?”
 
“What `something'?”
 
“If I'm snow, then you're a rose. Rose has it's thorns but it was a symbol of beauty all the same. Delicate petals, angelic scent, dangerous thorns - just like you, Shuichi. You're my beautiful rose,” Eiri kissed Shuichi softly again and hugged him close to him. His heart jumped with joy when Shuichi did not resist. The singer's mind was a turbulent wave of emotion. He was being compared to a rose by Eiri. He really didn't know what to say at that. Maybe, just maybe, he'd believe Eiri. Maybe he was a rose…
 
…A withering rose, if not a dead one.
 
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o->
 
The big day had come. Nittle Grasper and Bad Luck were going to be on TV, singing their new songs. Shuichi had chosen to perform `Possessed' and `The Rage Beat'. Ryuichi told him they were going to sing Sleepless Beauty and a new song, which will be their new single. He refused to tell Shuichi the title. “Suspense is a great genre, don't you think?” Ryuichi had said that with Kumagorou hanging on his shoulder. Tatsuha and Eiri sat at the front row, anticipating the appearances of their respected love interests. After a few questions, Bad Luck kicked off the performance with The Rage Beat - Remix. It was way better than the original version because this new version had Shuichi play his acoustic guitar to back up Hiro's electric one. The critics were rendered speechless by their performance. When Nittle Grasper performed Sleepless Beauty, Shuichi couldn't help but dance along backstage. Ryuichi's voice had grown better than ever. Tatsuha's eyes glazed over. He was practically drooling. He kept muttering, “Ryuichi…Sexy…” much to Eiri's dismay.
 
When `Possessed' was performed, people had their eyes glued at a very serious Shuichi onstage. Ryuichi and Tohma shot each other wary glances. While the song was superb and marvellous, the vocalist and the synthesiser of Nittle Grasper did not like the message. It made them worry about Shuichi's mental state even more. `Possessed' was a complete opposite to `The Rage Beat' from the music to the lyrics.
 
Possessed by you
That's what you do
Why is it easy to believe
but so hard to forgive?
Stop haunting me, no more
Why did I believe in you before?
You hypnotized me, yes you did
Tricked and fooled me, that's what you did
No more now, go away
I don't want to be possessed by you, hey!
 
The chorus bugged Eiri in a big way. He was reminded of the time Shuichi told him what he thought about `love':
 
“…There are no such things as `love at first sight' or `true love' like your stories claim there to be. There is no love; there is only a strong feeling to possess and be possessed…”
 
No, now wasn't the time to think of what had been and gone. Now was the time to enjoy. Shuichi was not as cold as the first time they met anymore. He seemed more relaxed and playful. Everyone clapped and catcalled when `Possessed' ended. It was Nittle Grasper's turn to sing their new song.
 
“Hello again, everyone! This song is new, na no da! Tohma, Noriko and Ryuichi worked hard on it. We hope you all like it, na no da! Here's `Resurrection' from Nittle Grasper!!” Shuichi, who was observing the performance backstage with K, Sakano, Hiro and Suguru, rolled his eyes. `Clever title, Ryuichi. Very clever,' he thought. The childlike Ryuichi was quickly replaced by an extremely adult (and sexy) Ryuichi. Tatsuha held his breath as `Resurrection' started.
 
Listen,
The clock is ticking as time goes by
The world is changing before our eyes
A love lost is a love found
And the storm is back to reign your heart
 
Too caught up in his performance, Ryuichi failed to notice a tall guy standing at the corner of the studio scanning the crowd. Shuichi and Tohma were oblivious to the fact too. Still, Shuichi wondered why his heart suddenly beat so fast. It was like something big was going to happen.
 
I've been in the darkness so long
Let the rain calls out my name
Now, upon the ashes I would rise
and nothing is staying the same
Let's create a new paradise
 
The man's eyes settled on Ryuichi. If Ryuichi, Tohma or Shuichi saw him, they would recognise him as Aoshi, Shindou Aoshi. Aoshi listened to the song attentively, admiring the powerful yet beautiful beat arranged by the Great Seguchi Tohma and Ukai Noriko.
 
My resurrection
Bow down, say hi and call out my name - hey!
I'll show you life through the eyes of a child
who sees beyond the skies
It's my resurrection
It's time to show you who I am
Who I really, really am
So don't you close your eyes now!
 
Another man entered the studio, clad in black from head to toe. Even in the dark studio, the man wore black shades. No one noticed him. He strode graciously to the opposite corner to where Aoshi was standing at.
 
Listen,
I know that I've been down, down, down
Ignoring the pleading tears they cried
But now I finally realise
The sun is still out there for me
I've been in the darkness so long
So lonely and all alone
Let the rain calls out my name
Now, upon the ashes I would rise
and nothing is staying the same
Let's create a new paradise
 
Shuichi was tapping his foot to the beat when he saw Aoshi. His movements died at once, eyes widened significantly in pure shock. There was no mistaken, it was Aoshi! The man he never wanted to see but refused to forget.
 
My resurrection
Bow down, say hi and call out my name - hey!
I'll show you life through the eyes of a child
who sees beyond the skies
It's my resurrection
It's time to show you who I am
Who I really, really am
So don't you close your eyes now!
 
Aoshi did not know Shuichi knew he was there yet. If it weren't for the TV crews and his band mates, Shuichi would have run away. His eyes were glued to the tall, handsome man isolated from the other audiences. When he tore his gaze away from the man he once respected, Shuichi saw the strange man wearing all black. He looked suspicious. Ignoring the worry in his heart, he scanned the audience. Tatsuha was glowing with adoration at the singing Ryuichi and Eiri looked like he was memorising the lyric. The beat slowed…
 
Now, upon the ashes I would rise
Let's create a new paradise
(new paradise)
 
…and built up again.
 
My resurrection
Bow down, say hi and call out my name - hey!
I'll show you life through the eyes of a child
who sees beyond the skies
It's my resurrection
It's time to show you who I am
Who I really, really am
So don't you close your eyes now!
 
A sudden movement from the strange man caught Shuichi's eyes. Wait… The man was pulling something from his back. Something black and shiny. Shuichi's eyes widened again.
 
No!
 
It's my resurrection!
 
The music stopped.
 
BANG!!
 
Ryuichi fell to the floor as soon as `Resurrection' ended. The strange man disappeared before people other than Shuichi noticed his crime. People started screaming and panicking.
 
“RYUICHI-ONIICHAN!!!!!”
 
To Be Continued in Track 6: Warm Blood
(Yes… I am EVIL! Pure evil. Nyahaha!!)
Okay, that's Track 5. Man, I can't believe it's only been five chapters of AitSWS. I still got loads to write >.< Exam result is coming out next month and I feel like going insane! Maybe if I focus on writing, I can forget all those stress. Yep, I think so… Anyway, did you like the chapter? Or did you hate it? Comments and criticisms are always welcomed!