Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 10

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Okies, this chappie is dedicated to Jane 504 for pointing out to me that even though Kagome is with Hiro, K is still going to harbor feelings toward her.
 
XOX K's POV XOX
 
I never thought that it would hurt this much to see them together but it does. They're sitting together on our bus sofa, watching Shuichi and Suguru go at it over some prank that Shuichi pulled. Something to do with itching powder, I don't know I'm not really listening. They look so happy like that, cuddled up and laughing quietly. I want her to be happy, but I'm aching inside. Part of me wants to smile and laugh with her, the other half wants to steal her away. I know that she used to have a crush on me, Ryuichi told me so, but I don't know when that faded. She seemed excited about the date that we had, but did that make her see that friendship was the only thing that we share?
 
I can't really blame her, she needs someone closer to her own age and she's got that with Hiro. Yet, I want to be the one that holds her kisses her and makes her feel loved. I know that I never could have that with her. I mean, how would it look to see a twenty eight-year-old man pick up his seventeen-year-old girlfriend from high school? I'd look like a pervert! Akira would probably never speak to me again, and I value the friendship I have with her too much to jeopardize it by dating her teenage daughter. Ma, the troubles of being in love with a taken person.
 
“Um, K?” Kagome called me so I looked at her.
 
“Yes Kagome?”
 
Kagome fidgeted and I knew she was embarrassed about something. “Could we possibly stop at a grocery store soon? I need to pick up something.”
 
“What do you need Kagome? I'm sure that we have it here on the bus.” I replied.
 
She squirmed a little more and I realized that I had a new favourite game; making Kagome squirm. “I need some girl things.”
 
Okay, maybe now wasn't the best time to play my new game. “Sure, do you want me to send Sakano with you as an escort?”
 
She shook her head. “I think I can brave the grocery store by myself thank you. Besides, Sakano would probably have a heart attack at what I have to buy.”
 
“I will take you then.” I said and patted the gun that was tucked safely in the holster on my left side.
 
Kagome blushed. Cute. “And have everyone look at me like I'm crazy? No thanks.”
 
“I can take you if you want Kagome.” Shuichi suggested. Personally, I think he just wants off the bus.
 
Kagome nodded. “Cheers Shuichi! How long till we get there?”
 
“I'm not sure, let me check with Sakano.” I said and walked over to him. “Sakano, how long until we reach a grocery store?”
 
Sakano glanced at me briefly. “About five minutes if I remember correctly. I haven't been here for a few years.”
 
“Thank you.” I said and walked back over to Kagome. “About five minutes. Do you want me to call Ryuichi and let him know?”
 
“No I can just text him.” She said as she pulled out her flip phone. I offered a small chuckle at the anime-related accessory. “Nice choice of dangly Kagome.”
 
She looked up from her phone and sniffed. “I happen to like Bleach thank you. Ichigo is so damn hot!”
 
I shook my head and noticed that the bus had come to a complete stop. “Please try not to take too long. And Shuichi, put on a hat and glasses!”
 
I was quite happy that Shuichi was taking Kagome off the bus because Tohma and Ryuichi needed to talk to the band about Kagome's surprise.
 
XOX
 
Kagome picked up a basket and walked into the store with Shuichi. “So, do you need anything or am I just your bodyguard?”
 
Shuichi giggled. “I could use some more pocky, and I'm your bodyguard Kagome. Oh, I need to get some muscle relaxant.”
 
Kagome shot him an evil grin. “So we can put it in Hiro's lip balm?”
 
Shuichi returned her grin with sparkly eyes. “I was thinking on his hands while he slept but I like your idea better. What are we here for anyways?”
 
“I need tampons and Motrin.” Kagome replied. She could tell Shuichi anything.
 
“You poor thing! Shall we get you some chocolate and weepy movies while we're here? We can have a night for just us!” He said.
 
She nodded. “That would be wonderful Shuichi! No offence, but you're such a good girlfriend!”
 
Shuichi looked at her. “I am not a girl! I do see what you mean though, and I'm happy that we're such good friends.”
 
Kagome picked up a box of tampons and put them in the basket before turning toward the over the counter medication. “I don't think I've ever had a friend as good as you in all honesty.”
 
“Are these the ones or do you need extra strength?” Shuichi said as he picked up a small blue bottle and showed it to her. “Do you not have any friends in your school Kagome?”
 
“I think I'll need extra strength this month please.” Kagome groaned. “I think my craps will be the death of me. Oh and to answer your question, most of the girls in my school are twits. I have a couple of girl that I'm buddies with, but they don't really know me like you do.”
 
Shuichi smiled at her as he picked up some muscle relaxant and placed it in the basket. “I feel so loved! Do any of them know about your family?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Hell no! I think I'd die if they knew I was related to Ryuichi. They all think that the fact that we share the same last name is merely a coincidence.”
 
“Are you embarrassed about being related to him?” He said.
 
Kagome held up her hands in defense. “No nothing like that! I just don't want people to look at me differently, that's all. I know for a fact that if word got out, my school life would become a train wreck and Uncle Ryu would pull me out and move me into his apartment. Don't get me wrong, I love staying with him but I'd miss my family.”
 
Shuichi nodded. “I understand completely. My younger sister is completely disassociated with me. I don't particularly want her to get harassed by the media.”
 
Kagome nodded and began the three-isle walk to where the candy was. “I'm in the mood for cherry liquorice and green tea pocky, how about you Shuichi?”
 
Shuichi pulled a disgusted face and looked at her. “Green tea? That's gross! Strawberry is the only flavour worth eating.”
 
She stopped in from on the pocky selection and put five boxes of green tea and five boxes of strawberry in the basket. She turned to the liquorice and grabbed a pack of cherry before turning to Shuichi. “I have all I need. Do you want anything or should we get back to the bus before K comes looking for us?”
 
XOX
 
A thunderstorm raged outside the bus, not that Kagome noticed. She was sitting in the sofa with her laptop on her lap, head bopping along to whatever was blasting out of her headphones and typing furiously. She took a small glance at Hiro and Suguru who were practicing on their respective instruments and had been since she had arrived on the bus. The tune they were playing sounded familiar, but upon asking Suguru what he was playing, she received only one answer; `it's a secret'. She mumbled the words of Our Lady Peace's `Automatic Flowers' under her breath as she clicked the send button and waited for Tatsuha to reply. Upon seeing the reply she cringed. It was going to happen soon or later, but why not later.
 
`Everyone knows your secret.'
 
Letting out a small wail of total despair, she pulled off her headphones and got straight on the phone to her mum. “Mum? We have a problem.” She said as soon as it was answered.
 
“Kagome? Sweetheart, I just got off the phone with Ryuichi and explained the situation to him. Both he and I agree that you should finish out your school in Tokyo with him.” Akira said.
 
Kagome groaned. “But mum, I don't want to live here! How did you find out so fast anyway?”
 
“Tatsuha called me and told me as soon as the news leaked.” She explained. “Anyway, we both knew that it was going to happen sooner or later, and as much as I wished that this could have waited until you were in college, it didn't. You nave no need to worry sweetheart, my brother will take great care of you and we can visit.”
 
Kagome sighed in relief. “Alright, I guess it can't be avoided. Tell Sota I send my love.”
 
Akira giggled. “I will do that Kagome. One last question before you go.”
 
“Yes mum?” Kagome replied.
 
“What is this I hear about you having a boyfriend?”
 
“Goodbye mother.”
 
XOX
 
I hope you all enjoyed this chappie, and please review!
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx